It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorant people ruining this site

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekiel
hehe thanks mate - however I have been hanging around (not always posting) since 2002.....

No problem. My bad, I was looking at this site for at least a year before I ever registerded and began posting. It is interesting reading, kills time in between classes and when on bread at work.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Could you believe maybe since 2002 alot of stuff have been put to daylight, ppl smelling smoke started to search for the fire, Google video made me realize i have been teach wrong on som subject when i was in school. Always remember when the ppl was teach the earth was flat, alot of ppl have been killed and put in jail for saying it was round , that w/t the mind of ppl fighting the establishment you would not exist if your an american.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I don't know. I remember posting to Paranet in 1993 or so. Maybe because you had to have some brains just to even find the thing and post to it at 300 bps in all text, it catered to a different brand of people. Still, the level of discussion wasn't that much different than here. Maybe a little less variable. Maybe a little less noise and more signal. But the general deterioration in discussion happened with the introduction of Netscape 3.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Everytime I look at this thread I keep thinking it says

'The ignorant people running this site'

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Peter Principality

Originally posted by crookedblue

Personally, I think it's a lot funnier to read it that way.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Dear "E". Admins and Mods,

I just breezed through all of the posts on here and I was absolutely exhilarated.
This thread is WONDERFUL...let me explain my thinking.

This very thread is what defines ATS for me. Truly free speech and the availability to express yourself without hindrance.

Of course "E" thinks some of the posts/threads are ridiculous. We all do. That however does not diminish their importance to the one that posted it. That they feel free to post it, is the most direct indicator that this site is being administered very well.

I mean who likes all of the channels on cable, or dish? If we do not like them, we change the channel. If you do not like the thread, do not click on it. That's freedom people!!! That is the free exchange of thoughts, ideas and yes conspiracies.

Here we sit postulating on the value of the threads, when we did not post them. One mans trash is another mans treasure after all.

EXCELLENT!!!

Let's keep it up...

ps. What will we have if we limit it to what "E". Myself or anyone else thinks important? CONTROL, thats what.

[edit on 5/10/2006 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Huh? What? Did somebody say something? Doh!
Hmmm what's that little spot on my shirt?.........

Springer...

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think one of the main problems is people who are so blinded by what they want to be true they only see what they want to see. This is especially true in the UFO forum, there are numerous videos posted, some are undoubtedly CGI, but many members wont except any criticism of these obvious fakes.

A great example of this is Jaime Maussan, heres one of his conferences video.google.com... . I'm sure he's an intelligent man but he's so desperate for evidence he'll believe anything.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Yeah I actually freaked out after I posted it - thinking that I had typed RUNNING instead of RUINING.....

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
You know, nobody here is "ignorant" . Everyone here is too smart, that is the problem.
Another thought occured to me, tensions are high as Mr Bush's numbers keep nosediving and some people are extremely aggravated at that. That's part of the cause; The effect is, to strike out and defend, defend, therefore resorting to what amounts to throwing a virtual punch.

That was to be expected, at least with anything to do with Bush. As far as the rest of the stories, say, Global warming,
, things take on a liberal/Republican tone as well.
The rest of the stories, well, we just like to argue with the people whom we argued with on the thread before.
Its payback time.

It never ends!!!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Why do you think the motto of ATS is 'Deny Ignorance' ? Maybe so that ignorant people can join this site, and get rid of their ignorance.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
No one is ignorant here. An ignorant person would pass this sight by. The these people are here purely to discredit the site. They may or may not be from the government or may have been offended by the 9/11 conspiracies. I know I have not been here long and would not know how good it was back in the day... hey wait... I was lurking back then in 2002... YAY
I can say I know how good that was.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Before I joined, I pasted this site hundreds of times, thinking it was pure crap... But now I see I was wrong

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
so you dont like seriousness then! LOL

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hi
I have an idea in which I have to share with you! I know I haven't been a member very long, but I like trying to figure out solutions to problems. This may or may not be a good idea, but never the less here goes.
How about a Forum for Mature Audiences Only! Like, One would have to be a member for a minimum of 5 years to post a reply to their thread? Or if you feel 5 years is too much, then 3 maybe?

Maybe you would have a majority of ATS members that would reply that would be more apt to Not put the horse before the cart, or their foot in their mouths if they have been members for a lengthy time, therefore being more mature & knowledgable that people have different views, which need to be respected!

What do you think?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The mission statement of ATS is to:

Deny Ignorance

If ATS was to separate the senior members from the newer members, it would seriously put a damber on the denying of ignorance. New members coming along and posting misinformation is a constant struggle with ATS I have come to realize. But the sole purpose of this board is to Deny Ignorance.

Without the ignorant, where would ATS be?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I see, and understand, but I still think it was a good idea. It's a reward / special privilege given to those who have stayed and supported ATS throughout the years!

[edit on 11-5-2006 by AngelWings9999]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
But would it do the board service? With power comes responsibility, and most senior members of the board (Member, Mod, Admin) seem to accept the role of assisting the newer members.

The Freshman forum, for newer members to come together to learn alittle about the board is frequently visited by the senior members to lend a helping hand, was a great idea. ATS is all about the meshing of old and young alike, this is what makes the site so great. A member who registered with ATS years ago meshes with a member who registered today, all benefit from the interaction.

Integration over Segregation is always a good idea.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelWings9999
I see, and understand, but I still think it was a good idea. It's a reward / special privilege given to those who have stayed and supported ATS throughout the years!

[edit on 11-5-2006 by AngelWings9999]

There is something similar to that in the Really Above Top secret forum - requires point buy per month and a fee.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am not new, but I mostly post in other forums.

I have admitted in the past of not knowing everything and thus suffered the slings and arrows of my peers, but such persecution did not daunt me in my quest for knowledge, regardless of their feelings.

The people in this thread and for that matter in the rest of the forum are good. They form a backbone of community and civil society. I salute you all as Fellow Ignoramus, or is that ignorami...

[edit on 13-5-2006 by Matyas]

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join