It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Cracks in the Facade

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
At this particular juncture if one still feels that this administration has acted honorably they must be paid for these defensive stands or just dumbed down beyond any point of redemption. In contrasting Bush and Clinton, Clinton was merely a more skilled liar.

It's hard to not feel this way YIA, and I am in total agreement but there are some who feel this is all justified. We must respectfully agree to disagree. If there's one thing about America that seems to me to be lacking these days, it's the middle ground where many of us used to meet. Now evereyone is either "red" or "blue," and any disagreement with their view makes your view "extreme." We have really become a classless, even hateful society. While there are many that would dare to differ, I personally believe this began with the rise of talk radio/ Rush Limbaugh. Just My.02 -Wayne

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I agree. The talk show hosts became the opium to the masses. And as a result, people can't sort the wheat from the chaff. At this point of time, it's hard to even distinguish was the truth is. There's been so many lies told, that it seems like doublespeak to me.

Besides, we have gotten to a point in society that now anyone who tries to question what the government is doing is seen as a traitor. The only other recourse, in a society like this is to ignore what the government is doing in order to be called a patriot.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

At this particular juncture if one still feels that this administration has acted honorably they must be paid for these defensive stands or just dumbed down beyond any point of redemption. In contrasting Bush and Clinton, Clinton was merely a more skilled liar.

Well I am certainly not paid and the only thing "dumbed down" is an all encompassing statement that "assumes" your "opinion" to be absolute and the opinion of others to be, again, "dumbed down."

Just because people disagree, does not indicate wrong or right. It very simply means.....yes.....wait for it....

They Disagree.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Another one of grover's ploys?...

You know what is more of a shame? That people like Grover keep trying to deny the tons of evidence and information which has been given against almost everything they claim, yet these people want to claim "it's all made up by the U.S. government"....

Is this the change that ATSNN was going to take? To make it more of a "let's attack the supporters of president Bush, the Bush administration and everyone that thinks differently from us?....

After 2 years of discussions, more than that for some members, and presenting evidence, which people like grover would always claim "it must have been put there by the Bush administration" because he/they can not fanthom that most of the world believed exactly what the Bush administration said since before the war started, which "their own intelligence agencies said the same thing"....

Yet to this day these same people just want to lay the blame on one person, one political party and those members who support that political party....

i fear that soon enough, if it hasn't already, and because of a certain group of people, ATSNN will become more and more another "Rense.com" site....

And the greatest shame is that it seems that the staff is going along with this change. Is this the way to deny bias?.... by insulting and demeaning anyone that does not immediately subscribes to the exagerations that people like grover like to spread?...

Is this what "Deny Ignorance" means now too?

This isn't a "bash Bush" forum, it's a "anti-anything that remotely resembles Christianity" forum. Though there are many Christians who post here and do great work at putting forth the Gospel as it really is rather than as man wishes it were, there continues to be that hardcore, satanically inspired bunch who want anarchy and chaos. And you know what, you're gonna get exactly what you have faith for.

But will you love your own opinion then?

I really, really wonder.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
????? What Tha???

Was this a religious thread and I missed it somewhere?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by happness

This isn't a "bash Bush" forum, it's a "anti-anything that remotely resembles Christianity" forum. Though there are many Christians who post here and do great work at putting forth the Gospel as it really is rather than as man wishes it were, there continues to be that hardcore, satanically inspired bunch who want anarchy and chaos. And you know what, you're gonna get exactly what you have faith for.

But will you love your own opinion then?

I really, really wonder.

Please, "satanically inspired" because some disagree with you. Let the Witch burning begin.

It's this type of arrogant attitude that makes me ashamed to be a Christian.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Anti- Christian? Far from it bud. Even though some of you take me to task for my adversion to the bush administration my world view and the politics that come from it are deeply rooted in the tolerance and compassion I found as a young man in reading the gospels...In fact I would rather say it is you people who insist on only one way of reading the gospels and interpert them to support your right wing views as being the ones who are actually satanic and anti christian.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by happnesssatanically inspired bunch who want anarchy and chaos. And you know what, you're gonna get exactly what you have faith for.

Originally posted by whaaa Please, "satanically inspired" because some disagree with you. Let the Witch burning begin.

It's this type of arrogant attitude that makes me ashamed to be a Christian.

Are you one who wants anarchy and chaos? If not, then why are you offended at my addressing those who do?

You're ashamed to be a Christian because of something I said in a way you find displeasing? What kind of Christian are you then? A humanistic Christian who depends on nice-nice making, man-pleasing gruel? A closet agnostic "Christian" who is nearer unbeliever? How can you even dream of saying you're "ashamed to be a Christian" because of what you perceive as my attitude? Do you think I am the propagator of Christianity? I thought that was Christ?

Let me see what part of my post offended your Christian sentiments: Was it the thought that satan has a part in inspiring movements of anarchy and chaos in mankind?

