It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have dreams of the future, can anyone tell me why??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Greetings all, i hope you are well.

This may seem a little strange but sometimes i have dreams that i am in a certain place or doing a certain thing like washing the car or going to the chemist or sometimes even getting a question answered by someone.
The strange thing is some of these things actually happen .
They are like premonisions or something but i have to be standing in the write place or move a certain way or something like that and then all of a sudden its like a trigger that goes off and sais "HEY!!! i dreamed this""
The funny thing is, its not untill the event i dream of actually happens that i realise that i dreamt about it.
This has been happening to me all my life and i cant understand why.
My question is , has anyone had any similar experiencess?
Or if there is anyone out there that can offer an explanation as to why this happens to me i would be very appreciative if you could tell me what you know.
Sometimes i have very graphic dreams and very bad nightmares and they make me worry and think about certain things like "what if that actually happens??"

If there is anyone out there that can help or offer some sort of opinion,viewpoint or explanation i would be greatly appreciative.
I am a very pacifistic and spiritual person and i would just like to know what causes these things to happen.

I would value all opinions and respect all points of veiw.

Thank you
Omega85

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
First, separate out the precognitive dreams from the nightmares, as they might not be the same. The "nightmares" might be telling you something about your Life using dream symbols, to awaken you to something. I wondered, too, about those precognitive dreams, but now I just enjoy the experience. The dreams that appeared to foretell something unpleasant I use as a "cushion" to lessen the impact of something that happens; I see it more like a mental/emotional preparation. I'll keep looking here for other replies.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I began precognitive dreaming when I was 4. At first it was usually as you described, that I didn't remember the dream until the event was actually taking place, then I would have a Eureka moment and realise - Hey! I dreamed this!

I am 36 now. Over the years this ability progressed to the point where I do remember my dreams when I wake up and then some time later the event happens. Sometimes it happens within 2 weeks, sometimes it takes a month or more. In one case it took 6 months or better.

There are a great many theories as to why this happens.

On one end of the spectrum there is this theory: Dreams are a part of the process through which the brain encodes information to be stored. It involves memory and is a process of information storage and retrieval. When something happens in our waking life we feel as though we remember it from a dream when it is really not the case. The event is more like a glitch of the memory. We only think we dreamed it.

On the other end of the spectrum we have theories about the supernatural. This could be attributed to anything from psychic abilities to contact with extra terrestrials. I have even given much thought to the 'all time is now' perspective and considered that perhaps that has something to do with it, even though I hardly ever dream of the past. Most of my dreaming is of the future.

Precognitive dreaming is a specialty of mine and I have been researching what is known about dreaming for many years.

Omega85, would you mind answering a few questions?

One, have you ever experienced any unusual (or supernatural) events or entities?

Two, do you have dreams that you are not in?

Three, do you have any neurological abnormalities? Tumours? Head injuries? Anything?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
I began precognitive dreaming when I was 4. At first it was usually as you described, that I didn't remember the dream until the event was actually taking place, then I would have a Eureka moment and realise - Hey! I dreamed this!

I am 36 now. Over the years this ability progressed to the point where I do remember my dreams when I wake up and then some time later the event happens. Sometimes it happens within 2 weeks, sometimes it takes a month or more. In one case it took 6 months or better.

There are a great many theories as to why this happens.

On one end of the spectrum there is this theory: Dreams are a part of the process through which the brain encodes information to be stored. It involves memory and is a process of information storage and retrieval. When something happens in our waking life we feel as though we remember it from a dream when it is really not the case. The event is more like a glitch of the memory. We only think we dreamed it.

On the other end of the spectrum we have theories about the supernatural. This could be attributed to anything from psychic abilities to contact with extra terrestrials. I have even given much thought to the 'all time is now' perspective and considered that perhaps that has something to do with it, even though I hardly ever dream of the past. Most of my dreaming is of the future.

Precognitive dreaming is a specialty of mine and I have been researching what is known about dreaming for many years.

Omega85, would you mind answering a few questions?

One, have you ever experienced any unusual (or supernatural) events or entities?

Two, do you have dreams that you are not in?

Three, do you have any neurological abnormalities? Tumours? Head injuries? Anything?

greetings.
in answer to your post .

1.i have seen spirits before or ghosts some may call them, i also recently experienced seeing what is commonly refered to as a "Shadow Person".
Im not sure about this but there was recently some odd activity in my house .
though i have had these dreams since i was a little kid.

2. i am in the dreams allthough i am seeing them through my eyes, as if i am really there .

3. nope none at all.

