It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Threatens To Stop Cooperating With IAEA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Iran tooday, May 7, 2006, announced that if Iran is taken to the Security Council it will stop cooperating with IAEA. They are against any UN resolution against their Nuclear Program. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also seems to have said that Iran would leave the NPT if such right to their nuclear program are violated.

www.nytimes.com
The Iranian government said today that Iran would reject any United Nations resolution that punishes it for its nuclear activities, and threatened to stop cooperating with the United Nations nuclear monitoring agency, the International Atomic Energy Agency.

He added that the involvement of the United Nations Security Council in Iran's nuclear case, and any "incorrect decision" by the council, could turn the path of cooperation into one of confrontation.
"Any measure by the Security Council will have adverse impacts on the trend of the Islamic Republic of Iran's cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency," Mr. Asefi said.

Mr. Asefi said that if Iran's nuclear program is taken up by the Security Council, instead of the I.A.E.A, then "Iran should not be expected to continue its cooperation with the I.A.E.A."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

well that was short lived wasnt it? Not even a week ago I posted an article that they will continue cooperation with the IAEA. Less then a week later, they threaten to stop cooperation if everyone doesn't back down about bringing Iran to the Security Council. Seems like the tension isn't going to go down any in this conflict, only rise.

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

well that was short lived wasnt it? Not even a week ago I posted an article that they will continue cooperation with the IAEA.

Yes, and as soon as the hammer starts falling, you'll see them spin again.

I say enough is too much. Time to deal with those punks. Israel, we got your back.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yeah! Go sign up now

Iran has been in compliance with the NNPT but still Israel and it's puppets in the US government call for more action, without providing a shred of evidence af any wrongdoing. If compliance with the treaty means nothing then why should Iran even bother to remain a signatory?

Who's agenda will be served best by attacking Iran? I just can't see any benefit of an American attack and how it will benefit the American people. Even more expense, even more American dead when Iran retaliates, but I'm sure that's a sacrifice the leaders are willing to make.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A withdrawal from the NPT treaty requires a formal three months notice; as yet Iran is only threatening and (in the unlikely event) must provide an argument for exercising Article X contained in the NPT….imo, simply more of the same from Teheran…waffling and attempts in buying time.

However; Iran has already ignored her obligations under the NPT and agreed additional protocols as part of the NPT… so on its face this anticipated ‘threat to withdraw’ already has little to no meaning.

mg

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
mostly its the part about discontinuing cooperation with the IAEA i think thats more likely. the NPT was from the president and his word to me becomes more and more like that barking dog you just tend to ignore after while, because ya know its outside, and eventually it will just shut up lol. to me hes just running his mouth like our politicians do about helping poor people, its not actually going to happen probably unless they are suddenly forced to do it.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Cooperate....Not cooperate...

Iran has been threatening a lot of stuff..

Didn't they threaten to use a torpedo that even we (the us) could not track...what??

Didn't they also say they had SAM's that could shoot down all of our planes??

www.military.com...

Do they even have flush toilets?? (I am sure the president there does. Why should he go without when he can just keep the population in poverty?)

I am with you jsobecky...
and Israel

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Is it not the right of every country do defend itself?

If Israel has nuclear weapons, why shouldn´t Iran have them?

Because it is a Muslim state? Deny ignorance please....

They have all the money they need to buy all the WMD they like, but they want to exercise their right to develop and expand their nuclear program. So what?

Just because Isreal is hopping mad over this does not give them or anyone the right to interfere I say.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Your correct...

What does give them the right to "interfere" is the open and public threat to ..."Wipe Israel off the face of the earth."

So your correct but for totally different reasons.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well, that should be taken with a grain of salt. Of course they are not going to do that because the desert would be turned into a glass sheet over a 2000mi radius.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gear
A withdrawal from the NPT treaty requires a formal three months notice; as yet Iran is only threatening and (in the unlikely event) must provide an argument for exercising Article X contained in the NPT….imo, simply more of the same from Teheran…waffling and attempts in buying time.

However; Iran has already ignored her obligations under the NPT and agreed additional protocols as part of the NPT… so on its face this anticipated ‘threat to withdraw’ already has little to no meaning.

The additional protocols were voluntary, and they have not ignored any obligations of the NPT.

If you think different please show a source.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It is easy for us to take it with a "grain of salt."
We are not the ones being threatened with genocide....again..

I also find it difficult to underestimate any leader that openly threatens the use of Homicide Bombers in any capacity.
I mean sure, of course HE is not going to strap on any explosives and go meet the virgins. That is for his peasant population. Yet he freely and openly vows that this is the step he will take.

When I see signs being carried in the US with pictures of Mushroom clouds over the Nation of Israel, I tend to get a little "hinkey."

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Your correct...

What does give them the right to "interfere" is the open and public threat to ..."Wipe Israel off the face of the earth."

So your correct but for totally different reasons.

They said that the Zionist Regime should be wiped off the map just like other evil regimes in the past.

He called for Regime Change, not destruction.

Read it in context

Israel has called for the same thing to happen to Iran.

Israeli Ambassador to US Calls for 'Regime Change' in Iran, Syria

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Do they even have flush toilets?? (I am sure the president there does. Why should he go without when he can just keep the population in poverty?)

I am with you jsobecky...
and Israel

are you being serious?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Sorry,
Doesn't sound like a simple regime change to me...

“Israel is a state created by the West and stuck it as a ‘knife in the heart of the Islamic world'… peace will never reign in the region as long as Israel exists and it is a cancerous growth which aspires to destroy the Islamic world”.

and again

“ Israel will disappear from the world map, and a Palestinian state will come in its place, if the Arab states unite against it . If guns from Syria, Jordan, Egypt and Iran start to shell, Israel will not continue to exist. Iran will not change its position regarding Israel or the US.”

and again

“Certainly the region will witness the day when the Zionist regime will cease to exist … the new Intifada of the Palestinian people will not stop despite all the oppressive steps … and just as many events that seemed impossible occurred, the establishment of a Palestinian State and the destruction of Israel will certainly occur.”

Pretty radical regime change.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Sorry,
Doesn't sound like a simple regime change to me...

Regime Change is of course never simple.

It doesn't sound like that to you because you are reading the translation made by the Zionists.

His speech was not in English.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
And of course anything that is positive towards Israel and radical to the extreme when exposed would of course be a "Zionist" translation problem.

So when he says he wants to "destroy Israel" he really meant have tea and cookies?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

And of course anything that is positive towards Israel and radical to the extreme when exposed would of course be a "Zionist" translation problem.

So when he says he wants to "destroy Israel" he really meant have tea and cookies?

He didn't use the word destroy, and he did not say that is what he wanted to do.

Our dear Imam said that the occupying regime must be wiped off the map and this was a very wise statement.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

But we are going way off topic here....

top topics

join