It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Gaming PC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Right i'm looking to buy a gaming PC. I would like dual Geforce 7900 GTXs and a dual core processor and not spend more than £3000. Where/who should i get this pc from, Dell, Alienware, wired2fire.com? Also would i be better of getting an intel or amd cpu? If anybodies recently bought a high end gaming PC or knows about theses things i would appreciate any advice. Thanks

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I do know that several high-end games seem to prefer Intel, but the AMD will work just about as well while shaving off a few dollars. Also, do you really need the 7900? I've got a single 6800 in my pc that really gets the job done. My advice (depending on how serious you are about cutting edge) is to save yourself some serious dough and stay just off the pace with a 7600 or a 7800. I couldn't help but notice that a dual 6800 rig was $750 cheaper on Dell's site. That's quite a bit of dough saved, and you still have a SLI dual configuration. Like I said my single 6800 is very nice.

I don't have any experience with Alienware, but I know that Dell has always been good for me.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well what iam getting is..

www.komplett.ie...

Thats a fine machine as it is but iam getting lots of upgrades whitch all added up equals 2000 euro , thats with 2 gig of ram 4000 gb drive 512 card i would recommned but custimising options (whitch you can do at the site) and upgrading it

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well i was looking for a high end pc that would stay "top of the range" for about 3 years but i suppose it would be cheaper to upgrade as and when i needed to. I used to use my old pc for gaming a years ago but have stuck to consoles for about 4 years now. i bought a laptop a about a year ago but it really doesn't cut it when it comes to some of the beauties like F.E.A.R or DOOM3. I would be happy with a pc that would play the latest games at the highest possible standard but unless i'm mistaken you'd still have to play at least £2000.

top topics

join