It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Black Cat Sighting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

The problem with that theory is there has never been a documented case of a black mountain lion. That's part of the reason people want to trap it.

But I agree, they need to leave it alone.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Why are they going to trap it? Why can't you people just let it live in its natural environment? Has it hurt anybody? Has it threatened anybody? Is it eating your cows?

Duh! because it is rare and beautiful. We need to do something about that whenever and wherever we find it. Besides, can we make money off of it too?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
In 1991 while with a group of friends from Washington State University, we headed into N. Idaho to Priest Lake to camp in Late April. Arriving at a campground in the northern part of the lake, we all saw what appearred to be a black pather/puma cross right in front of the van we were riding in, as we drove through the deserted campground to locate a spot to camp. There is no way it was a dog or a large house cat, as there are residental homes along the lake. It was not a bear. It walked from the left to right as it past infront of us with the headlights shining perpendicular upon it to us. Its tail was long, it walked with a slinking motion aprroximately twenty feet infront of us. Its head had the look of a mountain lion, except it was black with no patterns I saw. We slept in the van that night, and we never saw it again. I've done search through the years but no other sightings seem to have been pinpointed in that area. I came to the conclusion that maybe it was privately owned and had escaped. Because I know what I saw and it was a black large cat, that looks like the images of black pathers that appear when you Google Black Panther> en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Sure... leave an exotic predator run wild in an area populated by families with children. Great idea. Shall we invite a Taliban training camp to take up residency as well?? Get a clue.

The animal in question (if it Truly exists) is most likely an escaped or released pet. If it is breeding then there is TRULY a problem as the species will most likely prey on anything it can to survive.

Either way, the answer is simple. Remove the cat(s).

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I currently live in north arkansas, there are many large cats here, i seen 2 cuagursthis october eating on a small calf from a farm, they are bigger the calfs lol,and very pretty animals.In south arkansa i built a few game and fish docks on the bayou and seen 1 black panther,i think was another there,but i was fishing and they where across the channel from me.There are many reports of panthers here, u can hear them scream sometimes at night as well.I think the reason most people thing they are extinct or so rare, is becuse there cats,thy can hide, and run away so fast u never realy see them.If anyof u have cats u will know what i mean about cats being very good at hideing.Anyway thats my 2 cents

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Could these cats have something to do with it?

Big Ashera Cats

top topics

<< 1   >>

join