Have you not seen that there are those who post anti-Christian sentiments wildly, uncaring as to the truth, (or even pc wording, which inevitably is reserved for those who totally disregard our God and His righteousness) iin their insane desire to see all things revolving around God and Jesus smashed into oblivion?

If you are a true Christian then I am your sister and you my brother or sister, and yet you take me to task because my words "make you ashamed to be a Christian"? I'm ashamed of your disloyal, daisy-picking attitude.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I hate to get in the middle of this, but what does this have to do with commentary about the Bush Administration or his policies?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Bush and his Skull and Bones crew were always out to start wars if not for monetary gains, then most certainly for personal satisfaction, something for him and his mates to gloat over.
his mob may not have been the ones that flew the planes in to the wtc buildings but his administration pre-empted the attack through intel and rigged it to enact an implosion with all intentions in creating the buildings to fall down. the plans ready to be implemented to start wars
put simply bush used 3 planes worth say 12 million to create a wealth in the trillions of dollars mark. embezlement in the first degree at the detrement of the soldiers
how did the US know iraq had WMD? they had the reciepts
doesn't israel have WMD? nuclear capabilities
i might pre-empt that they are going to bomb australia. we should go to war with them before they decide to use them against us (sarcasm) oh yeah and old arial sharon is a bit of a dictator too. coz i live in that country and know everything about how he treats his ppl. now Iran seems to not want to agree with the Nuclear non proliferation policy (god forbid that they use nuclear energy to create developement in their country without answering to bush and his thugs) we should probably go to war with them. the raving lunacy of a president without warm blood in his veins (but dont forget God is on his side) God Bless America with bush as your shepard, continue to be sheep.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
HOW DARE YOU ASSUME TO JUDGE WHO IS A CHRISTIAN AND WHO ISN'T BASED ON YOUR VERSION OF IT. Remember Jesus condemned the self-righteous and arrogant he also enjoined us to love and to be tolerant, to show compassion and mercy towards our fellow man. NOT intolerance and judgementalism.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Grover
For once I agree with you completely

That is one truly audacious statement and I don't see the significance as to this thread.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Well I am certainly not paid and the only thing "dumbed down" is an all encompassing statement that "assumes" your "opinion" to be absolute and the opinion of others to be, again, "dumbed down."

Just because people disagree, does not indicate wrong or right. It very simply means.....yes.....wait for it....

They Disagree.

Just keep doing your best not to fall into that same mode of thinking, semperfortis.

While there are many that would dare to differ, I personally believe this began with the rise of talk radio/ Rush Limbaugh. Just My.02 -Wayne

But I thought Air America Radio was supposed to be the great equalizer? Why do you think talk radio is becoming so popular?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Grover
For once I agree with you completely

That is one truly audacious statement and I don't see the significance as to this thread.

And thank you both for making my point so very well. As for HOW I DARE ASSUME, Grover, you are the only one who was assuming anything, such as the right to decide what is a 'PROPER and CHRISTIAN' attitude. I asked you what kind of Christian you are, not whether you are one or not, which you chose to turn into a scream out on HOW I DARE TO ASSUME, same ol' diversionary tactcs the likes of your pal, semperfortis, might use and then you YELL YOUR ANSWER, as if that makes it any more important.

What kindof Christian are you?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Happness, would you kindly please stick to the topic?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Great post Grover, I don't know how I missed this thread until now.

Sadly I don't think the neocons are done screwing up this country, I think they intend to lead us into another pointless Middle East war before they're done, this time in Iran, as a sort of spiteful parting gift. And it's going to make Iraq look like a picnic.

If there's any sort of silver lining to this, it's the political damage they've done to the loony right in this country. With Bush's approval ratings in the toilet, I think this particlar brand of right wing populism (it's not conservatism, these people are decidedly not conservatives: just look at federal spending over the last six years) is going to be permanently undercut.

Unfortunately the major opposition is nearly as bad as the neocons: reflexively authoritarian, fundamentally dishonest, cynical and corrupt. We've got a long way to go before we have any truly decent options in this country, until then we're stuck voting for the lesser of two evils.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yours is the typical ploy...make a outlandish claim such as this is an anti-christian posting and then affect hurt indignation when people take exception to it. What kind of christian are YOU???

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
BTW, Here's a little tidbit about that "liberal bias" so many neocons like to rave about. It will surprise a few, but not most of us. The best part is, there's an actual investigation this time.......have a looksee..
news.independent.co.uk...

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rwearjr
BTW, Here's a little tidbit about that "liberal bias" so many neocons like to rave about. It will surprise a few, but not most of us. The best part is, there's an actual investigation this time.......have a looksee..
news.independent.co.uk...

very interesting, old news but nonetheless pertinet to this discussion, Thanks Rwearjr.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
No Prob Grov......The news itself is kinda old, but the article is daisy fresh :-)

[edit on 30-5-2006 by Rwearjr]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join