It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mini giant awakens: 'Iran can also be wiped off the map' - Israel

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I very much doubt that the yehudis have the ability ot 'wipe iran off the map', sure they have nukes and can use those, but outside of that, they dont' have the ability.

Also, the US simply isn't going to permit the yehudis to participate on their side in any war in the middle east, short of an all out Islam versus Jesusland war, because that's what such an alliance would precipiate.

Also, the yehudis can't even control the palestinians, how could the occupy iran???

No need to occupy. Just level.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tha Troubleshoota
No need to occupy. Just level.

Yea......

Also, the yehudis can't even control the palestinians, how could the occupy iran???

Palestine is a bit close for exporting nukes too
Bet they would be easy to control then

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Radiating the nation of Iran will make it quite difficult to exploit the abundance of natural resources in a cost-effective manner. Noone is going to nuke Iran, because it will no longer be profitable to mine, drill, extract anything there. then of course the real-estate would be useless. This is the whole reason for any wars, to acquire natural resources and gain control of taxable land. Nuking the place would pretty much defeat the purpose of both.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I honestly cannot see how this offer got twisted into "Sharon offerring 99% of what he wanted" over time. Simpy put Arafat was not offered 99% of what he wanted.

Everyone of Israel's recent leader's have been trying to give away the farm. It's just not enough, the Palestinian's have made it quite clear (when speaking in Arabic) that nothing less than driving the Jew's out is acceptable!

[edit on 16-5-2006 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Either way, Israel did not offer anyone 99% of what they wanted in 2000, so that arguement is irrelevant. Do not worry though, Israel is not goign to be giving up any land any time soon, and noone will be wiping Israel off the map, or invading them. But the tension sure will drive the value of my investments up, so I say they can continue to threaten all they want. Thats more money in my pockets.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Now that I think about it, Israel couldn't give them 99% of what they wanted. After all, what is 1% of Israel? Some little speck of land out by the sea.

Hope you're invested in metal's. Probably be the only thing worth anything. Course ya can't eat it!

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Wrong! I can spice my food up with some nice gold dust and make it all sparkly

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I very much doubt that the yehudis have the ability ot 'wipe iran off the map', sure they have nukes and can use those, but outside of that, they dont' have the ability.

Also, the US simply isn't going to permit the yehudis to participate on their side in any war in the middle east, short of an all out Islam versus Jesusland war, because that's what such an alliance would precipiate.

This is an incredibly stupid and highly ignorant post. The Israli's have the best Air Force and military in the world. The Only reason they are having problems with the Palestians is because of bloody liberalism, political correctness and the USA. We have been telling them what to do and they should tell us to back off. I tell you truthfully if Israel finally decides to go it alone and tells everybody to shove it- they could whip every country in the Middle East without any help from the USA or any country. Have you read about the 6 day war? I have heard first-hand reports of what went down and have inside information that I won't disclose, because I'd be riduculed on this site. But I know the Isralies have nothing to fear

It's totallyabsurd to believe that Israel cannot defend itself or put a stop to the crazy Palestians. They could stop it all if they'd just do it.

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tag.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: WOT Posting Conduct – Please Review Link.

[edit on 17/5/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Considering Israel doesn't make any military hardware themselves, and just uses American hardware and ordnance, it would be seen as a US-Israeli attack.

And that would be right.

So the options are limited.

Choose your friends wisely, I guess.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Since I see many Iran apologists, here is a fun idea.

Why don't you wear a cap with an American flag, a pair of blue jeans, and perhaps some Nike sneakers? Then walk down a few blocks in each country.

In Israel, they will ask you about the States, football, President Bush, the economy, etc. Most speak English and they generally love the United States. A large % of Israelis have relatives in the U.S.

In Iran, I would bet you would not make it down the 1st street. Perhaps kidnapped. Perhaps tortured. Perhaps worse. You have seen the crazy rallies filled with blood and venom.

To put it simply, when politics and anti-semitism and anti-Islam feelings are put aside, Israel is very much like the United States. Shared beliefs. Shared culture. Shared values. Shared economic systems. Family ties. Etc.

Iran could not be more opposite on all accounts. And their leaders fan the flames of hatred daily. Anti-Americanism and anti-semitism are part of their culture. Read the translations of the speeches in the mosques.

In the olden days, many Arab governments and Iran as well stated that they did not hate Jews; they really just had issues with Israel. Well, my friends, that facade is long gone. Today they do not even fake it. Hatred, pure and simple.

Listen, I strongly support Israel and respect a country that puts up with a lot of crap America would not deal with for one day. Israel is not perfect, and neither is the U.S.

But to justify the hatred and ignorance on the part of the Iranian leadership is insulting and irresponsible, IMHO.

Persians, like the Lebanese and Syrians, are not bad people. Not too long ago the people of these areas were cosmopolitan and friendly with America and Europe. But we must deal with governments. Such is the nature of the modern nation state.

In the final analysis, the government of Israel is ultra supportive of the United States, our government, our people, our religions, and our way of life.

When the you know what hits the fan, Israel and America will fight side by side, as brothers.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by rjleit]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Please Do Not Alter Or Remove Mod Edits

[edit on 17/5/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Christmas in Iran:

www.freerepublic.com...

So your wrong again. That's not the point though, Israel also has religious persecution in case you don't know.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjleit
Since I see many Iran apologists, here is a fun idea.

Why don't you wear a cap with an American flag, a pair of blue jeans, and perhaps some Nike sneakers? Then walk down a few blocks in each country.

In Israel, they will ask you about the States, football, President Bush, the economy, etc. Most speak English and they generally love the United States. A large % of Israelis have relatives in the U.S.

