It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mini giant awakens: 'Iran can also be wiped off the map' - Israel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
Seekerof, your bias is showing. No, it's not showing, it's glaring. You've been shown the accurate translation of Ahmadinejad's words from Farsi to English and yet insist on accepting a version of his words that is not an accurate translation.

Nice try, but have you done what I have asked Sep and Malichai; have you sent an email with the excusing "accurate translation" articles to each and every world leader that took what President Ahmanutjob said at face value and condemned it, so that they can send their apologies in misinterpreting what he literally said?

See if they are glaringly biased in their return responses, k?

seekerof

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Well, if you're not willing to research what Semite actually means, there's nothing I can do.

I know enough in historical research to know that like you, Hitler and the Grand Mufti were cynical anti-Semite(s). All the research I need to know....

seekerof

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Well, if you're not willing to research what Semite actually means, there's nothing I can do.

I know enough in historical research to know that like you, Hitler and the Grand Mufti were cynical anti-Semite(s). All the research I need to know....

seekerof

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Seekerof]

well that post ought to put an end to the meaningless hairsplitting concerning the modern definition of semite- althought it probably won't.

in any case, when it comes to ass-whuppin', map-wiping violence-- i'll bet on the jews. iran doesn't stand a chance in this battle. shimon peres is correct. israel will stand against the jew baters and will expire in the same smoking pit. you think the christians and the muslims have a decadent eschatology? ain't nuthin' compared to the jews. let's all sing together now: MAKE MY DAY.

is there a way out? of course. mohammed khotami was an olive branch held out by the mullahs to america and to the jews. he was rejected by both on the basis of willfull intransagence. an imaginative opening to his party is still possible. the persians have never been jew haters. but as long as american policy is in the hands of morons like bush and rice there is no hope. but even in america, regime change is still possible.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by lkwalk]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Nice try, but have you done what I have asked Sep and Malichai; have you sent an email with the excusing "accurate translation" articles to each and every world leader that took what President Ahmanutjob said at face value and condemned it, so that they can send their apologies in misinterpreting what he literally said?

I have a better Idea. Why don't you learn to speak Farsi and translate it yourself? It seems Farsi speak members here have already done it, but you reject it because accepting it comes with accepting that the media could fool you.

That would be much easier. I'm not much of an E-mailer myself, and I know they are not read by the leaders, but by the cronies who seek to fool the leaders..

In the mean time I'll trust that the Zionist media is filled with glaring inaccuracies, especially when it concerns Israel.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iraqi_king
secondly if Isreal has nukes why shouldnt iran have them?
Isreals not exactly premoting peace by constantly attacking da palestinians. Its sort of makes u wonder what theyll do if they controlled Iran

Is this a serious question? Iran is a terroist nation thats why. Israel fears for its safety and rightly so.
Oh yeah its just all those poor palestinians that are constantly getting attacked by the Israeis.
Puuuleeeze!!

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I guess it is anti-Jewish to point out that the Zionists allowed the Nazis to kill Jews. It's anti-Jewish to point out that the Zionist group in charge of rescuing Jews from Europe and bringing them to Israel wouldn't do it if they had to pay for it. It's anti-Jewish to point out that the Labor Zionists funded Hitler.

No, it's anti-jewish to go off into a "poor jooos, boo-hoo for the joooos" tirade. Just as you would certainly say somebody who said "oh the poor ay-rabs, cry me a river cuz the ay-rabs don't think they're being treated fairly" was anti-arab. Perhaps that's where one might think you were less than sympathetic for the jews. Maybe a poor zionist tirade would have been more appropriate? Secondly, to me it seems everybody has been accused of helping Hitler at some point, no? From the Bush family, to the arabs, to the zionists. Maybe even Big Bird. I think he has been made immortal in that everytime any military action is discussed, Hitler is immediatley brought into the conversation....where are all the Genghis Khan or Napoleon comparisons? I'm getting tired of Hitler.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

...Oh yeah its just all those poor palestinians that are constantly getting attacked by the Israeis...

no no...lotsa palestinians and jews have died in this conflict...all is fair...

heres an idea...if we assume theyre sworn enemies and want to destroy each other but if neither wants to launch first strike for whatever reason...

why dont they just call each other and set a date and time...no one is responsible for first strike then

tired of all this i can wipe you off the map crap...just do it...been a while since the last 24hr news coverage...

