It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zacarias Moussaoui says he lied in court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The convicted al-Qa'eda conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui has said he lied on the witness stand about being involved in the September 11 plot and asked to withdraw his guilty plea.

today.reuters.com
Moussaoui, 37, said in the affidavit filed with the motion that he had pleaded guilty to conspiracy in connection with the attacks against the advice of his lawyers because his understanding of the U.S. legal system was "completely flawed."

"Because I now see that it is possible that I can receive a fair trial, even with Americans as jurors and that I can have the opportunity to prove that I did not have any knowledge of and was not a member of the plot to hijack planes and crash them into buildings on September 11, 2001, I wish to withdraw my guilty plea and ask the court for a new trial to prove my innocence of the September 11 plot," he said in the affidavit.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Lies, lies lies. Where does it all end?
Even though this did not shock me I'm very surprised by the development of Mr. Moussaoui's current statements. What do you all believe, the lies?

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk
www.nytimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Moussaoui gets life

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
then he now faces perjury charges and as we all know, that is even worse.....

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
How do you say "Shoot yourself in the foot" in Arabic?

seekerof

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
How do you say "Shoot yourself in the foot" in Arabic?

owis halak be ijrak

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
hahaha how do you say stupid bloody fool in arabic?

Oh man he's sat in a super max till he dies and only NOW does he say he's not guilty??? ROFL hope he likes prison food......

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The son of a bitch sat up in court and told the world of how overjoyed he was when the planes hit the WTC and the Pentagon.

He admitted that he was suppose to fly a plane into a building on American soil with the purpose of taking many innocent lives.

The only reason he's recanting his plea is because he thinks that he'll find a jury that'll set him free.

He actually thought that he was going to get the death penalty.

Here's an ATT Worldnet story.

All I have to say to him is, "Rot in jail then go to hell you bastard!"

[edit on 8/5/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelearthlingThe only reason he's recanting his plea is because he thinks that he'll find a jury that'll set him free.

Then it was probably a mistake for him to say that he was involved in 9/11 in the first place right?

He actually thought that he was going to get the death penalty.Here's an ATt Worldnet story.

That's probably why he wants to withdraw his guilty plea, because he wasn't able to become a martyr. I think it's obvious he lied in the first place though although I think he was trying to get involved in some kind of plan of attack with people from the al Qaeda network. It seems like he was too much of a goof for anyone to take him seriously though.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
now he has plenty of time to aquaint himself with the law-library books & tapes at his new 'residence for life'...

i think a replea is a non-starter, as that would put him in 'double jeopardy'
and by law he cannot be tried for that same crime more than once.

tsk-tsk-tsk, he 'outsmarted' himself

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
hahaha how do you say stupid bloody fool in arabic?

Oh man he's sat in a super max till he dies and only NOW does he say he's not guilty???

Theres no words for that but probably the closest would be MUJDOOB which is like an idiot, fool or jackass

Seriously though. I dunno about that guy. He appears to border on mongoloid. I dunno how they tag him as being a mastermind. I definitly would not want to live our the rest of my life in a small 6x10 cell. He better hope he can get a hold of some sheets and something to tie them to.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Then it was probably a mistake for him to say that he was involved in 9/11 in the first place right?

It's the same thing as James Earl Ray confessing he shot MLK and then later said that he was lying about the whole thing but it was too late.

His family (JER's) maintains his innocence but look what you get when you want to be the "big shot" so to say.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
"No, Zach 19234876911 your trial was before - You remember the little chat we had about before and after don't you? Like how we caught you before 911, there we go. How about the truth? Do you remember a new version? Would you like to entertain us?"

I can't tell you how "special" I feel toward this unique individual human being.
I am against the death penalty - raised that way - but this guy makes me feel ashamed for wanting him to a) shut up and b) suffer endlessly, rotting live in whirling, sucking, vortex of darkness and despair. This guy takes the cake.

Not the best of emotions to be totin' around on this the eve of the 5th Anniversary of The Disclosure Project NPC "event". I thought I was better than that - simple vengeful human, model male Anglo, circa 1950. Gonna listen to Dr. Greer and Paul Hellyer 2morrow nite in Toronto.

"If" he was retried, and found guilty again could America then do the merciful thing and "whack" his adled-brain-self-confessed-terrorist self? Would this be too nice or barbaric? Life in supermax seems well rather a torture in and of itself perhaps?

Sorry for the rant,

Victor K.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You mean he doesnt like being set up and the idea of being a patsy is distasteful?

Maybe they gave him his meds now and has realized what he did and said- That laughter in court and all the blabbing? Was he forced to lie?

Couldnt they have framed a sane person? Why frame a mentally challenged one, heck, i'll be blunt; a retard.?

This is insanity, but from what i've seen these past few years i wouldnt doubt he was lying. This guy doesnt know which end is up.

If he's nuts, just imagine the sanity of those who gave him his marching orders

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Stunned that he was sentenced to life in prison rather than execution, Zacarias Moussaoui now believes he could get a fair trial from an American jury. Too late, the judge says.

U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema quickly rejected a motion the confessed al-Qaida conspirator filed Monday to withdraw his guilty plea and get a new trial.
link

Well, that was fast!
Did he really believe anything else?

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I agree with ya Intelearthling !!!

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
didnt believe he could get a fair trial huh? well....tsk..tsk...

I guess you shouldnt believe al-jazeera huh?

anyway, I dont know if this guys is disappointed he isnt a martyr or what, but I say let him rot....

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
i think he got a fair trial. even if he didn't he deserves to rot just for saying he was in on the plan. I think he knows perjury is a bit further down the hole and he wants to go all the way. He wants people to hate him. and he wants to die.

i say amputate his legs at the knees and take his fingers too.
put him in a room full of biblical relics like crosses and pictures of Mary and play Benny Hynn all day long.
See if he can kill himself.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
How do you say Operation Northwoods in Arabic?

Hmmmmmmm...

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I say give him a new trial. Perjury is considerd grounds for a new trial. Just one thing, all of his statements made at the old trial should be admissible. Maybe we can get it right and get the death penalty for him. By the time they finally execute him no one is going to remember who he is anyway.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
After all is said and done can anyone actually believe this sad sack of a human was actually capable of being involved in the 9/11 plot or that Al Qeada and Bin Laden would have been so stupid or niave to trust him in the first place? He doesn't belong in a super max, he belongs in a mental institution, the man is pathetic.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (Reuters)
Convicted September 11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui on Friday appealed the life sentence he received earlier this month and a federal judge's denial of his request for a new trial.

In a one-paragraph statement, Moussaoui's lawyers said he wanted the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to review the final judgment and sentence issued on May 4 and a court ruling denying his request to withdraw his guilty plea and set a new trial.

Earlier this week, U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema denied Moussaoui's request to withdraw the plea.

He has already experienced a miracle not beeing sentenced to death in the US. Will he experience another one?

Vaak

top topics

join