I will give one answer to this that will apply to all of your comments, mostly because you are assuming and not producing a 100% fact here.

Where are you getting this information from? There are people in Iran as well as other countries in the region that love the USA, and there were a lot more until all of this Iraq/Iran BS .The same way Israeli's (who would have no right to be upset with America anyway since we do so much for them) will run up to Americans, the people in the ME or Asian regions will also run up to Americans and try to speak a little english to impress or show you a piece of clothes that are american or just speak to you because you are American. Otherwise people used to love us all over the world before all of this crap happened. Maybe when Israel and Palestine can come to some kind of understanding and we are no longer looked upon as being partial in the situation, then there will be less of a reason for anyone to hate us.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Ha Ha Ha,

These are the same apologist's that will tell you that Ahmidinejad was mistranslated when he said, 'wipe Israel off the map'. According to them he actually mean's 'just the Regime'.

OK, now it's just the Regime in Iran, not the people, but that's the very reason you can't do anything about it. Funny how that logic work's!

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
www.canada.com...

First paragraph:

"Human rights groups are raising alarms over a new law passed by the Iranian parliament that would require the country's Jews and Christians to wear coloured badges to identify them and other religious minorities as non-Muslims."

I am sure the apologists will excuse and validate these actions as well.

How much more evil do we need? Iranians are not all bad people, but their government? And doesn't their government call all the shots that affect the world?

Hey, President Bush may have botched the post-war plan big-time, but at least he had the guts to eliminate a terrible, repressive regime.

Unfortunately, with the current domestic and international climate, I am not so sure the U.S. will "do the right thing" because doing it alone is not so easy. But the world would sit back and criticize, all the while thinking "Thank God the U.S. took out those crazies."

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

www.canada.com...

First paragraph:

"Human rights groups are raising alarms over a new law passed by the Iranian parliament that would require the country's Jews and Christians to wear coloured badges to identify them and other religious minorities as non-Muslims."

I hope mods don't mind i put my post from another thread here:

BULLS&%$

worth checking this out: the israeili guy denying the report

The National Post is sending shockwaves across the country this morning with a report that Iran's Parliament has passed a law requiring mandatory Holocaust style badges to identify Jews and Christians.
But independent reporter Meir Javdanfar, an Israeli Middle East expert who was born and raised in Tehran, says the report is false.
"It's absolutely factually incorrect," he told The New 940 Montreal.
"Nowhere in the law is there any talk of Jews and Christians having to wear different colours. I've checked it with sources both inside Iran and outside."
"The Iranian people would never stand for it. The Iranian government wouldn't be stupid enough to do it."

www.940news.com...

first of all, according to what i have heard, this new law passed by the iranian parliament is to introduce new models of traditional clothing to the market.

Secondly, this bill was put forward by the previous government, that of former reformist pres. khatami.

btw, Amir Taheri is like the chalabi of iran.

KEEP IT REAL

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
when the statement was made;
"Iran can also be wiped off the map"

i surmised this as just rhetoric & diplomatic one-ups-manship

until just today, friday the 19th, when i happened across an 'announcement' which disclosed that
"Israel Conducted Nuclear Experiment In 1979"

link/source: www.turkishweekly.net...

in this brief 2 paragraphs, you'll be informed that Israel did a nuke explosion on a SouthAfrican ocean platform.

& that the Carter Administration knew that it was a nuke but disinformed the world.......
(that the blast was a meteorite flash, as best i can remember)

Which brings us to the WHY & WHATFOR is this mishmash of formerly classified info is being laid at our feet, at this moment of geopolitical intrigue.

Is this a way of the USA showing support/ backing up the ally Israel
on their statement about Iran getting wiped off the map, too?
by acknowledging that Israels' nuclear forces are a known commodity
and restrained by the pressures of USA diplomacy & economic assistance??

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
St Udio said,
Is this a way of the USA showing support/ backing up the ally Israel
on their statement about Iran getting wiped off the map, too?
by acknowledging that Israels' nuclear forces are a known commodity
and restrained by the pressures of USA diplomacy & economic assistance??

Here's something I saw that tie's in with your question!

When Israel launched an air strike against Iraq's French-built nuclear reactor (nick-named "O'Chirac" after then French Prime Minister Jacques Chirac, who signed the deal with Saddam in 1975), Reagan administration officials professed "shock," even though they had been warned repeatedly, he said.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by skippytjc
Israel is starting to speak up, and frankly I like it.

Hopefully I'm misunderstanding you here. I don't like talk, or counter-talk of any country being wiped off the map. Seems hypocritical to wag the finger at Iran for saying it, and then tip the hat to Israel saying it back. There are millions of people in both countries, not all of them on either side are fanatics. You're an intelligent person, and I'm sure I don't need to tell you that the majority are folks like you and me, just trying to scrape through life with children, pets, etc. They are just caught in the middle of some pretty lame circumstances and I don't think they deserve to be annihilated because of their corrupt governments...

The difference here is the statement made by Ahmadinejad was an unprovoked threat while the statement made by Perez was a warning made in response to that threat.

Certainly the idea of any country being "wiped off the map" is a terrible thing, but warning someone who threatens you of the consequences of those proposed actions is not at all the same as making the threat to begin with.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Considering Israel doesn't make any military hardware themselves, and just uses American hardware and ordnance, it would be seen as a US-Israeli attack.

Untrue. Israel has a large arms industry.

Originally posted by Jakomo
And that would be right.

A bizarre perception.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

www.canada.com...

First paragraph:

I believe this has proven to be a hoax.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join