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
I think this makes it clear that he is referring to the government of Israel and not the entire nation.

I think this the main question of this thread is closed. The widespread interpretation that the Iranian leader said 'wipe off the map' is at the very least debateable. Perhaps that was the implication, but it was that and only that (if that at all): an implication.

ATS has done it's job: explored the truth. However, many people refuse to accept that point because it is counter to their political leaning.

What is now interesting is why so many news sites (incl. Aljazeera) have gone with the 'wipe' translation.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This is an issue that has seriously torn at my psych. On one hand I don’t want any more nuclear proliferation, but on the other hand I see the history of what nukes have done.

India and Pakistan fought three wars in the last century over Kashmir. Once they both had nukes and realized the implications of using them, they started to talk and took war as an option off the table.

Nations that have nuclear weapons do not fight other nations that also have nuclear weapons. It seems to educate them on just what the consequences would be if they tried it.

I know in my heart that this is an absurd thought, but joining the nuclear club just might be what it takes to bring Iran to its senses.

Of course, It could also lead to the destruction of the entire middle east.

As I started this post, the issue tears at me.

I pray for more clarity on it.

wupy

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I'm not generally a huge fan of the Israeli government, but I can't really object to what Peres said. It's a simple statement of fact - Israel is almost certainly capable of reducing large chunks of Iran's landscape to irradiated rubble, and at a time when Iran's president is talking about "wiping Israel off the map" it's simple good sense to point that out.

Exactly. While this thread sadly brings out the latent anti-semitism in so many folks, there are kernels of fact strewn in here and you've made the most important one. That wasn't a even threat from Isreal, that was basic common sense.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

No, it's anti-jewish to go off into a "poor jooos, boo-hoo for the joooos" tirade. Just as you would certainly say somebody who said "oh the poor ay-rabs, cry me a river cuz the ay-rabs don't think they're being treated fairly" was anti-arab. Perhaps that's where one might think you were less than sympathetic for the jews. Maybe a poor zionist tirade would have been more appropriate? Secondly, to me it seems everybody has been accused of helping Hitler at some point, no? From the Bush family, to the arabs, to the zionists. Maybe even Big Bird. I think he has been made immortal in that everytime any military action is discussed, Hitler is immediatley brought into the conversation....where are all the Genghis Khan or Napoleon comparisons? I'm getting tired of Hitler.

How the hell is that anti-Jewish? I was lampooning everyone who says Israel is always the victim in the whole ME debacle.

And frankly, people say Prescott Bush, the Rothschilds, and the Labor Zionists funded Hitler because it's TRUE.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So Iran was finally keeping its mouth shut about Israel for a couple of weeks, attempted to seek direct diplomatic negotiations with Washington in a show of good will, and then out of nowhere Israel decideds to instigate and enrage by stooping to tyhe level of come-backs?

It sounds rather immature of Israel IMO. Noone seriously believes Iran will destroy Israel unless it is attacked first. So why this back-talk? Its all good. Hopefully Iran will not take the bait and just brush it off as instigation.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think that truthseeka needs to use more smiley faces to show how funny the other posters ideas must be. It helps to justify why he should hate Jews so much. It's as if he thinks anyone else is laughing with him on this topic. It's only you in your tirade who is laughing.

We know what a Semite is and we know what a Jew is. It is foolish for anyone to blame this on the Jews since they brought nukes into the region. If they did not have nukes they would be involved in a never ending conflict. Hell, they actually are involved in a never ending conflict, it's just not full scale war. They had nukes when other countries were still intent on destroying their nation. These nukes have truly saved the nation of Israel, a nation that deserves to exist according to the law. The nation of Israel is legitimate and others will not accept this.

