It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Best Day as President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
President Bush was interviewed by a German newspaper and was asked what his worst day in office was, and he answered (of course), "September 11." What was his best day as President? Catching a 7.5 lb perch in his lake.

today.reuters.co.uk
"BERLIN (Reuters) - U.S. President George W. Bush told a German newspaper his best moment in more than five years in office was catching a big perch in his own lake.

"You know, I've experienced many great moments and it's hard to name the best," Bush told weekly Bild am Sonntag when asked about his high point since becoming president in January 2001.

"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound (3.402 kilos) perch in my lake," he told the newspaper in an interview published on Sunday."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Personally, I find this pathetic. He's met world leaders, travelled the globe, and he can't think of a single really good thing he's done for the country or the planet. His best day is catching a fish? After FIVE years in office, his best day is catching a fish. I think this pretty much sums up this President and his Presidency in so many ways, and it is sad.

[edit on 7-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
lol as pathetic as it is, as a fisherman, i would love to catch a perch that size, that would be amazing. But then again thats because im a 16 year old average kid(well average in the sense of what should be average aka not playing videogames and watchin MTV 24-7)

in his position though, thats pretty sad. i know the feeling of catching a once in a lifetime fish...but come on he president now, he should have alot more high point moments then catching a fish.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If I caught a Perch that size I would also consider it one of my best days in my life. I hope those of you that fish realize and I am assuming it was either a Yellow or White perch it is a world record. Give the man a break he is human ya know.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yes, it would have to be a world record perch...unless he's introduced Nile Perch to "his lake" which may be against the law? Anyone know the legalities of that?

Also, it should be noted that the German translation of the word "perch" could just as easily translate as bass (and a couple others I believe) and I think this is probably what it really is...but I could be wrong.

The issue for me is that he claims his best day as President of the United States is catching a fish. Unreal.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well he could at least catch a Tuna or some bigger fish.

I guess he is just so Modest, that his BEST moment is the Perch.

Or maybe it was becase he caught it in HIS Lake?

As the saying goes:

Monkey Say - ...

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Embarrassing. So embarrassing. But, hey, this is the guy voters wanted to have a beer with at a barbecue or have him change a tire, so I'm not surprised. Sad, but, you know, if I were in his shoes with Iraq, Katrina, Plame leak, gas prices, maybe that fish would be a highlight. Poor little man. God help this nation

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What about the day it was Mission accomplished in Iraq?

What about finding those WMDs in Iraq?

What about the day that he saved thousands of lives in New Orleans by forcing action 4 days before Katrina after that video conference?

Maybe it was when he conclusively proved ties between Al'Quaida and Saddam Hussein, thereby justifying his war on Iraq to the international community?

I'm sure one of those had to be the best day in his presidency.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hey I dont think there is anything wrong with that being his best day. The rest of the world hates him, so I doubt meeting with any of the world leaders who hes mostly on a first name basis with I am sure, and probably resent him for his actions, is anything special.

In the end he is just a man wanting to have a good time in a good ol Human pass-time hobby that he enjoys most, and catching a record size fish in HIS lake!

I don't support some of this mans policies, but its great to know he is just a man.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
it was just a joke...

just two more years with him...

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
For once I'd have to agree with Bush. I think that's probably been the biggest accomplishment of his presidency and I can see why he'd think that was his best day.

You go George...

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
A realistic person might conclude that the President's tenure has been the most trying and difficult presidency in the last 30-40 years. But, what the heck! If a fish story gives Bush bashers one more cheap shot at the president, then it's ATSNN material. Good show!

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yes, It's A Joke

The President seems to have a rather subtle sense of humor.

I must admire the way he expertly gets people to jump at the bait.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
there is usually a reason why people bash bush

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tommio
there is usually a reason why people bash bush

Yes, there is a reason. It's because he makes it so darn easy.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Was he 'joking' about the worst moment being September 11th?

And I think it's clear he was 'joking' just like he joked about looking around his office for the WMDs and just like he jokingly flipped the bird with the cameras on him and just like he jokes about his inability to master the English language and just like he was joking when he said, "If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - so long as I'm the dictator."

He's a jokster all right. He's a joke, actually.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Lets see, it should have been either world peace, stopping world hunger, cure for aids, alternate fuel, free medical, cancer cures...
Instead he caused a drawn out "war" on terror, higher fuel prices to benefit himself and his oil company cronies, tanked economy.
Yeah, I guess his best day is catching a fish.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
For once I've got to say there's nothing wrong with that statement.

And that's for a large number of reasons;
1. That was a good sized fish.
2. Normally presidential work is downright stressful, being able to go out fishing was probably a nice welcome break.
3. Bush isn't a humorless android. He makes jokes every now and then.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Bet the CIA put a diver with a perch under the lake for a photo op
Gotta love the way this East Coast elitist idiot portrays himself as a people's man Texan. Truly pathetic.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
it was just a joke...

just two more years with him...

Well 2 more years of Bush is all Bush would need to ruin this country. We haven't had such a luckless jinx of a President since Herbert Hoover.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It's a joke? You're also joking I assume. Just like he was joking when he said he couldn't think of a single mistake he's made? Yeah, funny guy.
HE'S a joke, but not a funny one...a dangerous, incompetent one!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join