It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Colbert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Your opinion of Steven Colbert:

The man is genious! He mocks current presidential and political issues with spunk and intellect. I definately hope he sticks around til Bush is out of office, will always give me something to laugh about at night!

Anyone watch his act at the correspondent's dinner?

Colbert 1
Colbert 2
Colbert 3

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
He is brilliant. I love anyone who can pull off being sarcastic with the level of flair that he does.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Colbert is the best political satirist I've ever seen. What he said while the President was sitting next to him took real balls. Definetly a brilliant man.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwyjibo
Colbert is the best political satirist I've ever seen.

If only Angus Deaton was American. Bush would be out by now as he IS the best political satirist you will ever see! Ask Blair and his goons!

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Colbert is great. I love his show on Comedy Central. I recommend it seriously. It is hilarious.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Mark my 12-monkeys-typing-in-a-locked-room words. Steven Colbert will soon be traded on the open market much like orange juice or pork bellies. He is that valuable to the American economy. Frankly, I don't envy his position in this regard. To be reduced to nothing more than several tons of extremely sought after pig fat and meat is bound to affect anyone's ability to create and continue to be funny.

Even so, Colbert is up to the task. He has taken on world leaders and as long as we have him commanding the bully-pulpit of American cable-television comedy, we can all rest easy as he continues to steal President Bush's lunch money and administers editorial atomic wedgies - metaphorically speaking, of course.

Bully, Sir Colbert, BULLY!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by newtron25
Mark my 12-monkeys-typing-in-a-locked-room words. Steven Colbert will soon be traded on the open market much like orange juice or pork bellies. He is that valuable to the American economy. Frankly, I don't envy his position in this regard. To be reduced to nothing more than several tons of extremely sought after pig fat and meat is bound to affect anyone's ability to create and continue to be funny.

Even so, Colbert is up to the task. He has taken on world leaders and as long as we have him commanding the bully-pulpit of American cable-television comedy, we can all rest easy as he continues to steal President Bush's lunch money and administers editorial atomic wedgies - metaphorically speaking, of course.

Bully, Sir Colbert, BULLY!!!

That's just hilarious.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
newtron25, Way Above for you!

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The current tenor of right-wing radicle machismo would be unbearable without him.

Almost as funny as Trailer Park Boys.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I haven't been able to get into to his show, but the corresponts' dinner performance was brilliant.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You are right, the dinner/roast (is it even an option to roast a sitting president?) was some of Colbert's best work except for one thing - the speech's power to really reach the audience was lost on people laughing half out of nervous agreement with his message and half out of being clueless to the substance of his jokes.

Quite a few republicans there are dyed in the wool, George-is-our-buddy constituents. Not that they didn't know what they were hearing, simply they didn't know what the President and the First Lady were gonna do when he stopped joking with them.

IMHO, those are some Whopper sized Walnuts...an item you won't see on the menu at Burger King, except maybe in Washington, D.C. if he keeps up the good work.

Newtron

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yeah he's awesome. So awesome I dont even care you spelled his name wrong

top topics

join