It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
thanks...really good stuff you got there, i hope you make a decent living doing this :-)

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
thanks...really good stuff you got there, i hope you make a decent living doing this :-)

Oh, no. I wouldn't dream of doing graphic design for a living. It would take the fun out of it. i do it mostly for the enjoyment of it. Thanks again for the compliments.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hi Mechanic,
Nice looking work, I was wondering if you could do a request.
I am OK with my current avatar but my dream avatar is this.

Basically a standard crucifiction scene like you would think of from
church of Jesus on the cross, only instead of Jesus it is an alien in his
place, The alien should look cool not like a cartoon but believeable.
something like a standard gray
If you want to give it a shot I'd appreciate it.
Feel free to u2u me.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Mechanic those avatars are incredible. How do you do that? I wish I had the capability to do that kind of work.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Thanks Mooney.

Actually a lot of experimentation. You should see some of the stuff I had that didn't quite make it to this thread.

Not to mention some of my older work.

[edit on 2/15/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
So what software do you use to create those avatars Mechanic. Photoshop, Paint, Paint Pro, or something else?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MooneyBravo
So what software do you use to create those avatars Mechanic. Photoshop, Paint, Paint Pro, or something else?

Photoshop CS2, although I am just learning the basics, it's very hard to learn (for me, anyway) Plus costs $$$$, so if you're on a budget, not the way to go.

www.adobe.com...

The Gimp (just recently added to my collection), and it's free and has features that rival photoshop, imo - plus easier to use - also does animations:

gimp-win.sourceforge.net...

MS PictureIt! (Now called MS Digital Image) easy to use, costs less than PS but lacking many features of PS, but price is very reasonable. - But if you have MS Office, it is included with the package:

www.microsoft.com...

GIF Construction Set Professional for my animations:

www.mindworkshop.com...

And a new one I found, Photofiltre - that I have only played with a bit, still don't know much about it, though - Freeware:

photofiltre.free.fr...

I only use MS Paint for very very simple things like taking screen captures. Using it for .jpg images results in very poor pictures, due to very high compression that is not adjustable.

In the other programs, the compression is adjustable( and hence, the quality), to enable the highest quality .jpg images.

In PS(photoshop) and The Gimp, you can adjust the .gif comression as well, to a certain extent.

Hope this bit of info helps.

[edit on 2/16/2007 by Mechanic 32]

[edit on 2/16/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Due to an increasing frquency of members using the

avatars off of this thread without asking to use

them, I am going to discontinue hosting the avatars

that have been asked for by members

As soon as a member asks for use of one of the avatars in this thread, I ask that you download it to your hard drive, and use your own upload space or a image hosting service such as Photobucket or Imageshack.

This will help me in keeping track of the avatars that have not been claimed for use.

sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

If I have removed your avatar, please feel free to u2u me.

Thank You,

Mechanic 32

Edit to add

If any avatars are inadvertantly removed before you have an opportunity to upload to your account, please u2u me. I still have all of them on my hard drive, and can reupload them, and u2u you a new link to it, that you can download to your computer, so that you may upload it to your own upload space, or to your image hosting account.

edit also for clarity.

[edit on 2/18/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
i think its really bad that people have been using Mechanics avatars without asking.
I mean, for Gods sake, he provides them for free...all you needed to do was ask him. He even gives you the option of personalising it for you.
So to all those who stole them:
:shk:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Agreed. I mean, how long does it take to shoot a u2u out and say hey, that looks awesome, can i use it? Or post here on mechanics thread asking man, can i sport that sweet avatar? But no, lets just plagiarize(sp?) the mans hard work and not even give him the common courtesy of asking. /sarcasm

Mechanic is so Cool, if you would have asked, he would even make you a custom one such as mine. It may take some time cuz real life happens, but he would have done it, at no cost. But noooooo. Ya had to go and
up a good thing.

Thievin little

I got ur u2u bud and ive already made the necessary arrangements, thanx for the heads up.

Silver

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Every page of this thread now has the following...

Directing them to the post above.

I will most likely discontinue this thread and start a new one, with the rules for proper usage of the avatars clearly stated on every page.

It is partly my own fault, as I had not clearly and explicitly laid down any rules in the first few pages of this thread. I had assumed that members wishing to use the avatars here would at least let me know that they wished to use them.

Many of the avatars here are still available for use.

All that I ask, is to kindly post here, or u2u me.

Thank you.

[edit on 2/18/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
After much consideration, I have decided to ask that this thread be closed.

I will still offer avatars for use by other members, but will no longer maintain this thread or create a new thread for my avatars.

Thank you to the members who have supported my avatars in the past, and to those that continue to do so.

Shame on those members that would rather take without asking. :shk:

Mechanic 32.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join