It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any big exercises coming up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
First off on 9/11 and 7/7 it's all just too much of a coincidence that drills were going on at the exact same moments as the incidents themselves.

Has anyone heard of any big drills coming up that might coincide with a "terrorist" attack? The military is gearing up for martial law thats for sure. I think they recently did a drill in Chicago and a drill in Scotland coincidided with a birdflu release if that also helps.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
3 large Navy exercises planned for this summer in the Pacific.

In June, an exercise in the Western Pacific involving the USS Kitty Hawk, the USS Lincoln, and the USS Ronald Reagan.

In July the Navy will host its bi-annual mutli-national exercises in Hawaii called "Pacific Rim", which will include 2 carrier groups this year, and ships from Australia, Chile, Japan, South Korea, Peru and perhaps other nations will take part.

In August, a 4 carrier exercise is planned to finish off the summer of exercises. It will include 3 Pacific based Carrier groups, and 1 carrier group from the Atlantic. It is worth noting that this will be the first time an Atlantic based carrier has operated in the Pacific Ocean since the Vietnam war.

Keep in mind, while all these carriers are off training, there will still be aircraft carriers in the Gulf and potentially other trouble spots as well. As apart of the Fleet Response Plan started a couple years ago, this summer marks the first time since Vietnam the US Navy will have 9 carriers operational and ready for action.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I heard Enterprise is heading to the Gulf now too. Just let Norfolk a few days ago.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crazy_Mr_Crowley
I heard Enterprise is heading to the Gulf now too. Just let Norfolk a few days ago.

Yep, but the Enterprise CSG has been a scheduled deployment for months.

The interesting part of that deployment, was the addition of the USS James E. Williams to that deployment. The USS James E. Williams is one of, if not the most powerful surface warships in the world with specializations in minewarfare, littoral AEGIS, ESSM anti-air missiles, CEC, and the new Tactical Tomahawk. It follows the deployment of the USS Hue City and USS Trenton from last week. All 3 ships were 'surged,' which means unscheduled deployment.

I covered more on what is deployed for summertime here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crazy_Mr_Crowley
First off on 9/11 and 7/7 it's all just too much of a coincidence that drills were going on at the exact same moments as the incidents themselves.

There's likely to be one or more company somewhere in the UK holding exercises like that which was planned on 7th July last year every single day this year - as has been the case for the past decade or more. It was a routine exercise introduced in the wake of the London bombings in the 90s

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
FEMA is doing a tsunami drill on may 23rd, interestingly enough the date that eric julien is predicting the comet will impact .

www.fema.gov...

www.savelivesinmay.com

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
F-22A Squadron to deploy for exercises in Alaska in June.

Source

Northern Edge 2006 will include 3 US Aircraft Carriers among other major military forces.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The Washington Post is saying that on June 19th, the biennial Forward Challenge '06 exercise is taking place. This is a simulation of a full evacuation of the entire U.S. executive branch of government. See here:

blog.washingtonpost.com...

A little Googling shows that, interestingly enough, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission has the exercise starting place two days later, and they indicate it's a two day exercise:

www.nrc.gov...

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
As far as military exercises go, is anyone in the U.S. military in this discussion? This will determine where I'm going to go with my statement.

new topics

top topics

join