It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diebold issues Cease and Desist to Indymedia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Not really anything to say. We all know how horrible electronic voting is. I wonder if there is a way to get out to the normal media w/o illegally hosting internal communications.

"It has recently come to our clients' attention that you appear to be hosting a web site that contains
information location tools that refer or link users to one or more online location containing Diebold Property. The material and activities at the online location infringe Diebold's copyrights in the Diebold Property because the Diebold Property was copied and posted to the online location and is being distributed from the online location, without Diebold's consent. The web page you are hosting clearly infringes Diebold's copyrights by providing information location tools that refer or link users of the web page to an online location containing infringing material or activity. See 17 U.S.C. 512(d)."

www.eff.org...

www.onlinepolicy.org...

www.diebold.com...

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Not really anything to say. We all know how horrible electronic voting is. I wonder if there is a way to get out to the normal media w/o illegally hosting internal communications.

Can you exp�lain me what is the relation between the ekctronic vote and internal communications ?

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Nans- Glad you asked. All i meant was that 1) electronic voting, as implemented by Diebold, has many fatal flaws and 2) there has got to be a way to reveal this fact to the media and have the media reveal it to the people of US.

The relationship between diebold electronic voting and diebold internal communications is that their internal communications admit to the failures of their electronic voting system.* By "internal communications" i just mean memos or private company reports.

*I have not read the infringing documents so I am surmising this.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Thanks,

I had some difficulties to understand this story.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Diebold must be running scared. This cease and desist is like Faux going after Franken.

"Diebold is the owner of copyrights in certain correspondence relating to its electronic voting machines that was stolen from a Diebold computer ("Diebold Property")

If this is the memo I'm thinking of, then it was taken from an unsecure ftp. Not exactly stolen and not exactly Diebold Property.

top topics

join