It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious nuts are going to ruin the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Seriously.

These religious nutcases are going to do us all in. We have the devil worshipping, horse fearing, nukular saying blue blood cowboy on a holy mission. Ok, so God wanted him to be president, but he did say he's on a crusade. He has the fundy, born again loony bin Christians behind him on the 21st century crusade to get the A-rabs.

We have the Iranian prez dropping his balls and defying everyone on enrichment, which I can feel to some extent. But, this nutcase thinks Allah is going to come down and help the Muslims. Then, I've seen videos of insurgents attacking and being attacked by our troops. On one, these kids were playing with a troop's severed leg. Everyone was yelling "Allah Akbar" while they kicked the leg.

Then, we have the sneaky Zionists pulling all kinds of strings behind the scenes. These are the biggest nutcases; they actually think they are God's favorite people
. They actually say this with a straight face. Which is funny to me, because their god was constantly slapping them around in their holy book.

Quite the situation we have here. The Christian loonies support Israel because of some rapture or something. I think Jesus comes down on a cloud and kills all the Muslims and whoever else is attacking Israel, or something like that. Jesus-god, who has been AWOL for the last 2000 years. The Muslim fanatics want death to America and Israel. Honestly, I don't know much about Islam, but I'm sure Allah comes down and steps on the infidels or something. The Jewish elitists are laughing all the way to the bank. Since they're already the favorite of all 3 groups (they made up the original, after all), they laugh at the Christians and the Muslims. After all, they're the chosen ones, no matter who rips off their religion, right?

And, I can't forget the devil worshippers. These are the ones ultimately pulling ALL the strings. These are the ones to really worry about, because they have tons of money, tons of power, and are really crazy. Either way, these religious nutcases are going to annihilate a huge portion of the Earth. All because of some made up beliefs...what a shame.:shk:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Uh didn't we used to be a LOT MORE religious in the past? If that is the case then how come they didn't ruin the world already? I guess it depends on how far back you look.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well...

We didn't have religious nuts in control of weapons that can devastate countries back then. That's the difference.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Uh didn't we used to be a LOT MORE religious in the past? If that is the case then how come they didn't ruin the world already?

I would say that they already have. How many people have died at the hands of zelots? How much knowledge has been lost or destroyed by the ignorant? How much senseless suffering and hate have been inflicted on humanity by the falsely self-rightous? And all from Religion.

If they haven't "ruined" the world, it certainly doesn't appear to be from lack of trying.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Unless some other nut beats them to it. Do you honestly think this has to do with religion? This is about greed and power.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I know that it seems that religious nutters are running amok - but there has never been a time in history that was devoid of them.

I must agree however, that greed and power are the main motivators. Religion is often the mask the war monger wears. Again, nothing has changed.

I think that if we could ever get right down to brass tacks, many things that are done in the name of religion are really done for other reasons. Relgion is a nice pretty package for greed.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Religion in general isn’t the cause for havoc and chaos. If you look back to the Stone Age (which only ended in Europe as 500bc or earlier) the religion(s) were fairly similar if not the same in a lot of places. The difference is that, 1. They lived off the land and knew that the supreme spirit or god wouldn’t just give anything to them.
2. They didn’t pray directly to that Supreme Being but rather to give something back after a kill as an offering so that there would be more prey in the future. (There for eliminating greed and wasteful usage of prey)

The madness of the Christian faith as well as the Muslims is that they're more spread around the planet. Stone Age religion wasn’t like that as most groups of people were confined to the same general region. But the Muslims and Christian’s conflict with each other and also politics and government have played a big role with this conflict in the past and using it to their advantage

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Can you imagine how far ahead we would have been in technology, had a lot of ideas, inventions,books and theories not been suppressed by the religious organizations of the past several hundred years? The biggest technology that has always survived and propered was weaponry. From swords, spears, trebuchets,gatling guns, canons to stealth and cloaking weaponry. Yet we still have yet to explore the bottom of the sea and the outer reaches of space. You would think all through time where religion has been a governing factor in our development, that devices intended to kill would have been the suppressed ideas rather then ideas like the Earth being round, or the sun being the center of our system. So much preaching about Love,commandments and fellow man, yet so many people have died and are still dying for the sake of religion.

Pie

new topics

top topics

join