It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

User-Specific Search Results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
After searching for posts for a specific user you will often see the same thread listed several times in the search results, but no matter which post you select you still end up on page 1 of the thread.

Would it be possible to link each search result to the specific post, or is this too cumbersome for the hardware/software?

Bibliophile

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The data simply isn't stored in a way that would allow direct links to specific posts within a thread, via the "all posts by users" search function.

However, part of what you're looking for may be found simply by clicking on their member name in their "mini-profile" for each post (shows threads they started).

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yes, I have tried different ways to find specific posts. My concern is that combing a particularly long thread can be very time-consuming.

Thank you for the insight.

Bibliophile
Computer Idiot

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
One trick I use is to use the ATS custom google search under the boolean search and type all or part of the thread title in quotation marks, plus the member's name. The google results will direct you to specific pages in that thread that the member has commented in.

Example: "There is only one Conspiracy" "sun matrix"

Works a charm.

[edit on 2006-5-8 by wecomeinpeace]

join