It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosnian Pyramid NOT Man-made?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
"Satellite images, thermal analysis and radar studies have been performed at the site, all independently confirming the existence of pyramid-shaped architecture, according to Osmanagic. More importantly, he said, the tests suggest that the layout could not have been man-made."

link

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think, in the end both side of the argument will be proven null and void.
I believe the "pyramid" is man-ENHANCED.
The hill does look different than other surrounding hills. But a pyramid shape,
in it's rough form, can also be natural..

It's possible that the people of the time noticed it's shape, and performed modifications.
Turning it into some sort of functional building.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The critics don't seem to be putting anything out there to discredit the find except the dude's history. Then they say that it's impossible because European's weren't that advanced because they never found anything that old before. Well, that's the flippin point!!

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What's to discredit?

If Osmanagic thinks it's a man-made 12,000 year old structure, he has to produce evidence. Until then, if it looks like a hill, acts like a hill, and historically has always been thought of and used as a hill, I reckon it's probably just a hill.

btw why do you think Osmanagic says it's 12,000 years old? Remember, he decided how old it was before he started excavating, and certainly before any dateable archaeology had been found.....

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

the article
"They are jealous," Semir Osmanagic says of his critics. "These people are going crazy because they've been teaching students that these [Bosnians] were cavemen, and all of a sudden they are finding complex structures here."

The problem is, he hasn't been finding complex structures or evidence of the thing being man-made.

It might very well be, but he certainly hasn't demonstrated that.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If it is a pyramid, he seems to want to be the first to declare it, and get all of the credit. I'm sure the arcaeological comunity doesn't want that. Not because of jealousy, but because it could disredit the entire field if it turns out not to be. I'd bet that if it isn't a pyramid it is at least a previously unknown ancient civ. He did find other artifacts correct?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
He did find other artifacts correct?

Yes. Several carved stones have been uncovered. At least one had writing on it. Osmanagic has kept pretty quiet about them though. Odd that, given that it's supposedly the world's earliest language - predating Sumerian by some 6,000 years......

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
deleted double post

[edit on 5/8/2006 by Harte]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

If it is a pyramid, he seems to want to be the first to declare it, and get all of the credit. I'm sure the arcaeological comunity doesn't want that. Not because of jealousy, but because it could disredit the entire field if it turns out not to be.

Conspiratorial leanings aside, the idea that archaeologists wouldn't want a new pyramid discovered is practically the very definition of ludicrous.

You must remember that archaeologists enter that field in order to actually make discoveries, not to prevent discoveries from being made. The field has been turned "on it's head" several times in the past, why didn't earlier discoverers keep mum?

These scientists are real people, not the cigarette smoking man from the X-Files. They have no reason at all to "cover up" new finds in order to maintain the status quo in archaeology. In fact, the complete opposite is the only real motive for spending your summers hunched over in the desert with a brush in one hand and field notes in the other, dodging bullets and snakebites for about a third of what you can make if you'd only had the foresight to major in Business Administration.

I'd bet that if it isn't a pyramid it is at least a previously unknown ancient civ.

If you will say "...a previously unknown ancient civ. that dates to 12,000 years ago." then I'll take that bet in a heartbeat. I'll give you 20 to 1 odds, even.

It's not a pyramid and I'll tell you why. In another "Bosnian Pyramid" thread I posted a link to a site that discusses the archaeological background of the area where this Von Daniken clone is destroying artifacts. The prehistory of that part of Bosnia, it turns out, is fairly well known. Artifacts from the era that is claimed as the construction date for this "pyramid" have been found nearby and in the surrounding area. Sophisticated they ain't.

Construction of a pyramid of that size would leave behind nearby quarries, workers houses, etc. like we find in Egypt. The only "homes" found around there are natural caves that served as shelter for the prehistoric neolithic peoples that scraped out a bare living at the time. Flint knappers they were. If they could build a pyramid the size of a mountain, wouldn't you expect that they would at least build a few houses to live in, or a palace, or a temple, or something? Anything?

Several carved stones have been uncovered. At least one had writing on it. Osmanagic has kept pretty quiet about them though. Odd that, given that it's supposedly the world's earliest language - predating Sumerian by some 6,000 years......

Essan,

Probably Latin, so he can't expound on it!

Harte

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have been keeping an eye on this "Unfolding Find" for some time now and by no means am I qualified to make any assumptions, but true to the fact,"Hasn't there been some really miraculous find's being found in Egypt as of this day and age?
And also, Why couldn't there of been a race that science has yet to discover?
We as a whole, human, have continually been trying to explain the existance of why,when what where and who we really are. Granted, the religous belief system is to be explained to them or us , by reading the bible. Which inhances the fact we were all created by a God of the creations that we are now witnessing, I have a strong feeling that we have been around long enough,as a progressive evolutionary process, that allows us of today to be more open minded and conciuosly aware our species and of the facts.
I will have to agree with what one of the post's had to say about the validity of the find,"We'll just have to watch,wait and see>' and go from there.
Thanks for thread, none the less.
It's something worth keeping your eye's on, aside from all the worlds troubles at hand in this technological day and age.
I also commend the pyramid finder on his ability to believe in himself enough to fund his own archeological dig and not letting the US Gov. Get involved for any credit.Or any other Government for that matter. People need to know and have the right too, even if it is a shot in the dark!

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Conspiratorial leanings aside, the idea that archaeologists wouldn't want a new pyramid discovered is practically the very definition of ludicrous.

That is absolutely true. My only point was that they would rather err on the side of caution and say that it is unlikely that it is a pyramid until more evidence is discovered.

I'd bet that if it isn't a pyramid it is at least a previously unknown ancient civ.

If you will say "...a previously unknown ancient civ. that dates to 12,000 years ago." then I'll take that bet in a heartbeat. I'll give you 20 to 1 odds, even.

I'm not going to say an age of the civilization, but if it was something like roman artifacts I'm sure they would have been recognized as such pretty quickly.

Originally posted by Essan
Several carved stones have been uncovered. At least one had writing on it. Osmanagic has kept pretty quiet about them though. Odd that, given that it's supposedly the world's earliest language - predating Sumerian by some 6,000 years......

Essan,

Probably Latin, so he can't expound on it!

Harte

If I can recognize latin when I see it, I bet he can too.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Anyone know the longitude latitude on this puppy, trying to find in GE but cant locate

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by veespec
"Satellite images, thermal analysis and radar studies have been performed at the site, all independently confirming the existence of pyramid-shaped architecture, according to Osmanagic. More importantly, he said, the tests suggest that the layout could not have been man-made."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Yup. That's what I thought all along.

The pictures that I've seen look like limestone layers, which could indeed fool you into thinking they were man-made if you actually didn't know what you were looking at.

I half expect that the next thing from him will be some sort of faked data or inscription.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

More importantly, he said, the tests suggest that the layout could not have been man-made."

this is some kind mistake

excavations is going on like planed, very good, they have found new stone blocks

next week egyptian experts shall come to visit this place, and to see if there is really a pyramid , soon you can see pyramid walls from the air and city of visoko

last days there were much propaganda against this pyramids

www.bosnianpyramid.com...
and here you can see where on the hill they excavate

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The rock looks interesting, however limestone can have a form that looks like that. The slope is intereting though. Have they been able to determine if the slope is constant throughout the site? Doesn't look like they have to dig too deep, in some places at least, to get to it.

Have they been able to show that the blocks were tooled?

Such a structure would require a lot of workers. Have there been excavations in the surrounding area to find work camps?

top topics

join