It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Base with Pyramid and underground entrance found near Area 51.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well I was looking at imagery around the bomb range west of Area 51. Actually looking for the Papoose Lake facility and discovered these structures with in the bombing complex area. A pyramid shaped building or ??? and a clear underground entrance of some type.Could this bee one of the entrances to the vast facility complex under the surrounding area? I have lots of pic's in the link. Anyone?
pg.photos.yahoo.com.../9b4dre2

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
wow what a great find it sure looks to be a pyramid. as to that tunnel that seems to have two openings?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Wow! Why wasn't this caught before now? Great work! I wonder what such a structure is used for? I'd felt for a good long while that there was a second set of runways perhaps under the existing one... but this is bizzare/new to me. Ever noticed the "dishes" at and around the facility point straight up much of the time? Is this a wind-neutral parking position or are they collecting/transmitting data from something overhead that's geo-stationary? Hmmm.

Thanx for the excellent post!

Victor K.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
whoa nice find..

That pyramid looks rather large, I have to wonder why the US would build a pyramid? Besides it's not entirely a pyramid.. it looks flatter and has a cut off top. But still it's unusual of US architecture in their bases.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It looks like picture 3 with the tunnel and mound of dirt around it might be a lift for large supplies to an underground supply area, or other items.

The pictures are truely a GREAT! find. I would love to know what the heck the pyramid is used for. It too looks like it has some kind of hole in the middle of it.

this is the most interesting post I have seen in awhile, I think I am going to vote for you.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RaiderJose
wow what a great find it sure looks to be a pyramid. as to that tunnel that seems to have two openings?

Looks to me like a huge HVAC exhaust system.

The other stuff I think is more intriguing. Pyramid = hidden radar instalation (maybe?)

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

That pyramid looks rather large, I have to wonder why the US would build a pyramid? Besides it's not entirely a pyramid.. it looks flatter and has a cut off top. But still it's unusual of US architecture in their bases.

It might just be me.. but does the cut off top bit remind anyone of the American all seeing eye pyramid on dollar notes? That too had a cut off top, im not sure if the dollar note top is off for any reason.. it just sprung to mind when looking at the pyramid. Anyone else agree?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I've been looking at the structure with the 3 major facet surfaces and the compound in which it is enclosed and some things are evident immediately, some things will require input on this thread to figure out.

The first thing is the shape and scale - a 3 sided pyramid with the very top either unfinished or truncated to leave a platform by design. If one looks at the surrounding structures and guesses that at least some are "office trailers" and one maybe an 18 wheeler box trailer, then the size of this is at least a couple of hundred feet at the base - Pretty big.

Another "clue in the open" is on the western face there is a vertical dark stripe that runs up the side to the peak platform area, perhaps stairs? I immediately thought of the description William Cooper gave for the Tri-lateral Insignia. Nah, couldn't be, could it? Most likely steps or a servicing/construction ramp. That black dot on the top at the epicenter of the platform is to put in mildly, very interesting.

The orientation of this structure is virtually aligned along the four points of the compass... mostly surveying and construction convenience? If it was important for some reason (physics?) the orientation is certainly easier to calculate and include in other math functions and the structure easy to identify - easy to home in on with shape recognition soft/wetware? Special properties? Pyramid power?

Using the tilt feature of Google Earth one can perhaps guess that there is an entrance at the center of each of the 3 faces at ground level. If one looks West to East to the ramp that leads below grade it seems to lead toward the center of the pyramid bisecting the East ridge of the structure... I'm not sure this is important but if you've ever tried to stack shipping container sized things in a non-rectangular building the logistics of filling the space is "funky" and more complicated than one might think - point being, if they were to fill this odd structure from underneath with "stuff" (explosives?) you couldn't pick a better spot to locate the the load/unload ramp. This ramp seems large enough for a couple of 5 ton trucks to pass... Hmmm... what do dedicated explosive haulin' trucks look like?

One of the more subtle things is the other "culvert with berms" that lies to the East, look at the berm build up on the West side - it's larger. Hmmm. Are they expecting "forces" from the West and is this an enclosure for instrumentation to document a test? Seems plausible that if they were going to do a "test shot" they'd want to collect data "in-the-open-atmosphere" of the culvert which could "last" a little longer from a blast originating to the West owing to the berm construction and orientation.

I can't conclude what this is but I have a couple of notions to run up the flag pole and see if ATS-ers salute or throw me to the lions - thumbs down.

First, is this the apparatus for the 700 ton conventional "kerboom" we've been hearing about? If so is the pyramid a geometry choosen to better predict and evaluate such a test or is it a fancy new type of shaped charge?

Second, pyramids are stable but difficult to erect compared to "Wondersteel" or quanset-shaped building shells... got to be a reason for this shape of apparatus. Is there a link here to math/physics and the claimed "pyramid power". I'm thinkin' not. But who knows? My mind is essentially open.

Third, this is "Dreamland", anything is possible history as far as this place goes - that they have a new(?) US taxpayer paid-for pyramid-shaped toy doesn't surprise me at all, no not one bit, my biggest surprise is why hasn't this come to light earlier especially on ATS... maybe I missed it.

What can anyone add to further the discussion? I'm so looking forward to hearing what folks think is happening out in "The Box".

Thanx,

Victor K.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Of importance I believe is the fact it is 3 sided. Ya know I didn't even notice that before lol. Silly me. There aren't many 3 sided pyramids, shape kinda reminds me of those triangular UFO's. The dark strip does look like stairs.. although I would have thought that the US would have a better way to reach the top than climb a staircase of what has to be at least a hundred foot pyramid. Elevators etc. Why build an exterior staircase leading to the peak? the flat peak is important also, looks like either a helipad, or an opening, possibly a missile silo? If it is a missile silo why the heck inside a pyramid?

that underground opening is simply huge.. i can't imagine what they would want to take underground that required such a large opening.

