It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind control and subliminal messages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There is an article that I found that contains some interesting information about mind control

One of the areas where this new technology is being used is in systems to dissuade shoplifters, using sound below the range of hearing. "Japanese shopkeepers are playing CDs with subliminal messages to curb the impulses of the growing band of shoplifters. The Mind Control CDs have sound-tracks of popular music or ocean waves, with encoded voices in seven languages...warning that anyone caught stealing will be reported to the police."

www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Interesting stuff.

I find it hard to distinctly separate mind control from subliminal messaging/brainwashing; though I believe they are different. I've been trying to use helpful subliminal messaging and brainwashing on myself as an experiment lately; it's actually working fairly well.

Somewhere under the research forum there is a link to a program to flashes subliminal messages (either text, pictures, or sounds) every XX seconds. You can choose what they say and you can make it go down a list. I've been using it to "subliminalize" vocabulary into my head for tests and such. It's actually working surprisingly well and I have found it as a possible alternative to studying.

Anyways, back to the topic. Subliminal messaging is an interesting field, and is probably one of the most common tactics used by all big companies. Regarding absolute mind control, it's quite scary, and I hope it doesn't exist (though I'm partially inclined to believe it does).

BTW, have you read about the parasites that are being researched for mind control? I'll see if I can find the article, but apparently parasites act as "mind control" agents in rats. For example, when placed in mazes, rats naturally stay away from, I believe it was urine, as they hate it (who wouldn't); but these parasites are used to sort of control the minds of the rats, causing them to act against these instincts and go directly into the urine.

Mind control is some scary stuff, and I think we will be seeing a lot more of it in the upcoming years.

new topics

join