It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Politics: NDP Party ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
A simple question to NDP followers. Why do you support the party? What do they offer?

And another question.... what do you think of the NDP in Saskatchewan?

www.ndp.ca...
www.saskndp.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

In my opinion, horrible party. Why? Well for Saskatchewan........

In an economic boom we are losing jobs and citizens.
Education wait times (Siast programs upwards of 5 / 10 years !)
Education in general....... www.carillon.uregina.ca...
Health care ! Read this story

Worst party ever !

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I voted NDP. I don't think they're the worst party ever. You should try the BC liberals....Gordon Cambell
. Now there's a dumbass.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Sask is in an Economic boom? Since when? Alberta, and to a lesser extent Manitoba and the East Coast are experiencing a boom(due to Oil). From everything I've read about your province, you guys are technically a "have not" province.

If your province was undergoing an economic boom you would not be losing jobs period, regardless of what government was in office at the time.

Historically Agriculture Provinces and States are very poor.

As for the story on the tragic lukeimia case, I can hardly fault the government, it's quite obviously incompetance at the Health Care level and you can place blame on the previous and current federal governments for not providing enough money(in equalisation payments) to provide adequete care.

As for the worst party ever(provincally speaking of course) the worst is Mike "Cut and Slash" Harris' Tories and his so called "Common Sense" revolution which will now be exported to the federal level with the current Conservative government(the Finance minster in charge was one of the primary architects of that scheme of making the rich richer and the poor poorer), allthough frankely McGuinty, who plans on building a Gas Fired power plant literally down the street from my residence is starting to nip at the heels of "worst ever," in my books.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Saskatchewan is a "have" province....

Some oil facts:

2004 Statistics

-Saskatchewan Production Conventional Oil: 424,000 barrels per day
-Manitoba Production Conventional Oil: 11,000 barrels per day
-Alberta Production Conventional Oil: 600,000 barrels per day

www.capp.ca...

Should we be losing tons of workers to other provinces? No.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
When the NDP was knocked out in BC in 2000 i think, i lost $4/hr, if it wasn't for a major boom going on right now i would be pissed, but maybe it was the NDP that was holding us back i dont know. It is the property sector that is making it boom here but did it have to do with the Liberals being in during that time.

top topics

join