It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

drug tests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i'm not totaly sure that this belongs here, so forgive me please, but i have a concern. i start at a new job with the royal canadian mounted police. now im not actually a mountie, but i am a groundskeeper. they use the same standard tests for security clearences though. my question is that when i am asked if i have taken any drugs is it okay to answer "no comment ' or refuse to answer as i believe that it is my personal business and if it does not affect my work why should i have to answer such a question? i don't like lying so i dont want to lie and say i have never done drugs and i also dont want to lose my summer job because i need the money for school. anybody else believe that this would be an invasion of my privacy or rights?

[edit on 9-5-2006 by sanctum]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Do not know about Canada, but here, the US, you have to answer.
Remember, the people hiring you are living in the real world as well. When I hire someone I am always suspicious of ANgels that have done no wrong in their life. I much prefer someone that has lived a little.(not a lot but a little)

Our policy is yes, you have the right to not answer, but we also have the right to not hire.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Thats what you get for using drugs

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth
Thats what you get for using drugs

What's what you get for using drugs? Get off your #ing high horse (get it? hahaha) and try and help the guy out. I bet you love caffeine and alcohol...

Dude, just start rattling off any perscriptions you've taken and hopefully they won't use the word 'recreational' lol The only real problem is if you're currently using them and they piss test you... then you could buy a bottle of system flush (unless they test for that too haha).

From my experience, employers of labor jobs usually don't get a damn unless you're showing up to work inebreated...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I refuse to believe nobody told this person "drugs are bad" before he decided to try them out. Reap as you sow.
I work for the government. I approved them taking tests of my piss because 1: It's drug free and 2: By denying them doing this it only proves one thing and that is you got something to hide. Anyone can lie saying they havent done drugs, therefore it can't be a trust issue.
By working for the government the least thing you can do is obey it's laws.

And yes I drink alcohol, but not caffeine drinks for several reasons.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
the only thing i could do to help you is this

www.pass--drug--test.com...

they have worked me for on more then 1 occasion..

i hope i could be helpfull

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
My apologies for sounding political correct but this is wrong and I advise the moderators to remove the content of the last post. For some reason I can't seem to find the "report post" button though.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
hey, i knew what i was getting into and i have no regrets with the choices i have made. and for a follow up i answered truthfully because well if i lied and was caught...but anyways thanks for some of the responses guys!
p.s. i got the job anyways

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well that's good to hear, honesty is the way to go

top topics

join