It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare mirage appears off east China shore

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All post this over here so ya'll can see our comments on the other thread.

I had one and dg had one... whatever ...

THIS IS MAJOR COOL!! I wonder if the conditions can be
recreated in some way to see if they can open up the
mirage again.

I wonder if it really is a mirage .. or a portal to another dimension???

d1k

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So why does it not say it's a reflection of the city, and if it were where is the city out off shore?

Just as quickly people are asuming it's supernatural people are asuming it's not.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I've never seen a mirage of a guy in a boat so clearly before!

Ox

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This is amazing.. the pictures are great.. This is the first documented case of Mirage I've read.. And well seen pictures off.. Who knows what this really is.. A fantastic reflection? hmm maybe but what kind of power would have to be involved, I mean, that would take an immense amount of light.. Even at night when driving toward a big city you can only see the lights shining on the clouds and not a reflection. Is this really a glimpse into another world? or a split second ahead in time? a chance to see into another reality? or merely an elaborate optical illusion..

Who knows.. but awesome none the less

The fact that these images were viewed to be moving is what shocks and amazes me the most..

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Skeptics out there, I find that quality to be a very good one. Your explanation makes sense. well if this is simply an upside down version of the city, a reflection, then someone who is good at this stuff please flip the image and then we can look for a pic of the actual city and see what we get.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm sorry, Flyersfan, i didnt realize you had a post on this also!

Isnt it something? What a strange world this is.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ok here are pics of Penglai city, someone who can post pics please post pic then flip image and put beside of the mirage. I have never tried to post images and can't post images or I would. TIA

www.plta.gov.cn...

Also there is another image of a mirage from another date from this same city, so it is not the same pic, on this website as well. Interesting.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Interesting- they are like castles. This is NO reflection, imo

The locals are amazed by the mirages and i think they would recognize it if it was just reflections.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Exactly, not other dimensions, just a reflection from other parts of the Chinese city.

Sometimes I wish people would stop assuming things are other-dimensional, or spiritual in nature.

That causes two problems:

-People that will believe anything before ruling out a rational explanation.

-Turning people like me into a snarly skeptic more and more each day, don't ruin my lifes illusions, they are getting hard to come by, first god, then this, what next
!

Until you or someone else can show which part of the city is actually reflected I will believe the idea. Because you appear to be unwilling to look at other supernatural effects which could cause such a stir such as this. Please do not condemn others' open minded views. Deny Ignorance! Your are being ignorant in openly denying the possibility of it being supernatural and merely providing an opinion. Please keep an open mind towards the subject until further proof is given.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here's a question we need to ask:

If it is indeed an optical illusion of reflection, what is it reflecting? Can anyone identify the city seen in the mirage?

And since its a conspiracy site...

Hologram technologies?
Parallel world?

Oooooooooooohhhh

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jiffy
Here's a question we need to ask:

If it is indeed an optical illusion of reflection, what is it reflecting? Can anyone identify the city seen in the mirage?

Oooooooooooohhhh
That's just it. None of the locals there can identify any of it according to all the articles. These people are intelligent and my guess is would debunk this in an instant like we would.

Ok, this IS a conspiracy site- this is not a conspiracy but......Does anyone remember a few years ago the Hubble pictures depicting a mirage in the outer reaches of space, with tall buildings, roads, castles? I remember and i will research this.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well, if it's not supernatural, why believe that it is? Unfortunately I cannot compare other parts of the city to the mirage.
But is it not assinine to assume that it is supernatural? I mean 9 times out of 10 there is a non-supernatural explanation with many mysterious things, that's just the way it is. (sad but true)

People believe things are supernatural simply because they want to believe it is so, I am not denying supernatural things exist, I believe they do, but you MUST rule out ALL posibilities first, otherwise you are simply being self deceptive.

Did the sources of these pics not indicate the temperature inversions, yes they did. You look out across hot pavement, is it water, an illusion, spirit water, or a supernatural event? These mirages are over water, water is very reflective, so if the sun shone down on a city, reflected off clouds (or a temp. inversion) onto the water you could have your mirage.
More likely a double temperature inversion, one in the sky, one over the water.

So Knights, do you think it is more likely a spiritual event, or simply a mirage with a reasonable explanation?

