It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway Continues Participation in JSF program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The Norwegians will continue to participate in the JSF program, BUT it doesn't mean they have made the final decision to buy them yet. Here is a part of the Norwegian MoD press release:

Continued Norwegian participation in JSF

The Norwegian Government has today decided to continue participation in the Joint Strike Fighter programme. The decision came after Lockheed Martin presented an improved package for Norwegian industry.

So far potential contracts of up to 20 billion NOK have been identified. The agreement entails that the Norwegian Government will contribute 114 million NOK to the JSF programme, in addition to the 429 million that has already been paid.

I want to emphasize that this decision does not mean that we have decided which aircraft Norway will procure, but I am satisfied that our efforts to strengthen Norwegian industry’s opportunities have been rewarded, should we decide to choose JSF, says Minister of Defence Anne-Grete Strøm-Erichsen.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

If the JSF doesnt work out there is a new Phantom F-4Z

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
WOW... What a nice plane...

Good news with the JSF... I do understand that Norway wants a good plane, after all they don'ta have any loans...

new topics

join