It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

free audio books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
anyone know of a good site were i can downlaod free audio books...

preferibly of mice and men by john steinbeck since i am currently behind on class discousion do to a injury and well i really dont feel like reading it.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I am sorry that I must be so blunt. I am not surprised that you are unable to find a site to download "audio books". Perhaps if you read more, you might have developed the intellect to figure out how to use google or one of the p2p file sharing programs.

John Steinbecks' Of Mice and Men is not that long of a book to read. It can easily be read in an evening. Unless you have some sort of learning disability; i.e., dyslexia, or A.D.D., etc. Just buckle down and read the book.

Reading, granted, is not a natural act. It takes practice to train one's eyes and to focus one's mind to develop the "habit" of reading. But reading is important and it can be a wonderful gift that you present to yourself! So pull an all-nighter, hunker down and read one of Steinbecks' most enduring works. You owe it to yourself. You won't regret it.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
lol...i do have a LD, but i started reading the book and am really enjoying it, but still i would love to have a audio book, especially for future book refference.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Sorry ATSguy, I might have jumped to conclusions. To be honest, I often play audio books while driving or working. They certainly do serve a useful purpose.

I may have jumped to conclusions because lately, I have read quite a bit about education standards and, for some reason, I assumed that you might want to "dodge the bullet", so to speak. You know, something akin to reading the old "Cliff Notes" or a "Classic Comic" instead of reading the actual book. Sorry.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Its ok no need to say your sorry...From time to time i do find it usefull to look at cliff notes or other means to get a better understanding, especially for hemingway!!!

other than that, you did bring up a good point to use audio books when driving, that could really safe some time...thanks again.

top topics

join