I look forward to your answers

Omega

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow

Wellwhatnow, I once considered this as a possibility, but had to dismiss this as the ultimate explanation, as I would review my dreams after I wake up. So if I recalled the dream the day I had it, it didn't make sense that it was a processing glitch months later when the event happened. There is usually more than one dream involved of an event, also, for me. I don't try to "pedict the future", as I don't "see" the specific event; I just know when it happens, I am not expending emotional energy on it (as that seems to be what the dream allowed me to do at the time), allowing me to put my energy into dealing with the situation.
I'm glad you're studying dreams. Western culture has sorely lost dream work in modern times. Dream understanding has helped me get through major shifts in my Life's direction. I didn't discover dreamwork (interpreting dream symbols) unfortunately until wellll into adulthood.

If this will help your studies, I've never seen a ghost, etc; I'm not in all my dreams; my family says I fell out of my highchair as a child, and I have the scar on my forehead as a result--stopped breathing, but don't know if that was from concussion or maybe from crying too much.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Sure, the answers from both of you will generally help. Although I will likely never be able to prove anything as my studies are not scientific enough - accumulating information does help to give me a sense of who this happens to - and maybe someday I'll have some solid theory as to why it happens.

I have heard the term 'shadow person' used many times recently, but I do not yet have enough information about them.

So what, if any, theories do you two have about what could cause this?

desert - I agree, I reject the theory also in the case when one has clear recall of the dream before the event ever takes place.

Omega85 - what is the nature of the odd activity in your house?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here's a current thread on shadow people

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

You could do an ATS search for other threads mentioning shadow people. I haven't an idea what they could be. There's still so much I don't know...a lot more than I'll ever know

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Okay, after some reading I understand. I did have a shadow person in my house at one time, I just didn't call it such. This is, in fact the very reason I joined ATS. I had some unusual contact with some beings that I can't explain and for a long time I believed that they were the source of my precognitive dreams. I now know that precognitive dreaming is not rare, where as contact with paranormal beings certainly is. It looks like there can be no link between the two.

Anyway, I am still looking for answers about the dreams. I don't think it is going to be possible to find answers concerning the beings I saw. The whole idea of them is just too far flung.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The odd happenings in my house are as follows.
last night i saw something moving and when i went to have a look there was nothing there.
Shadow person.
some poltergeist like activity , a window pain in my house was taken out of the window while i was asleep and moved across the room and sat on the couch arm.This is odd because i asked my gf why she had taken the window out and she didnt know what i was on about so i sent her a pic and she had no idea what happend, she said that when she left for work that morning it wasnt like that but when i woke up it was.

many thanks
Omega85

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
omega, you describe me to a "t." i have had exactly the same experiences all of my life. i actually started writing down my dreams at one point so as to prove to myself that it wasnt some kind of "memory glitch." i havent recorded any of my dreams for quite some time, but i do still have the "oh yeah, i dreamed that" moments.

yes, i have dealt with ghostly activity....had an entity in my old house that liked playing quarters. he would toss quarters from a jar on my kitchen counter into empty glasses on the counter. he also liked to flicker the lights on and off.....usually when i was watching something on tv that he didnt like. i'd change the channel and he'd stop. amiable enough guy really.

anyway, those are my experiences.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85
...last night i saw something moving and when i went to have a look there was nothing there.
Shadow person.
some poltergeist like activity...

Very interesting stuff.

Have you tried keeping a dream journal?
I know that if one keeps a dream journal long enough, one tends to remember more and more of their dreams. In our case, we might tend to remember more of our dreams before that "I dreamed this" moment. That way you really know what is going to take place before you are right in the middle of it.

After I began to keep a dream journal I began to remember dreams of hearing news broadcasts. I would hear the news in my dreams, and then a couple of weeks later, that event would take place.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
i havent got a dream journal no.
I will start one though.
what do u do with it?

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Omega, your post reminded me of myself years ago. I think we all search for the whys, and hows. We all want to prove it to others mainly so we dont look as looney as we feel. I feel I have found my answers, and now I am at peace with it. However, finding the answers led me on a more intence road with more responsibilities. Maybe the answers I have found will help you.

First of all, dont concern yourself with the hows. Rest assured that you will know after your time here is up.

As for why, now this is my opinion on the matter, these are the answers I have found. I believe that we are headed for troubled times like we have never seen before. I also believe that we are getting seriously close to the second comming. I believe that we have this gift to help save others, to help cary out Gods master plan. I know that after I came to accept this, my dreams became more intence, and I now had a responsibility to others. I finaly found the courage to tell those who can be directly involved. By doing so, I found that even the dreams I blew off were real. I also found that many lives were going to be saved because I started acting on it, instead of keeping it to myself. You see, I started asking God what I was supposed to do. I accepted the fact that he gave me this gift. While I asked, I pulled out my bible, and every single time it landed on the same thing. It is the part where Jesus explains that if someone has a gift and only uses it to help those in his own house he is not doing Gods work. Only one who will reach out and help everyone will be doing Gods work. The way I think of it, is that there is a battle heating up between good and evil, and this is our way of helping, our way of fighting. Maybe we all have something else in common. I know that as a very small child, hearing the bible stories, I always told God I wanted to help, and asked him if I could. "ask and ye shall recieve" he gave me a way to help.

