It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mini giant awakens: 'Iran can also be wiped off the map' - Israel

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
In a Democratic nation the 'regime' is voted in by a majority of the people. Therefore there is no difference.

Can we get our translator to find the discrepancy with the word 'annihilated'. Since I'm sure there must have been media manipulation of that statement as well.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yes we here in America supposedly democratically voted our regime in as well. Of coruse the legitimises and justifies all the actions they have done I am sure, and therefore merit no criticism whatsoever.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Merit's no criticism whatsoever! Once again you show your card's. Is this all you have to say about Democracy? Take it to the ballot box my friend, majority will rule!

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar Is this all you have to say about Democracy? Take it to the ballot box my friend, majority will rule!

That is the problem with Democracy, it is majority rules. When you have a nation that has been dumbed down, you have to live with some bad decisions.

Lets say you and I are having lunch at a restaruant. I raise my hand and announce, I make a proposal to everyone here that HimWhoHathAnEar pays for everyones lunch, whoever agrees raise your hand. They of course will agree, is this a fair outcome?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It depend's on whether I have the fund's (and the Generosity)!

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai
Just a reminder to those who have not read all of the thread we are lucky to have our own translator here at ATS who has confirmed the mistranslation of the Iranian presidents speech.

He was speaking of the Israeli Regime, and he did not say he was going to wipe it off the map.

That was a purposeful propaganda translation spread far and wide in the Zionist controled media.

*yawn*
So, all those countries criticized him for nothing? All those countries also misinterpreted the speach?
lol
Over the past year only one person, someone on here, is the only one to point out this "mistraslantion"?

news.bbc.co.uk...

French President Jacques Chirac said Iran was at risk of becoming "an outlaw state".

"I was profoundly shocked by the statements of the Iranian president, which are totally senseless and irresponsible," he said.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, on a visit to Israel, called Mr Ahmadinejad's comments unacceptable.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The UN statement said: "The Security Council condemns the remarks about Israel attributed to Mr Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, president of the Islamic republic of Iran."

The BBC's Laura Trevelyan, at the UN in New York, says all 15 members of the Security Council agreed to the statement after discussions about the wording.

Tens of thousands of Iranians took part in the Jerusalem Day rally in Tehran which Iran organises every year to show solidarity with the Palestinian struggle.

Shouting "Death to Israel, death to the Zionists", the protesters dragged Israeli flags along the ground and set them on fire.

Joining the protest, Mr Ahmadinejad said: "My words were the Iranian nation's words.

Palestinian chief negotiator Saeb Erekat has distanced the Palestinian leadership from the Iranian position.

"What we need to be talking about is adding the state of Palestine to the map and not wiping Israel from the map," he told the BBC News website.

Egypt said Mr Ahmadinejad's outburst "showed the weakness of the Iranian government" while Turkey urged the president "to display political moderation".

Meanwhile, the Vatican expressed "great concern" about the "particularly grave and unacceptable comments denying the right to existence of Israel".

Aljazerra - Ahmadinejad: Wipe Israel Off Map

"The establishment of the Zionist regime was a move by the world oppressor against the Islamic world," the president told a conference in Tehran on Wednesday, entitled The World without Zionism.

"The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of a war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land," he said.

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad, referring to Iran's revolutionary leader Ayat Allah Khomeini.

www.breitbart.com...

The president of Iran again lashed out at Israel on Friday and said it was "heading toward annihilation," just days after Tehran raised fears about its nuclear activities by saying it successfully enriched uranium for the first time.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Israel a "permanent threat" to the Middle East that will "soon" be liberated. He also appeared to again question whether the Holocaust really happened.

news.independent.co.uk...

So even though Iran isn't even saying it's a misinterpretation, you're saying it is. Based on one person here on ATS claiming to be an translator?

I'm sure in other instances he talked about how the regime should be wiped out, but he did say that the nation should be destroyed.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

So even though Iran isn't even saying it's a misinterpretation, you're saying it is. Based on one person here on ATS claiming to be an translator?

I'm sure in other instances he talked about how the regime should be wiped out, but he did say that the nation should be destroyed.

They did say that it was a mistranslation, and that they were talking about the regime not the nation.

Sep posted several links on page four of this thread. Try to keep up. Here are a few for you to see.

ATSNN- Iran's Foreign Minister: Ahmadinejad Comments Misunderstood

Iran Denies Wanting to "Wipe Israel off the Map"

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
If I had a dime for every time an Israeli leader spouted something racist, belligerent or small minded, but it never hit the media (surprise surprise) I would be the richest man on ATS. This whole focus on Iran's leader remarks is nothing more than warmongering pure and simple. Persia has never declared war against anybody in 800 years with the exception of Saddam's US funded genocidal war against it. I'm still attempting to figure out why ANYBODY would want to invade Iran after Iraq, maybe it's because of the huge Zionist lobby in America ?
Truly, it's the only reason to venture into something that risky and absurd, because America has nothing to gain out of it.