I am just the type of person who likes to know if something is a genuine phenomena, or something with a mundane explanation. I just like to know before I believe,

For you religious folks, if a miraculous event happened, would you aotomatically assume it's a miracle from god, or would you investigate it first to insure you were not being self deceptive (or fooled by satan), to eliminate all doubt so that you could give conviction and not ridicule to your believe.

Make it bullet proof.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I'm sorry, Flyersfan...

Oh you are so sweat ... but honey, apparently yours was listed first.
I think it's a hoooooooot that we both found it and posted it.
AMAZING. Either scientifically or metaphysically .. but it's amazing.

I have heard of reflections in the clouds from cities ... but nothing like
this. If I had seen it I would have ran over into it to see if it felt
different ... or if I could make interaction with anyone ....

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Concerning my post above:
I am willing to accept a supernatural event, but I am waiting for proof of that.
Even if the cities in the mirage don't match, there can be two explanations. China has a lot of infrastructure, and 2, mirages are a distorted view of what is in them, so they would not be an exact replica of the original reflected source
(that's of course if it is not supernatural
)

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Toadmund]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights

Exactly, not other dimensions, just a reflection from other parts of the Chinese city.
Sometimes I wish people would stop assuming things are other-dimensional, or spiritual in nature.
-Turning people like me into a snarly skeptic more and more each day, don't ruin my lifes illusions, they are getting hard to come by, first god, then this, what next
!

Until you or someone else can show which part of the city is actually reflected I will believe the idea. Because you appear to be unwilling to look at other supernatural effects which could cause such a stir such as this. Please do not condemn others' open minded views. Deny Ignorance! Your are being ignorant in openly denying the possibility of it being supernatural and merely providing an opinion. Please keep an open mind towards the subject until further proof is given.

Sorry Knights, but Toadmund is not the one being ignorant here (remember, "ignorant" only means unaware of something, I don't mean to slur you.)

The mirage that is the subject of this thread is a well known phenomena, called a "Fata Morgana," which is a literal translation of Morgan LeFay, nemesis of Aurthur that lived in a castle under the sea, unless she was in a bad mood in which case she'd raise the castle up into the air above the sea.

If you want to know more:

Fata Morgana Definition with picture
Another Fata Morgana with pic
Fata Morgana in Monterey Bay, pic and big ole' essay

But I like your enthusiasm!

Harte

[edit on 5/9/2006 by Harte]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
there is nothing supernatural, it's just an atmospheric condition. In the area where i live I see the same effect quite often, as i described previously with OTH mountains, also with looking down into a valley where a city was, and seeing ocean. After crossing the thermocline and entering the bubble, i saw the reflections on the inside. Haze and temparature differentials make for very nice mirrors in the sky.

What eveidence do you have that it IS a dimensional portal? Post it here.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by Knights

!

Sorry Knights, but Toadmund is not the one being ignorant here (remember, "ignorant" only means unaware of something, I don't mean to slur you.)

Actually my comment wasn't showing ignorance, well not in my eyes! I did not state the effect was supernatural and i'd be the first to admit my knowledge on the subject is minimal. If you read my post however, I did not give an opinion on whether it was supernatural or not, i merely asked for proof that it was a reflection and if examples could be provdied. I still have an open mind on the subject and found your links informative, well the last link anyway!

This is what I do not take kindly too, and i mean to cause no offence to the author, I just do not like to be told something and it be classed as fact until that particular investigation has been fully proven. The article did not state it as being a reflection and I will keep an open mind on the subject until a fact is stated, until then I will keep an open and un-ignorant viewpoint.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
All links covering this story are from the likes of china daily, daily india etc.

These are not exactly the best sources for anything.

Google News Links for China Mirage

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
AMAZING!!!!!, that’s absolutely the best thing i seen in ages. [oh, well maybe the commander x video]

Id heard of mirages, mostly the old cliché desert mirage, and i thought it was just a bit of movie fun, or, that it was more likely, if in real life you did see something, it would probably be a trick of the mind.

Im quite happy with the scientific explanation.

Brilliant.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

All links covering this story are from the likes of china daily, daily india etc.

These are not exactly the best sources for anything.

Google News Links for China Mirage

And may I ask what you are suggesting from this?

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Knights]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join