It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaders ignore answers so that can play politics with your wallet and your gas tank.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Politics as usual when it comes to our wallets and gas prices. I found this article in a local newspaper where I live. You can look up the article from Friday's newspaper, on 5/5/06

It seemed shocking last week that President Bush was outraged at the price of gas the poor consumer was having to pay.

Investigation will follow, no more tax breaks for the oil companies. Oh, and by the way, now is a great time to relax the enviromental regulations, all in the name of helping the consumer.

There it is : The true motivation behind this hypocrisy.

While oil companies earn history-making profits, the leadership of this country decides the answer is to cut them some more slack and wreck our enviorment?

True leadership would be a plan to become self-sufficient, like Brazil and Sweden, in promoting alternatives such as biofuels.

True leadership is mandating that ethanol be used in all gas supplies. True leadership is increasing the required mileage for all new vehicles, something that hasn't been changed in 20 years.

I certainly hope the American public will remember this travesty during the next election.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It just goes to show, that The Bush family owning 90% of all the oil in Texas can show that "he cares" about you. Sorry, this is complete crap to Me. We've got enough oil in Texas and the Alaskan Pipeline to last the entire world for the next 150 years.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by UM_Gazz]
[edited title to remove all-caps -nygdan]

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I still stick with with this post that I had done originally. I heard an interesting theory about the Alaskan Pipeline and H.A.A.R.P. The theory was that the H.A.A.R.P. installation is connected to the Alaskan Pipeline, and burns off the natural gas in order to fuel it non-stop.

join