It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Bizarre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Now, this is something that happened to me in the year 2004. I live in Trinidad by the way.
Now, at around 9pm, in the month of June or July my father & I were on our way back home after heading to the store to buy Chinese Food.
A couple of yards from his house, he pointed out something to me in the sky; It was a nearly perfect circle of white light. The light waz not distorted, not blurred. There was no scatter, or spurse of the light. Me, looking up at it, it appeard to be apporximately 20 inches, from my view. So, the actual circumfrence of the image could be very massive. The light itself appeared to be above the clouds, so it was pretty high you can say. However, it did not appear to be in, or a part of the Thermosphere. The light was also circling my father & I, & was moving forward with us as we walked. There is no way possible, for that to be some sort of highpowered light beam/laser beam. Light that enters into the air, scatters. Absolutely no scattering of light waz seen. Also, trinidad does not have any such powerful light sources(dat I know of), xcept for a few places, not located near to where my pops was staying at the time. I know of no light source powerful enough to cast that sort of light into the air. Now, this is where it gets really weird. After realising that the light was actually following us, I told my pops to stay still, & I ran a few steps ahead & with a slight lag behind, the light followed me indiviually. So there was some sense controling that thing. Now to make matters a lil more bizarre; there were other people in the street, but we appeared invisible to them. We weren't noticed at all. We tried making somewhat of a scene about it, & nothing. No recognition. & that's weird, especially in Trinidad. My father has been living in that area for 3 yrs & he has neva seen anything like dat in dat area, or anywhere else in his life. Some very strange things have happened to me before, things that science cannot explain, but this is wayyy tooo strange.
I did not post this looking for explainations, cuz I doubt Im gonna find any. I would love to understand what that thing was, but I doubt I ever will, not in this lifetime anyway. I dont kno if it waz extraterrestrial or what. Just thought I share that with yall.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by sdrawkcab]

[Mod Edit: All Caps title]
Mod Edit: The use of All-Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by sanctum]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I know some people like to speak ebonics.....but writing ebonics?! Come on!! You make yourself appear foolish, and nobody will take you seriously.

Das juzt da way it be.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrChipps
I know some people like to speak ebonics.....but writing ebonics?! Come on!! You make yourself appear foolish, and nobody will take you seriously.

Das juzt da way it be.

Ever think that since he is from Trinidad that just maybe he spells the way english sounds to him?

Give it some thought... I promise it wont hurt too bad.... then again.. =/

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Creedo]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So noone saw the thing except you and your dad? No witnesses? Na photo oppertunity?

I'm sorry to say it but if a story was to become credible (due to the vast amount of hoaxers/ attention seekers) serious proof would be needed to recieve a vast response/ a belief from others.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creedo

Originally posted by MrChipps

Das juzt da way it be.

Ever think that since he is from Trinidad that just maybe he spells the way english sounds to him?

I think MrChipps is accurate in his analogy. A speaker from Trinidad who could comprehend such grammar as 'haven't' and yet have no idea how to spell 'that'.

Good on Mr.Chipps

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
A reminder to members posting to this thread

ATS is comprised of a Global membership and, as such, English is NOT every member's first language. Also, I personally don't recall proper grammar being a prerequisite for posting on these boards.

The topic of discussion is sdrawkcab's Very Bizarre "encounter", NOT his/her writing skills.

... and now back to the discussion.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
C'mon, it was just a few words the author spelled phonetically. I myself don't like to see such things as well but it didn't didn't affect the credibility of the story, to me at least.

Anyhow, would them being "invisible" to passers-by be considered part of the "Oz Effect"? iI've heard about this effect but haven't looked into it much. It was mentioned briefly in "Above Top Secret" by T. Goode I believe.

The first time i hear of The Oz Effect was when a friend of mine said he was in a Beef Corral in East Cleveland in the '70s and someone came in the restaurant and said "Go outside and your view of reality will be changed." So he went out and looked up in the sky and saw what he described as a huge garbage bag shape floating thru the sky. It wasn't a garbage bag, it was too big and too far away, but was rippling and undulating like it a big airfilled bag. I don't recall any other description except I got the idea that it wasn't anything normal. When i asked him why it wasn't reported on the news, because it was floating over a dense urban area he said it could have been the Oz Effect.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You see that kind of thing in the more northern lattitudes all the time, but might seem very strange in the tropics. Did it look anything like this?

These halos and sundogs can be different sized depending on the height of the ice layer in atmosphere. Do you remember if it was around the sun or separate from it?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creedo
[edit on 8-5-2006 by Creedo]

Check out these earlier posts by our erstwhile Trinidadian friend:

Im new here, but this is interesting conversation indeed.
I've noticed some of you believe what has taken place could be quite true.
And others largely doubt it.
Some say, these are human beings(Oprah & the likes), they won't storm into ppls houses & put guns to their heads.
Because they are human beings, it is quite possible for them to do that.