[edit on 14-5-2006 by Nakash]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
thatsjustweir.. Great list of quotes, Its interesting to get a well rounded idea of peoples reactions to what was said and how it was said.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
If I had a dime for every time an Israeli leader spouted something racist, belligerent or small minded, but it never hit the media (surprise surprise) I would be the richest man on ATS. This whole focus on Iran's leader remarks is nothing more than warmongering pure and simple.

Oh ok, care to elaborate where you've heard all these remarks ?

Persia has never declared war against anybody in 800 years with the exception of Saddam's US funded genocidal war against it.

Erm, do you know anything about that war. It was the good old reasonable leader of Iran - the Ayatollah Khormeini - who sent thousands of unarmed kids against Iraqi positions, among other heinous acts. It has also been put forward that it was the Iranians who gassed Halabja in a friendly fire incident.

I'm still attempting to figure out why ANYBODY would want to invade Iran after Iraq, maybe it's because of the huge Zionist lobby in America ?
Truly, it's the only reason to venture into something that risky and absurd, because America has nothing to gain out of it.

ONly idiots speak of invading Iran, the US has never said they'll invade Iran - there is no point. They'll just bomb them flat if there is any problems and the Russians and CHinese will fall into line. Why ? because Iran is nothing to them, all tehy cae about is the oil flowing, nothing more. What is even more perplexing about teh Russian and CHinese friendship with Iran, is that they both actively suppress their muslim minorities. Kinda strange don't you think, then of course the US who doesn't suppress ISlam.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

They did say that it was a mistranslation, and that they were talking about the regime not the nation.

Sep posted several links on page four of this thread. Try to keep up. Here are a few for you to see.

ATSNN- Iran's Foreign Minister: Ahmadinejad Comments Misunderstood

Iran Denies Wanting to "Wipe Israel off the Map"

lol!

Muaddib said it best

I agree with the other members on this. This is just a "damage control" effort to try to buy some time.

The Iranian president has spoken in many ocassions including in front of every leader of the UN, and they all understood what he was saying.

This isn't new.
He said he was quoting Khomeini, so Khomeini has said it. He has said it. The former president has said it.
Nuke threats

One of Iran’s most influential ruling cleric called Friday on the Muslim states to use nuclear weapon against Israel, assuring them that while such an attack would annihilate Israel, it would cost them "damages only".

"If a day comes when the world of Islam is duly equipped with the arms Israel has in possession, the strategy of colonialism would face a stalemate because application of an atomic bomb would not leave any thing in Israel but the same thing would just produce damages in the Muslim world", Ayatollah Ali Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani told the crowd at the traditional Friday prayers in Tehran.

In a lengthy speech to mark the so-called "International Qods (Jerusalem) Day" celebrated in Iran only, Mr. Hashemi-Rafsanjani, who, as the Chairman of the Assembly to Discern the Interests of the State, is the Islamic Republic’s number two man after Ayatollah Ali Khameneh’i, said since Israel was an emanation of Western colonialism therefore "in future it will be the interests of colonialism that will determine existence or non-existence of Israel".

This **** isn't new...

Even if they were talking about the regime only. How do you supposed they would go about wiping out the Isreali regime?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Originally posted by Nakash
If I had a dime for every time an Israeli leader spouted something racist, belligerent or small minded, but it never hit the media (surprise surprise) I would be the richest man on ATS. This whole focus on Iran's leader remarks is nothing more than warmongering pure and simple.

Oh ok, care to elaborate where you've heard all these remarks ?

Here you can find enough to keep you busy all night.

Every single one is referenced.

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

You don't know about it because you have never been exposed to anything other than Zionist propaganda. Until you came here that is....

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kokoro
Fine let me rephrase then. Iran is a terrorist nation because the people in charge. namely its president suppores, rewards, and funds terrorist acts. sonce the leader of a nation is its spokes person it can be said that Iran is indeed a terrorist nation until such time as new leadership is in place. Until that time Iran cannot be allowed to have nukes because he has come right out and said that his main goal is to destroy Israel from the face of the earth. I for one do not think he is making idle threats.

Now for the rest of the post you managed to insult everyone who isnt an "upstanding white christian" and then you have the gall to say that your remarks are not racist. When ever you start your sentence wtih the words "most arabs are .... (fill in the blank) and then proceded to pigionhole the entire race as stupid, uneducated, hateful criminals that is the definition of racism my friend.

You fail to grasp the point. No matter who is in charge, the NATION is not TERRORIST. This goes for ALL nations, with no exceptions.

