It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police chief- Lockerbie evidence was faked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
A retired Scottish police chief has decided to come forward to testify that the piece of circuit-board used as evidence to convict a Libyan of the 1989 terrorist bombing of Pan Am flight 103 was planted by the CIA.

Full Story

He isn't the first to come forward with this same story.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The officer, who was a member of the Association of Chief Police Officers Scotland, is supporting earlier claims by a former CIA agent that his bosses "wrote the script" to incriminate Libya..............

"He has confirmed that parts of the case were fabricated and that evidence was planted. At first he requested anonymity, but has backed down and will be identified if and when the case returns to the appeal court."

The vital evidence that linked the bombing of Pan Am 103 to Megrahi was a tiny fragment of circuit board which investigators found in a wooded area many miles from Lockerbie months after the atrocity.

The fragment was later identified by the FBI's Thomas Thurman as being part of a sophisticated timer device used to detonate explosives, and manufactured by the Swiss firm Mebo, which supplied it only to Libya and the East German Stasi.

----------------------------------------------------------------

This will prove to be very interesting should this information prove to be true. A good little conspiracy may be at our fingertips.

[Mod Edit: to add appropriate external source tags]
Please review this link

[edit on 5/8/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 8-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This is the exact reason I do not trust the CIA today, and don't beleive in AQ the way we're lead to beleive it exists. They've 'planted' evidence before to convict other people for things. "Fake Flag Attacks" whatever you want to call them, this is really no different. But its sure great to see the truth coming out.

It's like everyones in denial about what the CIA's actual job is.

Great post.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
If this info is true. What a creep for keeping quiet for all these years. I hope they hang him if he was in collusion with them. Innocent people died as a result (Khadafy's 18month old adopted baby daughter) I wonder if President Regan had known about this?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
There is not really much on the connection since the time of the articles original circulation (8-2005) to now. Esson’s hit the “nail on the head” for me by questioning time and motive of this officer who has come forward.

But Esson, who retired in 1994, questioned the officer's motives. He said: "Any police officer who believed they had knowledge of any element of fabrication in any criminal case would have a duty to act on that. Failure to do so would call into question their integrity, and I can't help but question their motive for raising the matter now."
Source

The reasons the officer later offers for his failure to report until now/then are pure bunk.

Since this trial is set for appeal in the summer of 2006, one would expect there would be more coverage over the past nine month’s if there were truly creditable claims. But, as there has already been an appeal with further evidence presented, Imo, now there is very little creditability to the claim of planting evidence until proven otherwise.

mg

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Any senior police officer will keep his trap shut if ordered to do so under the official secrets act, for fear of prosecution just like anybody else, if they know what's good for them.
The Pan Am 103 investigation had a stink to it from the moment the flight came crashing down. Too many alphabet agency types on scene so quickly and taking over from the local law enforcement. Found this interesting piece on Rense a while ago too.....

www.rense.com...

On past performance, we just can't accept the "official" line on anything these days.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gear
The reasons the officer later offers for his failure to report until now/then are pure bunk....

Since this trial is set for appeal in the summer of 2006, one would expect there would be more coverage over the past nine month’s if there were truly creditable claims. mg

I'm not sure if there would be much more coverage over this info, especially in the USA. I think any info we receive will come from other countries, the US took actions based on the idea that a Libyan was behind the terrorist action. Why would they want to have it come out that they planted evidence for political convenience?

As far as coming forward, he states why he did it. He didn't want to put his neck out on the line unless completely necessary. He isn't hiding his identity and will testify.

------------------------------------------------------
"Asked why he had not come forward before, he admitted he'd been wary of breaking ranks, afraid of being vilified.

"He also said that at the time he became aware of the matter, no one really believed there would ever be a trial. When it did come about, he believed both accused would be acquitted. When Megrahi was convicted, he told himself he'd be cleared at appeal."

The source added: "When that also failed, he explained he felt he had to come forward.
-------------------------------------------------------

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Just so you know, this is not really a new story. The source is from last August and was reported on ATS at that time:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Just so you know, this is not really a new story. The source is from last August and was reported on ATS at that time:

I think what the new story is, is that he is now willing to reveal his identity to cooberate his story. Either way, last year, or this year, its an interesting piece of information that I chose not to release as breaking news, but as a regular post.

Who knows if this will ever come to fruition.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
If this info is true. What a creep for keeping quiet for all these years. I hope they hang him if he was in collusion with them. Innocent people died as a result (Khadafy's 18month old adopted baby daughter) I wonder if President Regan had known about this?

The air raid that killed his adopted daughter, among others was in April 1986, in retaliation for the Berlin discoteque bombing 10 days earlier.

PanAm 103 exploded over Lockerbie on Dec 21st 1988. Ghaddafi handed over the two suspects to Scottish police in April 1999.

Inncocent people died in all those events, including on the ground in Lockerbie.

top topics

join