and

Interesting convo. But remember our calendar is a lil off.
So it may happen b 4, or after. I dunno wen xactly. Some say 2012...some say 2011.
some say 2006. Noone knows for sure, but it's soon.
I dunno how to xplain dis, but I hav somesort of clairvoyant power, believe me if u wish. It does not matta

and

Some people belive that black holes lead to other dimensions. Some people refuse to believe that. What happens to the matter that enters a black hole? Does the matter just accumulate until something starts to form? Where does the matter go?
It is believed that, like black holes, there are forces called "White Holes" that, instead of pulling matter into in, they repel matter. Is it possible for 2 "White Holes" to merge? What is at the other end of a "White Hole"? What is behind a White Hole?
What is there behind a Black Hole?
If 2 black holes are going to collide, obviously one has more pull than the other.
The more dominant black hole may "sawallow"(for lack of a better word) the other. What happens to the other? Do they just "merge" & become one?
is it even possible that black holes have varying gravitational pull? If 2 black holes are facing each other, both possesing the same gravitational pull & mass. Nothing will happen. If u place an object between them, the object will appear to stand still, because the force pulling the object will be equal on on both sides of the object.
It's just some food for thought. Should I research it? Should you research it?
What evidence do we have? Other than some theories in physics. Do all theories hold true? Do all theories hold true, all the time?

He/she seems to be able to turn the accent -- I mean "phonetic spelling" -- on and off.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
aaannnnyyywaaaaysss.........

....like the good Mod said... back to the topic.

Has anyone else ever posted on these boards with a similar experience?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Lol. This is rediculous. I started a topic, dealing with a bizarre situation, but instead, we're discussing my use of phonetics. My purpose was not to make you believe what I saw. I know what I saw. My father knows what he saw. I was simply relating my experience to you.
Dealing with my use of the English Language; I've studied English for 13 years. I'm currently 18 years of age. In Trinidad, it's required by law, that you start attending school at the age of 5. Also, the majority of the population start attending kindergarten(preschool) by the of 3. Yes, I can turn "on and off" my use of phonetics. For the people that do not know, Trinidadians & Tobagonians do not speak American English, we speak Britain English. There are slight variations in spelling, dealing with the two.
Anyone familiar with Caribbean history, economics & social growth will know that T&T(Trinidad & Tobago - It is considered one nation) is one of, if not, the most established Caribbean island, dealing with trade & financial growth. We are also the chief suppliers of Asphalt, thoughout the world.
Not to sound boastful, but I have a distinction(A's in all categories) in English Language from the Caribbean Examination Council(CXC Exams). So, I know a thing or two about the language I speak.
So, iz dat enuff qualification 4 me 2 start topiks in ATS?
And to answer Enkido's question;
Nope, it looked nothing like dat. Hmm...picture a white CD, minus the hole in the centre, but not perfectly round.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by sdrawkcab]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sorry Wulfi, never heard of the Oz Effect. Im doing some research into that now.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcab
So, iz dat enuff qualification 4 me 2 start topiks in ATS?

Ha ha!!! So there!! I love it.

I was thinking sundog myself, shucks. I've heard that these events can be controlled to the extent that only the immediate witness can see the objects or phenomena.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by MrPenny]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hey backwards, suddenly in your last post, you sound like someone I can take seriously. Whether you like it or not, what you write as well as how you write it makes an impression on people. If you want people to listen to you and take you seriously, continue writing in the manner of your last responce.

Anyways, your story sounds quite interresting. Especially the part where you talked about not being able to get anyones attention; as if you weren't there. Caught in a time pocket so to say. That would freak me out. Did you happen to notice any missing time? Perhaps you weren't actually in your physical bodies. That would deffinately explain things. Try to remember if there was any missing time.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Thanks. I'll continue to write like this throughout. I don't think there was any missing time. Everything was well accounted for. As for us being out of our bodies; it is highly probable now that you mention it. But I've had close to OOBE, & I get a strange feeling when it's about to take place. No such feeling was felt, everything was pretty "normal". I actually find it harder to explain the peoples' behaviour, opposed to the light in the sky. People do not behave like that. It was almost as if they've seen it many times, & it has become somewhat of a norm for them.
But weird things have happened to me throughout my life...& I dont think they are about to stop. I'll be on the look out. Plus, I've now got a camera/video recording phone. So they can bring it on...I'll be ready. lol

[edit on 9-5-2006 by sdrawkcab]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm going to be picking up a nice digital camcorder in the next couple of weeks. I've been wanting one for some time to "Sky watch" with. A lot of people catch UFO's on film without even knowing it. They say that they didn't see it when they were filming. I would like to just scan the sky with my camcorder every now and then to see if it picks anything up. The cameras can see more light spectrums than the human eye. That's why people accidently catch them on film.

Like you said.....Bring it on UFO's!

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hey MrChipps.

That sounds like fun. Wish I could afford a camcorder!

One piece of advice would be for you to be very systematic about your observations, and buy some kind of tripod or something to stabalize your image.

You can find official tips for recording phenomena on various websites, including MUFON's. They give some good advice.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I got lucky. My dad has a nice digital one he bought just last year for about $500. He's going to sell it to me for only $100 because he just bought a new one which records MPEG4 directly to a built in 20gig hard drive. Now THAT'S one I would like to have! But I'll settle for the great deal he's giving me on the other one.

Thanks for the tips by the way. Yes, a nice tri-pod would be a must. The camera has a built in image stabalizer, but still....I want a nice tri-pod. He has one for it.....wonder if it's included for the $100?

new topics

top topics

join