Also, that pyramid is gigantic.. if you zoom in on google earth until the peak fills your screen, you are at an altitude of at least 3000ft, i can't believe no one has seen it for real.. the military must secure a wide radius around that area.. do we have any nevada based members willing to go on a little harmless snooping?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Great idea on getting someone out there. I would like to know how large of an area is outcropped for this to be hidden for so long.

Or maybe they just built it, 6 months ago and no one has taken notice of it unitl today.

I do agree with the tube area that it might be an exaust system or a lift to the lower levels.

The pyramid does look like the dollar symbol but it really looks like something of a underground facility for the military intel. On a closer look those look like power cables going to top.

Can someone invert the picture to see if they can see anything up close inside that hole?

[edit on 8-5-2006 by texmiller]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Could this be an observation area for the bombing range ?
This could be a hardened site for staff while they watch the bombs fall. The side with what may be stairs faces away from the range, while the point opposite faces the range.

The ramp that goes underground is about 18 feet wide, so something the size of a semi truck could fit down the ramp no problem.

Also look at the shadows...............

I don't think the structure is very tall because of the lack of a shadow extending from the side. Notice the length of the shadows behind what look like trailers...

Though the angle of the sun and the angle of the side of the pyramid might be causing the discrepancy.

Interesting find though.
That's my 2 cents................

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
this has come up before...
I think the buried tube, just next to it, was determined to be a bomb disposal/explosive dispersal area.
Maybe the pyrimid is for storage of these bombs waiting for disposal?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yeah I have definately seen this before either here or on dreamland resort. Anyway you might just want to turn on your google earth community, it has a wealth of information.

This site is the BEEF, or Big Explosives Experimental Facility, situated in area 4 of the NTS. Its a hydrodynamic facility and also used to test Low Yield Earth Penetrating Nuclear Weapons.

I believe the pyramid to be the observation/control centre but I'm sure someone else can inform you more. I found all this with about 2 minutes of research.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ok I did a search on Beef and came up with this page with a photo of the structures in question under construction. I beleive the facility is a multi role structure with explosives testing being just one of its jobs. The tunnel size is huge though. The hole in the top of the pyranid structure looks to be for a telescopic monitoring device to me.
www.shundahai.org...

[edit on 8-5-2006 by VType]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thanx for the link VType! That does explain a bunch. The photo at the link looks like the pyramid might be dirt or stacked blocks or some dry material perhaps? I wonder what a pyramid that big made of some advanced engineered explosives material might look like. There seems to be no indications of concrete forming stuff like scaffolds and mortar forms that you might expect in a poured-form "block-house" or bunker or blast chamber. 144 foot on a side was helpful to find out too. I love the acronym - "BEEF".

I wonder if there are any other photos like this out there in circulation of some previous but more or less recent tests that show a similar or different shaped structure at or near the sites where there are blast craters now... I recall seeing in my childhood some Manhattan Project stuff where thet set off a significant amount of TNT as a simulation/caliberation test for Trinity. I'm a little "fuzzy" on it but I thought it was crates of explosives stacked up on a raised stage... I could be wrong the '60's(?) was a long time ago to remember a snippet of b&w '40's film.

Anyone think that the shape of this "pile" is significant other than being of regular geometry? Why the above grade shape? Could it be all explosives and the black dot on top is where the detonator device goes? Any bets on what the shape of whatever is below grade at the pyramid? I guess if we look one day and there is a big hole/depression there or near by we'll known a little more by looking at the shape of what's left. LOL.

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The structure is the bunker for the safety of staff during blasts outside the compound.
The pyramid is steel reinforced concrete that is covered in earth. They won't be blowing it up for a test, they get inside it for protection during a test.

Therefore looking at the Nevada Test Site as a location to continue to perform these large high explosive experiments, two earth-covered, two-foot thick steel reinforced concrete bunkers, built to monitor atmospheric tests at Yucca Flat in the 1950s, were located and found to be ideally configured.

The facility consists of a control bunker, a camera bunker, a gravel firing table certified for up to 7500 pounds of Conventional High Explosives., and associated control and diagnostic systems. The facility has conducted safely conventional high-explosives experiments using a test bed that provides sophisticated diagnostics such as high-speed optics and x-ray radiography on the firing table, while operating personnel are present in the bunker.
www.shundahai.org...

[edit on 8/5/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well from looking up sites on google on the subject Ive come to the conclusion that the whole area is full of test facilities like this and run by the Energy commision along with the Air Force. As for Why a Pyramid type structures was built over a conventional building I havent the slightest idea. Seems the Energy department has a good many Secrets that warrant such extreme facilities and Insane security. What could they be doing? In the second link the pic shows a explosion very near the structures in question.
www.aip.org...
www.lanl.gov...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ever wonder the energy commission has interests with the military, and secret (or remote) explosives bases?

you should, it is one of those things that we have all just come to accept, and not ask about.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
that pyramid looks like it could be some sort of climate controled experiment station

possibly to simulate the martian environment, and the desert is a good starting point already.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
this picture doesn't make a lot of sense to me. i know it's real, which makes even less sense. why would the military construct a pyramid with a wierd bunker like structure that has a pipe running through it on the opposite side??? of all structures, why a pyramid,even if it was used for explosives testing??? wierd...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join