It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

great canadian rock bands???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
i wounder what good canadian rock bands are there out there? ive heard that nickleback is canadian theyre so so what others are there??

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Yes Nickleback is Canadian. So is Avril Lavigne.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
but those 2 suck.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Have to agree with Lysergic on that.

In the realm of classic Rock I'd say The Guess Who beats all.

Modern Rock band... I dunno.

I like Swollen Members, but they are not a rock band. I like a couple Billy Talent songs.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
NoMeansNo and D.O.A. spring to mind.

An added bonus is that they don't suck.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
cananda just dosnt seem to breed that many good rock bands, (maybe its the cold weather or something), or at least not popular ones. one of my favorite bands, the Real Mckenzies, is canadian though... anyone ever heard of them?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Canadian Rock Bands

The Wikipedia list shows one or two interesting bands...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
RUSH !!!!!

As if any other Canadian band reeeaaaally matters !!!

lol

NN

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Propagandhi is a sweet punk band they hail from Winnipeg. they were one of the first signings to Fat Wreck Chords, NOFX's label.

Some of there more notable tunes include

I Was a Pre-Teen McCarthyist

Stick That F*%king Flag Up Your Goddamn A$$

jra

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
ugh.. Nickleback... can't stand them personally.

There are a number of good Canadian rock bands. One band I used to like a lot was "The Tea Party" Their first three albums were great. They had a very unique and exotic sound. Using instruments from all around the world. The albums that came later started to sound more bland and borring, to me anyway. I'd recommend the first 3 albums to anyone though. Good stuff.

Another Canadian band I used to listen to years ago was "Econoline Crush" although I don't know if they are still around. But there music was a mix of rock and electronic stuff. I liked it.

There was also "Our Lady Peace". I remember them having some good songs back in the day. Especially on there first few albums. I don't know if they are still around though.

"I Mother Earth" also had some good songs on there first few albums. I think after the second album the lead singer quit and they got a new singer. I think it went down hill from there.

Hmm... i'm kind of seeing a theme here. All these bands started off pretty good, but either got more bland as time went on or just disappeared completely.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Hmm... i'm kind of seeing a theme here. All these bands started off pretty good, but either got more bland as time went on or just disappeared completely.

The exception being ............ Rush !!!

Ya think maybe I like Rush? lol

Enuff that some idiot hacking and defacing their website reeeaaaally pisses me off.

NN

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There is also the Hanson Brothers.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
How could you all not list THE BAND?! Robbie Robertson...Garth Hudson...Rick Danko....Richard Manuel... these are some of the GREATEST musicians in modern music! Granted, drummer Levon Helm was from Arkansas... but this was a CANADIAN Band and one of the most influential bands of all time, from ANY nation. They played with Bob Dylan, for christ's sake!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Rush sucks, as does nickelback. i'll tolerate them if i have to, but the rush guys voice is wierd and nickel back is just BAD

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Theres Annihillator a old metal band which is still active.
And the progressive metal band Voivod.

Both are big bands.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychochick
Rush sucks, as does nickelback. i'll tolerate them if i have to, but the rush guys voice is wierd and nickel back is just BAD

Rush sucks? Well, you suck too, and all your friends, and even your cat !! ............. and me for messin' with ya like this, lolol.

Ya, Geddy's voice is definately different. That's one of the things I like about him, and the fact that the band in whole is different. They are among the few bands that have never had cover bands do their music - it just can't be done.

I don't get the whole angst against Nickleback. I like a few of their songs, but don't have any of their music, so maybe it's just my lack of knowing their other stuff.

NN

top topics

join