It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quicken 2006 or MS Money 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I need to purchase another financial software solution for home use. I've used MS Money 2002 (lost my disk) and am wondering if anyone has an opinion on the functionality between two programs (Quicken and MS Money). I've never used Quicken and am wondering if it's worse, equal or better than MS Money. I don't know maybe MS Money has changed from the 2002 version so all comments and suggestions are welcome.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
in my opinion you should stick with what you are use to,
in MS money they will make some changes to the layout (nothing majour)
like they do with the rest of their ranges

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thanks bodrul.

Does anyone else have feelings one way or the other?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Personally I have used MS Money, and no reason to switch. Had never used Quicken, so I could not give any comparison.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
All I can offer is the level of frustration I encountered trying to configure Money to stop going to the Internet to find or store my financial data. It was not a well thought out process.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thanks MrPenny. I haven't used MS Money for several years and I forgot about all the passport and internet issues until I read your post. I couldn't stand how the program wanted me to sign-in to Microsoft every time I opened the program. Also I didn't like how it integrated into ie on the side bar thing.

I decided to purchase Quicken and have already set everything up. It is so easy and I love how simple it is for the program to "talk" with my bank and download statements. Overall I am very happy I decided to go with Quicken.

top topics

join