It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes Around Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I was playing around on google earth and found that you can call up Earthquake data and show it as an overlay on the photos and I decided to check out the groom lake area. Obviously there are loads of earthquakes registered in the Frenchman Flat/Yucca Flat areas but there are three in particular that interested me.

These three earthquakes all occured in 4 days in November 1995 and lie south and practically inline with the runways.

I've heard of the wreckage of crashed military planes being literally out of the ground before but I suspect that the strength of these is far too much for that explantion.

Does anyone have any ideas of what these could be? I've tried a google search but to no avail. Thanks

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
-Could be a normal earthquake
-Could be an experimental manmade earthquake to: see how sensitive the slightest changes around government bases towards the public can be.

-Could be an alien intention to see what happends if they cause an earthquake by a military base and see the ants/people scurry.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gfad

Does anyone have any ideas of what these could be? I've tried a google search but to no avail. Thanks

I checked the USGS records and they do confirm the earthquakes. There is a slight variation in the magnitude found in those records and the Google Earth USGS records, but that's normal. All three showed minor earthquakes. The estimated focal depth for the first two was near-surface, while the estimated depth for the one on the 30th was somewhat deeper, but it must be noted that these depth readings can be, at times, unreliable.

I found no record of a nearby major earthquake in the same general timeframe.

As for the aircraft theory, it is theoretically possible, but it would require a number of highly unlikely circumstances and thus the likelihood of that being the cause is close to 0. While the readings were minor in earthquake terms, it would still take a very significant explosion to cause those kinds of readings. The other thing that goes against the impact theory is the fact that these readings were on three separate, spaced-out days. Thus the air force would have had to have lost three very special aircraft (with big payloads that accidentally went off) in a short period of time in order for the theory to hold. It would be impossible for one major impact to cause three separate readings, unless there were bombs aboard that hadn't detonated (and they'd have to be MAJOR bombs) and they magically detonated with days in between (which they aren't generally designed to do anymore), but that's really stretching it.

Based on satellite photography, there are no classic signs of underground nuke testing at any of those three locations. Of course, if underground tests did occur, the government would not say so, because the last nuke test we supposedly did was in 1992.

In summation, the most likely explanation is the most boring one - three small quakes.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
In my mind 3 things could have happened. Under ground explosive "hush" testing, Expansion of Underground facilities or a Very localised relatively small area Quake activity. My guess is Expansion of Underground facilities especially now that all Eyes can see recent and High detailed area imagery of all that is above ground.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeMan
As for the aircraft theory, it is theoretically possible, but it would require a number of highly unlikely circumstances and thus the likelihood of that being the cause is close to 0. While the readings were minor in earthquake terms, it would still take a very significant explosion to cause those kinds of readings. The other thing that goes against the impact theory is the fact that these readings were on three separate, spaced-out days. Thus the air force would have had to have lost three very special aircraft (with big payloads that accidentally went off) in a short period of time in order for the theory to hold. It would be impossible for one major impact to cause three separate readings, unless there were bombs aboard that hadn't detonated (and they'd have to be MAJOR bombs) and they magically detonated with days in between (which they aren't generally designed to do anymore), but that's really stretching it.

That wasn't what I meant .. from reading the reports of crash site searchers such as the ones by Tom Mahood and on sites such as X-hunters if an aircraft crashes at high speed and becomes lodged in the ground, the air force has been known to literally blow the aircraft out of the ground. This also aids the cover up in the fact that the aircraft is broken up.

My theory was that a high speed aircraft crashed after takeoff to the south into the hills and during the clean up the authorities had to use controlled explosions. Of course I have no knowledge of what size earthquake any bomb could make.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
wtf you can see area51 on google earth!?!?!?!

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Umm yeah, and you can see it with your own eyes if you find the right vantage point and have a good pair of binoculars. But i must warn you, they will know if you are looking at the base, so expect to be approached by some creepy black SUVs within minutes.

Area 51 exists but the government denies it.. its very shady.

Why make an air base so secretive ?? my theory is that it can only mean 1 thing.. Alien technology. (keep in mind, knowlege of alien existence would collapse the religious structure around the world, thats a huge plate to fill)

As far as the quakes.. Could be underground testing, earthquakes, or even better anti matter tests..

Who knows , maybe theres a war going on underground between aliens and humans that we dont even know about.. HAhahah. I doubt the latter, but whatever, when it comes to area 51 everything is possible.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Does anyone have any idea what size explosion would result in an earthquake of magnitude 3.3 - 3.4 being registered? You can check the blasts on yucca flat for comparison, they wre huge blasts and register mostly above 5.5.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
area 51 is on the Nevada Test Site, so it was probably a shock from a nuclear explosion, or I suppose it could be a plane practising Air to Surfacing missile's.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I dont really think that could be the explanation. Why would they be doing tests away from the sites on which they usually do them on what appears to be quite a hilly area. Or why do 3 within 4 days. Also there is no evidence of a crater.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So does it pinpoint where the earthquake originated from, or just where the earthquak effected? Or would they both be the same? I really can't think of any reason apart from the test site bombings effecting the sensors and making it look like the earthquake went off in the hill area.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
I dont really think that could be the explanation. Why would they be doing tests away from the sites on which they usually do them on what appears to be quite a hilly area. Or why do 3 within 4 days. Also there is no evidence of a crater.

I don't know how much of help would be my answer but in the new video (Loose Change) that deals with 911 conspiracy is a detail about a seismic activity below WTC and registered by a geoseismic station in a nearby state. Which means a explosion (those ones used for a controll demolition) is enough to create a small quake 3-4 rihter scale.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
So does it pinpoint where the earthquake originated from, or just where the earthquak effected? Or would they both be the same? I really can't think of any reason apart from the test site bombings effecting the sensors and making it look like the earthquake went off in the hill area.

I'm assuming that they pinpoint the epicentre of the quake, but I'm sure the vibrations would be able to be felt for a considerable distance. I've already stated what I think the blasts could be and I still think it makes no sense that they would be testing in that area.

Telos; I have seen that documentary, centainly "interesting" but I dont subscrive to the belief that there were controlled explosions but I dont know what else they could be.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Is it possible some of the underground A51 reaches to under those mountains and the vibrations from one of the underground blasts at the test site caused the underground part of A51 to shake so much that it looked like an earthquake happened in that exact area? I don't know if that made sense to anyone else.

Were there any other earthquakes or blasts that same day as the one that was recoreded on the mountains?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I would think it was more excavation under the base...

and considering that yucca mountain is the location of our proud new multimillenia age Nuclear Waste storage

I would really hope they were man made siesmic disturbances, and not natural ones...

But as a schloo of scientists have stated... you would have to be a moron to place a nuclear repository at yucca mountain... (who decided to put one there again?)
like building a nuke plant on a rope bridge...

top topics

join