It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help setting up a website on the UK UAV industry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
First of all really sorry to the mods/admin if this is the wrong place to put this but I figured this is where the most interested people would be. Hope you don’t mind.

Anyway, basically I’ve set up a website but the bloke who helped me get it online has gone AWOL so I’m going to have to start from scratch (though the content and graphics are ready to be uploaded). To top it off I don’t know anything about HTML and that kind of stuff but I need to get it up and running before Farnborough.

As I said in the thread title the site is an overview of the UK UAV industry, I’ve spent the last year or two researching and writing this and I’ve got access to quite a bit of great information and some exclusive pics.

What I need is someone who knows how to actually set up, maintain and update the site itself. Preferably they’d be able to update it daily if needed, but that’s not totally essential right now just as long as it’s not months between updates.

I can also offer a little bit of a perk for helping out; since I get quite a few press releases that aren’t otherwise immediately available to the public, FOI requests, etc I’ve decided to forward some/all of this to people providing a regular or significant contribution. So anyone helping will get access to up to date and in many cases exclusive information before it’s made available to the public. Obviously this can’t then be forwarded to anyone else.

You can take a look at the site as it is here unmanneduk.150m.com...

Like I said I need a webmaster the most but any other contributions are welcome.

If you're interested please post here and email me at [email protected]

Cheers

Mike

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Great site, good luck getting a webmaster. Hopefully someone will see the huge worth of your project and want in.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Cheers, I'm looking for a good HTML tutorial just in case though!

By the way, any general comments or suggestions for the site are very welcome.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
check your inbox/pm

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, other than your eternal thanks...if you are offering $$ then let me know.
My job is a webmaster/designer and I do work freelance on the side.

Having early press release info just isn't enough to gas up my car I'm afraid (have you seen the prices?)

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think the concept idea for this site is really good. Of course the real meat is in the data, but it is nice if you present the informatio well. So far it looks nice. I'm not a web page guru, but I'm willing to help out any good causes if you can't get someone else to pitch in. From the looks of things you won't have any problems finding help getting things up and running but just speak up in this forum if you can't find help. There are some really, really talented individuals hanging out around here.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses, Bodrul’s offered to set up the site, but anyone else who wants to help you’re definitely welcome whether it’s with the site itself, content or just if you think something could be worded better.

Thanks again

Mike

top topics

join