It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Best Day as President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
He brought up the perch because he probably heard some other good old boy saying it. He is clueless and braindead.

Gee- for someone who has two kids, you'd think THEIR birth would have been a good day for him

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
it was just a joke...

just two more years with him...

Well 2 more years of Bush is all Bush would need to ruin this country. We haven't had such a luckless jinx of a President since Herbert Hoover.

Oh, BTW Herbert Hoover was a republican , also. There will be a depression during Bush's admin.

Just because Reagan wowed a bunch of rich newspaper magnates, we are left with the false impression he was a great
man. Well he wasn't.

[edit on 5/7/2006 by bodebliss]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Doesn't matter what he said.
He would have left out someone, or something.
Then, his critics would have been ranting and raving about that!

He could have said, "the latest arbitron numbers for Air America radio"

The worst day answer was a given, who could argue with 9/11?

He went with a fish. he thought it would be a bit funny, and safe.
Fishing is a wonderful family sport.
I guess he can't say anything, without being pounced upon, by one group, or another.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Somehow, i think his best day would have been during the presidential debates when "The Box" inside his suit didnt slip off

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by maidenwolf
It's a joke? You're also joking I assume. Just like he was joking when he said he couldn't think of a single mistake he's made? Yeah, funny guy.
HE'S a joke, but not a funny one...a dangerous, incompetent one!

yupp...

just like a joke when he was looking for those WMD's in his office...

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
One group or another will pounce on him no matter what he says? Maybe if he ever said anything that either made sense or that wasn't a lie "we" wouldn't feel the need to pounce on him.

He's President of the United States of America, he's being interviewed by a foreign paper, and this is the sort of "joke" you honestly think he should make? He's the laughing stock of the world, and he only gives them more and more reasons to be so.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
For once I'd have to agree with Bush. I think that's probably been the biggest accomplishment of his presidency and I can see why he'd think that was his best day.

You go George...

LOL good one.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I don't like Dubya, but I don't thinks its fair to judge his 'fishing' answer as stupid, or pointless. I don't expect George to suddenly start spouting witty philosophies or profound insights, but I also don't attribute everything he says as stupid or a lie.

It's an answer I would give if I were seeking a neutral, non-controversial, and bland answer.

I'm sure some mornings when he says "good morning", it really is.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I dont even think this is newsworthy. Who gives a hoot what his best day was?

The question should be asked of every American. What was your best moment during the Bush presidency???

Now that would give us something to talk about.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
dgtempe

My best day of his presidency will be the day he leaves office! Many parties are going to be planned for this event around the country.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'll start working on the party favours.

You get the bubbly!!!

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Lord Bush drops a "good ole boy" answer, and his followers say, "good, it shows he's a regular guy." I don't know who mentioned it first, but too bad this blue blood from Maine could give a what less about you. Oh, but he's a real Texan, yeah.

What an idiot. But, you know what REALLY would have been interesting? Asking Cheney what HIS best day as the president was...

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I think he just mentioned the fish because the real best day for this President was likely when he thought he got away with something illegal. I mean there's been so damn many days where this President has broke the law, he must have got off at getting away with one of them but of course he can't say that to the press so it was the fishing story.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by maidenwolf

He's President of the United States of America, he's being interviewed by a foreign paper, and this is the sort of "joke" you honestly think he should make?

All the more reason, to provide a diplomatic answer.
What would you have said as President Bush, when asked the question?
If you think he has done nothing at all to be proud of, then pick the least of the bad.
What would you have said?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
He should have said," This fish is good, but America has the best fish in the world, that's why we're fighting terrorism."

He might have got by with that, but he didn't .

Wasted talent, such a pity!

Log jam of the brain.

He'd jinx his own funeral.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The Mule

You know, a politician with the innate ability to drive his opponents crazy and thereby make them seem irrational could go far.

Perhaps even become President of the United States.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Was he 'joking' about the worst moment being September 11th?

Come on now. of course it was one of the worst days. He never got to finish the Billy Goat story he was so into when he was interrupted by his aides.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The Mule

You know, a politician with the innate ability to drive his opponents crazy and thereby make them seem irrational could go far.

Perhaps even become President of the United States.

I know what your saying, Majic.

I can't help it, when I see much of what I thought was the best of America going down the drain.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Everyone needs to get over the Bush Basing. Havent you people ever been in an interview when youre on the spot? sometimes things just come out with little pre-thought.

Just because you have a problem with someone doesnt mean you should repeadetly peck at their soul for every minor verbal slipup. Who cares about the fish? what was the best day of your lives? the day you got ethernet installed? Get a life people, lets focus on the news.

Oh and if youre an American, it dosent do this country any good to keep this negativity up, noones forcing you to like the president (i dont) but that doesnt mean that poking fun at your own elected leaders gives a good impressoin to the world.. This post makes me sick.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
President Bush sucks and you are hearing this from a Russian. Some US presidents were cool like Abraham Lincoln, but Bush?

Nope, don't like him at all. My whole family was laughing about his fishy reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join