I wish that it would help if each country had nukes, but the fact of the matter is that many other countries in the region have openly expressed how they want Israel to be removed as a nation. Why do you think these countries wont recognize Israel as a nation in the first place? They would destroy Israel if they thought they could out gun them. They may try to do so even if they truly can't. Just because nukes have worked in some regions does not mean they will work in all of them. Many signs show that Iran "may" try and use them for offensive means.

Iran can see that the USA is trying to change the face of that entire region out of necessity. The nations who are in the Middle East have not been able to prevent hate from reaching its boiling point. It is no longer just hurting the Middle East, but it is spilling over into every region of the globe. The US has to do what Iran and others have not been able to do. Iran is going to face many unwanted changes and I believe that they want nukes now so that they can hold onto their way of life. They are trying to take the initiative so that others will not have it. That is a major rule of warfare and they are already far behind in it. Iraq was a stepping stone. We have our foothold and Iran knows it. Things are going to change for the better but it will take a very long time.

eidt-got name wrong on smiley faces.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Mandalorianwarrior]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by El Tiante

Originally posted by Britguy
But they'd still expect dumb Americans to do it for them

If we're so dumb, how come we run the joint and not you super-smart types?

Amen men to that. Seriously. Youre gonna make a blanket statemet like 'Dumb Americans?' Nice dude.. Shows your maturity

Oh and Truthseeka, heres a thought.. MOVE TO IRAN AND HELP SUPPORT YOUR LEADER

[edit on 10-5-2006 by nephyx]

Sep

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Yeah, of course, SEP, hard for me to imagine that you would say anything different.

I have to say, you don't have a good imagination.

Btw, I will ask you the same thing that I asked Malichai: When are you and/or him going to get around to emailing that/those excusing articles to all the world leaders that took what the Iranian president said at face value and condemned it, so that they can send their apologies in misinterpreting what he literally said?

I don't think its my place. I am not a member of the Iranian government. The Iranian embassies have already mentioned it, the Iranian foreign minister has also mentioned it, but not many people are listening. But no one ever listened to Iran in the first place anyway, so its not a real surprise.

Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki told journalists that Ahmadinejad’s comments had been misinterpreted.

"the Iranian stand on Palestine was clearly elaborated at the recent UN General Assembly by Iranian President Ahmadinejad, who emphasised that lasting peace and justice could be established in Palestine through putting an end to the occupation of Palestinian territories, allowing all refugees to return to their homeland, holding a referendum, and establishing a democratic Palestine with Beit-ul-Moqaddas as its capital" Iran's embassy

"Nobody can remove a country from the map. This is a misunderstanding in Europe of what our president mentioned"

Foerign minister deny's it

Iran's Foreign Minister: Ahmadinejad Comments Misunderstood

Iran Denies Wanting to "Wipe Israel off the Map"

Here's a thought, instead of you all making excuses for him by attempting to believe that he meant one thing when he meant another, how about simply get President Ahmanutjob to make it clear what he meant, publically? Certainly, that would clear up the mass confusion in what he was implying, eh?

Well, in Persian his words aren't really confusing. If anyone listens to his entire speech, its fairly obvious that he isn't talking about the country, but the government. The foreign minister has attempted to clarify it for the foreign countries, Iran's embassies have attempted to clarify it, but a message of peace doesn't exactly go with the current image being made of Iran in people's minds. I mean, in a recent letter to president Bush, Ahmadinejad spoke of cooperation between civilization and peace, but that didn't get widely published. I am not really surprised.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Originally posted by Britguy
But they'd still expect dumb Americans to do it for them

"Who's the more foolish: The fool, or the fool who follows him?" Obi Wan Kenobi

The British, good ole' side kicks they are...

Your a nasty, ignorant peice of work mate. You're the biggest fool of them all.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
But really, what is being noted here?

1: We have quite a few individuals that seemingly have difficults with our Jewish Brother.

Lets not forget the lessons to be learnt and remembered from the Letters to the Seven Churches as noted in the First Portion of Revelations. Only two of these Churches passed God's approval. Why is this? They taught who the Cainite was. The Decendants of Cain.

As an example the Church of Smyrna was a good Church. Rev 2:9

`I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

So, rather than berate our Jewish Brother, why not take the time needed to indentify who is the problem.

