It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duplicating Topics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Why don't moderators have the power to remove threads that have been deliberately duplicated by posters seeking more points from someone elses work.

They should be able to remove thread or transfer comments to original thread and give those points to the originator as well. Eg: "We Made Contact ..."- Spica who deliberately copied CPYKOmega. Her excuse is totally unbelievable. Does she think we are all stupid?

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
We do make every effort to remove duplicated posts. Those that remain in existence do so likely because they go unnoticed or because people have since responded. In the second instance, we would keep it as different people may have responded to each one, putting forth different comments.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It simply doesn't work Jubilee, besides the staff here has too much fun!
I know, my attitude is horrible, and because of people like me, change never will happen, but this topic already exists in another forum...

For example,
About a month and a half ago, I compiled all of the Nessies threads (11) into one hugs, great one! Had fifty to sixy replys I believe. Three days later, another Nessis thread came up, and about four more have popped up since then.
With new members arriving every day, sometimes members aren't aware of old topics.

- Tass

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Sounds like a conspiracy to me and I for one demand a full congressional investigation into the matter - and if found guilty the offending party should have to be whipped with wet spagetti noodles by naked hairy red-butt baboons.
That'll teach 'em!

intelgurl

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thanks for your comments everyone!!

Love to stay and chat but I've got to go start a new Nessie Thread. See Ya!

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I dont know why... it's a bug maybe ?

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Nans, that happens when a thread gets moved to another forum, and a redirect is left in the old forum.
Then, when someone replies to the moved thread, it shows up twice in the recent posts column on the left hand side of the index page.
So it's not really a bug...

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It's pretty much how it appears above, cyber-chums. All Mod's endeavour to vacuum-clean the boards -but there is such a quantity of new threads (often for no creditable reason) that duplicates slip past.
The answer really is to accept collective responsibility and stick to William's "read...think....then post" -we can all surely spare a moment to see what else has been posted that day and perhaps the day before.

top topics

join