Does he really support terrorists? I challenge you to find ONE single proof of this. And if you mean his support for Hamas, they are now an elected government party, and this goes toward my first point about there being no terrorist NATIONS again.

If you look closer, I did not insult the jews either, not just christians. And a lot more peoples were also not insulted.

Yes, my statements are not racist, because I was only talking about those arabs who have escaped their countries because they have some criminal tendencies, which they lie about and call political reasons, when they come here.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Malachai said, You don't know about it because you have never been exposed to anything other than Zionist propaganda. Until you came here that is....

I think the entire world is well aware of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Yet, when it comes to outright concession's for peace, Israel has bent over backward's. This is a straw man constantly thrown up by every other Arab country to rationalize their hatred for the Jewish state.

Just look at the attempt to throw this discussion off the Iran issue. Perfect example!

[edit on 15-5-2006 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar

Yet, when it comes to outright concession's for peace, Israel has bent over backward's. This is a straw man constantly thrown up by every other Arab country to rationalize their hatred for the Jewish state.

Israel has not ever offered peace. You are mistaken.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What do you call Barak and Clinton offering Arafat 99% of what he 'supposedly' wanted?

Anyway's, off topic, sorry!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for an adequate response to those Zionist quotes. You can make up stuff on Iran all night, but you can't refute pages and pages of hate speech fully referenced which shows the state of mind of most Israelis (one which is unsavoury to say the least).

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
just bomb them flat if there is any problems and the Russians and CHinese will fall into line. Why ? because Iran is nothing to them, all tehy cae about is the oil flowing, nothing more. What is even more perplexing about teh Russian and CHinese friendship with Iran, is that they both actively suppress their muslim minorities. Kinda strange don't you think, then of course the US who doesn't suppress ISlam.

You seem so spiritual, so at peace....

Spread love by bombing Iranian children, women, men and soldiers.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well Himwhohathanear, you probably did not happen to chance upon page five, where I and Malachi both posted about the supposed gracious land offer that Israel made to Palestine, Which would actually have given even more control of the West Bank to Israel, and in exchange Palestine would get less land.

External Source

The Palestinian negotiators indicated they wanted full Palestinian sovereignty over all the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, although they would consider a one-to-one land swap with Israel. As a starting point, Resolution 242 calls for Israeli withdrawal from territories occupied in the Six-Day War and at the 1993 Oslo Accords the Palestinian negotiators accepted the Green Line borders for the West Bank.

The proposal offered by Barak and Clinton at Camp David would have meant the Israeli annexation of 9-10% more of the West Bank. Another 9-10% of the West Bank would be placed under indefinite "Temporary Israeli Control", including a narrow strip comprising 15 % of the length of the border along the Jordan River. The West Bank would be separated by a road from Jerusalem to the Dead Sea, with free passage for Palestinians although Israel reserved the right to close the road for passage in case of emergency. The Palestinian position was that the annexations would block existing road networks between major Palestinian populations. In return, the Israelis would cede 1-3 % of their territory in the Negev Desert to Palestine. Arafat rejected this proposal and did not make a counteroffer.

Clayton Swisher, who was present at the summit, rebuts the conventional wisdom about it in The Truth About Camp David (www.mepc.org...). Swisher, a young scholar based in Washington, approaches Camp David objectively and concludes that the Israelis and the Americans were at least as guilty as the Palestinians for the collapse.

Source

If the annexation of up to 20% of the West Bank in return for 1-3% of harsh, dry, and barely hospitable desert seems like a fair and generous gift, then I guess they must be crazy for turning it down.

External Source

Soon after the collapse of the 2000 summit, Ariel Sharon and a delegation of Likud politicians took a tour of the Temple Mount to demonstrate Israel's control. The next day, a demonstration by a Palestinian crowd broke out of control and Israeli police opened fire on the protesters.

Instead of using gas, horses, or non-fatal crowd control methods, these merciless police forces began firing and killing people protesting. I personally do not believe this was the measure that should have been taken.

Either way, I believe Israel has decided to simply try to provoke Iran in an attempt to gather American action to any further Iranian responses as a result of it.

Page five of current thread

I honestly cannot see how this offer got twisted into "Sharon offerring 99% of what he wanted" over time. Simpy put Arafat was not offered 99% of what he wanted.

Oh well. Israel can nuke Iran, Iran can nuke Israel, America can nuke anyone in the world, anyone else can nuke anyone else they want too. Sure it is possible, but that does not mean it will happen. I can buy a shotgun at Wal-Mart and then load up in the parking lot and go on a killing spree, and so can anyone else here. That does not mean we are going to do it.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Israel has not ever offered peace. You are mistaken.

No, actually it is you that is mistaken, Malichai.
Israel offers peace talks to Syria

:shk:

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join