2: As for a tit fo tat, response, I truthfully expect if Iran continues it's terror threats, they will reap what they sow. If the day arises, and Israel is 'Unleashed' upon the Iranians, Iran will have a scenario of Biblical Proportions on their hands.

Zechariah 12; 2-6

12:2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.
12:3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

And it goes on to note.

12:6 In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.

Sort of sums up the last 60 years quite well.

But of course, today is not such a time for either. Tomorrow, well maybe

3: The Leftist Liberals with the Short Memories, mainly in the MSM (Main Stream Media), but in here as well, are surprising at ease with the idea of some Nut Job Terrorist having access to Nuclear Materials. I do not personally care for the idea, nor do I forget this Iranian President was the leader of the US Embassay fiasco which effectively removed the Left from Power in the US when Reagan was elected.

But I guess we do have previous examples of how far the Left is willing to bendover and take crap from Terrorists. Yasser, that Wonderful and Elected leader of the P.A. was a fine example of this.

But the Good News we all should remember is, we have the Holy Roman Chruch in the Vatican, the Globe Elite of the United Nations, and the Secret Agendas of Member Only Societies all working on solving this problem, to make the worst case scenario possible.

Ciao

Shane

P.S. And this nutter in Iran had been proclaiming the destruction of Israel for most of his life. Nothing changed there. Same Terrorist agenda. Different Speaking Podium.

[edit on 10-5-2006 by Shane]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
When an Iranian president says it, it's barbaric, but when an Israeli official says it, it is the "mini giant awakening"?

First off, what the heck is a mini-giant?

Secondly, they have done a stupid thing. Now not only the Iranian prez looks like a silly little angry boy, so does Peres.

Israel is far more of a threat to the world than Iran could ever be. More nukes, just as many fundamentalist wackos, and the richest pimp in the world.

From the article:

Peres did not say who should act against Iran if it continues with its nuclear program, but implied military action should be led by the United States

NO WAY! WOW! Out of the blue! Prepare your military sons and daughters, Americans! Their blood spilt will make Israel feel safer!

Yeah, yeah, whatever, if I disagree with Israeli policies I am automatically anti-Semitic... Save it. Blabbity blah. Everytime I fall asleep with my Jewish girlfriend I laugh about it.

-jako

The gentle gentile.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

How the hell is that anti-Jewish? I was lampooning everyone who says Israel is always the victim in the whole ME debacle.

I guess it was the whole "joos" thing, it came across as a bit derogatory IMO. Only you have the advantage of knowing your true intentions online, as it's difficult sometimes to gauge a person's tone. If your not "anti-jew" cool, if you are that's cool too. Everybody is entitled to their beliefs. As far as Israel always being the victim, of course they're not. It takes two I guess, but it does seem there is not alot of balance anywhere on the issue, and that just about everybody has taken a side. So while you lampoon everyone who says Israel is always the victim, somebody else could just as easily lampoon those who say the Palestinians are alwyas the victims. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle, and the whole thing sucks.

And frankly, people say Prescott Bush, the Rothschilds, and the Labor Zionists funded Hitler because it's TRUE.

Fine, I'm just saying he's dead. Let him be dead. Most of the those who were alive to help and fund Hitler are dead. I don't think Hitler deserves the immortality he has been given by bringing him into every discussion....

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
When an Iranian president says it, it's barbaric, but when an Israeli official says it, it is the "mini giant awakening"?

Very good point! I seriously don't see any other reason for this other than provocation.

First off, what the heck is a mini-giant?

It's very similar to a maxi-midget.

NO WAY! WOW! Out of the blue! Prepare your military sons and daughters, Americans! Their blood spilt will make Israel feel safer!

I agree 100%. The US should really seriously reconsider its stance towards the defense of Israel and moreso regardging Israeli provocations.

Yeah, yeah, whatever, if I disagree with Israeli policies I am automatically anti-Semitic... Save it. Blabbity blah. Everytime I fall asleep with my Jewish girlfriend I laugh about it.

You fall asleep with her

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join