It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible infallible Treatment for Cancer(In Mice)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
www.wesh.com...

Three years ago, Wake Forest researchers discovered a mouse that could not get cancer no matter how hard they tried to give it the disease.

Now, they said white blood cells from that mouse's descendants were injected into ordinary mice with cancer and their disease was completely wiped out.

/snip

The mice did not suffer any side effects from the treatment. They had no problems with rejection.

/snip

White cells from a cancer patient would be combined in a test tube with the specific anti-cancer gene and then given back to the same patient.

/snip

A cure is still a long way off, but they believe that, like mice, there are humans out there with genes to fight cancer.

For example, out of all people who smoke, only a small percentage get cancer. What keeps them safe is still unknown.

Quite an interesting story if proven true in Humans, it would be the greatest discovery in Medical science in quite a while, possibly greater then the discovery of Insulin, the Hypodermic Needle and Anti-Biotics combined!

One last thing, as you folks discuss this I wan't you to keep one thing in mind....

Please stay on topic!

[edit on 9-5-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Ive heard about a similar story from the 1970s something.. when threating cancer with magnetic fields in someway.. can't on top of my head find where i got it from.. anyway once they had cured a mouse, they could take blood from it and inject into another mouse and it would get cured also. This was in france i believe and the experiments where sponsored by the government, but when governments changed they for one reason or another dissapeared.. from the story ive heard anyway.

Descendants of those mice ?? (:

[edit on 9-5-2006 by SilverSurfer]

new topics

join