It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 witness UFO landing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This is an Article about a sighting from Melbourne, Australia.
Authentic or Mass Hysteria?

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

A CANBERRA academic is investigating one of Australia's most compelling UFO mysteries, a sighting by hundreds of people in the Melbourne suburb of Westall on April 6, 1966.
More than 200 students and staff from two schools watched as the object landed in a nearby paddock, lifted off and vanished.
Shane Ryan, an English lecturer at the University of Canberra, is interviewing dozens of witnesses for a book he hopes to publish on the 40th anniversary of the sighting.
Mr Ryan, 38, was alerted to the events in the 1980s by a housemate who was there. Unlike most UFO sightings, the Westall object had a large number of credible witnesses. It was viewed in daylight and attracted a forceful response from police and the RAAF.
"I knew the 40th anniversary was coming up next year, so I thought it was timely to do some research on it."
Mr Ryan has interviewed about 30 witnesses, mostly former staff and students from the Westall secondary and primary schools. He has tried obtaining police and RAAF reports, but so far with little luck. The story was covered then by Channel Nine, The Age and local newspapers. ( Most of the major news sources of that time

[edit on 5/8/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I hate how they choose to begin research DECADES after the event took place...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I don't know why this guy is bothering to research it. It was obviously just a meteorite or a plasma ball.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
I don't know why this guy is bothering to research it. It was obviously just a meteorite or a plasma ball.

Hmm havent seen a meteorite land, then take off =)

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Or a plasma ball for that matter.

I do agree though, why wait decades. Why do people or researchers wait till the 40th anniversary, why not the 2nd or 3rd?

Anyway, I have looked this up myself and it is an interesting read.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It was swamp gas.

Move along.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It was just a ball of swamp gas plasma. A plasma swamp gas plasma that created mass hysteria. Clearly, no other explanation could be simpler.
Move along. Do not panic. Move along. Do not panic. Friends reruns can be found on your local TV station. Move along.

I think that when something like this happened in the 1980s, people were still under some vague belief that our governments were 'on top of it' and that the public would be involved sooner or later.

Sooner passed.
Later passed.

Now we're figuring we're being used. Time to start working on our own.

20 years is going to hurt the record, but there are many witnesses to cross reference. Hope they all haven't kept in touch with one another.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

new topics

top topics

join