It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Demographic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm sure this may have been answered already but I get a little frustrated trying to find things using the boolean search engine we have here.

Any road up......why oh why do so many ATSers neglect to fill in there locations?

How am I mean't to jump to conclusions and stereotype people if they don't give me the information I require.....

I mean.....would it not be cool if we could get a demographic of our users?

I can think of many good reasons, but the main one is..... I love stats.

[edit on 7-5-2006 by Koka]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

Any road up......why oh why do so many ATSers neglect to fill in there locations?

because we are paranoid nutters , hudled in the dark , in secret bunkers -- wearing tinfoil hats and clutching unrealistically large weapons " for our protection "

How am I mean't to jump to conclusions and stereotype people if they don't give me the information I require.....

stereotyping my ass ....

i believe you are really a pawn of the evil gubermint , sent here to harvest names and locations for the " red list / blue list " snatch squads ??

I mean.....would it not be cool if we could get a demographic of our users?

no ......

I can think of many good reasons, but the main one is..... I love stats.

i can think of many horrbily bad reasons

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It has been done once before, but may be a bit outdated now

The AboveTopSecret.com Membership Demographic Profile

unfortunatly the link to the actual results of the 2004 survey no longer seems to be working, but the thread makes for interesting reading.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Cheers for the link Pantha, it is a bit out of date and although a relatively informative read I would really like to see a graphical representation. I was thinking more along the timeline of ATSs existence, which would show amongst numerous other things how, globally, when ATSers joined and what major events drew them here, if any.

Well done ignorant ape, I already know we are paranoid nutters, I just want to know how we are dispersed across the planet and when and why we came to ATS.

Surely we're not too stupid to believe we can't be traced by the powers that be based on our web activity?

Whats the big deal with telling us what city, country, town or cave you might live in?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That, and if someone at work finds out your on here. It can cause problems, so it's just easiest to leave it blank, and fill in something funny instead, or just plain old sick into the blank. I just like mine blank anyways.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well, there's of course also the ATS Frappr map which has a few hundred ATSers mapped:

ATS Map on Frappr

I'm the stupid looking guy in .fi

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranefly
That, and if someone at work finds out your on here. It can cause problems, so it's just easiest to leave it blank, and fill in something funny instead, or just plain old sick into the blank. I just like mine blank anyways.

Your town would suffice, no need for your desk location and building name.....

Cheers Count thats quite cool, maybe it should be promoted a bit more on this site or in the sign up procedure.

I know.......

I bet the all seeing SkepticOverlord couldn't create something along the lines of what I would like.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Air Mail Only

Aw what the heck. The Town of Guri (or Glie, if you prefer), and I'll even throw in the building: Old Home.

Shirley I jest. ^
^

Some members are more liberal about sharing personal information on the Internet than others, but I think it's a good idea to err on the side of caution.

After all, some ATSers live in countries where expressing controversial opinions can lead to persecution, such as the United States.

And let's not forget that the Internet is worldwide. That means anyone can access it.

Even Osama bin Laden -- or George W. Bush!

You never know.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Is this exact enough for you?

The building is actually a bakery, I rented their "janitor's apartment" a while back. Nice enough to live in, and no neighbours who'd complain about our dogs barking.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure, the link keeps opening up a KML file.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Compound quoting: If you quote someone quoting someone, this will result in a penalty.

Quote the post immediately before yours: This doesn't make much sense, but if you must quote the post before yours, please quote just a small portion.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I'm not sure, the link keeps opening up a KML file.

It's a Google Earth placemark, so you need to have Google Earth installed to see what it's about.
You can download Google Earth from earth.google.com

new topics

top topics

join