I hope this helps. I know how scary it can be to have this gift, and have nightmares not knowing what was going to come true, and how ratteling it is to see spirits at first. If you ever need help sorting things out, or even just need to get one off your chest, please feel free to u2u me. I was lucky, I had a Grandmother and sister who helped me sift through my dreams. I know how scary and frustrating all this can be. I would really like to help. I feel that this gift we have (including the above posters) is VERY important. Therefore, I feel it is important to help others work through their gifts so that they can take themselfs to higher levels.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Dreams can be very interesting. If you believe you are dreaming about the future, use it to your advantage if it doesn't hurt anyone. If you dream a big storm is coming, do a little bit of preparation and help others.

Many people will not believe that anyone can realistically dream about the future let alone the guy next door or a relative. Some dreams will result simply from the tangled mess of information your brain sees or hears throughout the day.

I don't even try to figure out all my crazy dreams especially when they start going lucid. For instance today, I was sleepy and went to sleep during the daytime. In my dream I encountered some vampires and I was talking to a female vampire. She was friends to a group who were also vampires.

Anyway the male leader got me ticked off and I destroyed him and a few others but I left the original female vampire alone or else I simply woke up. Now if I try to figure that one out, I'll just be scratching my head for awhile. However, I will stay on the lookout for pretty alluring females who may not seem all they appear to be.

Note: I heard on the radio station the other day about some woman called up because she had a bad dream that a red car was going to run a traffic light and hit this guy or DJ on the radio station. The radio guy said she felt she had to warn him or she would feel bad. The radio guy stated now he'll worry about some red car or some other car hitting him as he goes through an intersection every time now for a year or two. That's a case where I think a warning is not helpful. If you believe something will happen, you can do things without realizing it that will make it more likely to happen.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85
Greetings all, i hope you are well.

This may seem a little strange but sometimes i have dreams that i am in a certain place or doing a certain thing like washing the car or going to the chemist or sometimes even getting a question answered by someone.
The strange thing is some of these things actually happen .
They are like premonisions or something but i have to be standing in the write place or move a certain way or something like that and then all of a sudden its like a trigger that goes off and sais "HEY!!! i dreamed this""
The funny thing is, its not untill the event i dream of actually happens that i realise that i dreamt about it.
This has been happening to me all my life and i cant understand why.
My question is , has anyone had any similar experiencess?
Or if there is anyone out there that can offer an explanation as to why this happens to me i would be very appreciative if you could tell me what you know.
Sometimes i have very graphic dreams and very bad nightmares and they make me worry and think about certain things like "what if that actually happens??"

If there is anyone out there that can help or offer some sort of opinion,viewpoint or explanation i would be greatly appreciative.
I am a very pacifistic and spiritual person and i would just like to know what causes these things to happen.

I would value all opinions and respect all points of veiw.

Thank you
Omega85

i myself experience this very often... i feel that it is a gift. You are seeing the future in your dreams as do i. Life has been layed out and for some reason we have the ablity to witness the future...whether it be a couple days into the future or a couple years... the term dejavu is a good way to describe what is happeneing. most of dejavu experiences are dreams that become reality.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hey, Omega85, that's just wild... I registered specifically to respond to this thread, because I've had the same thing happening to me since I was a little kid, but particularly since I hit around 10 years old.

I've taken to calling it "pre-ja vu" (stupid, I know) because it's not quite the same thing as deja vu, which I periodically experience as well.

The wildest thing is, I'll remember the dream when I wake up, then forget it over the next day or so (usually by the end of the day I had the dream, it's forgotten).

Then, as the situation I dreamed about starts to occur, I remember the dream just before it comes to pass in reality. It'll be too fast for me to stop it, but for example I'll remember a conversation just before I have it or witness it, but for some reason I can never stop and say I remember it before it happens.

It's really weird.

I never experience this with anything "important" though; it's always random things like a conversation most often.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Greetings all, i hope u r all well.

Indeed i cannot say that i have dreamed anything important on a larg scale though i do believe that there are certain "triggers" if u will that will remind someone that they had these dreams, such as a certain step u walk or something u look at.
Interesting read, i would like to have a look at this from all angles and i appreciate all your responses.
ALSO Welcome to ATS Farscry
Enjoy your stay with us as this is truly a wonderfull place

Omega

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Anything new Omega?

Any new activity or additional precognitive dreams?

I had a dream come true yesterday and while it was happening I thought about how many other people experience this. All though I have no idea how many people actually do this, I have spoken to over 1100 people who say they have experienced it. There are simply too many of us doing this for it to be some odd coincidence or just the rantings of loonies. I could never believe that all of the 1100 + could be lying or nutty. Since we are highly unlikely to discover the actual cause of this, the best we can do is to find ways to use it.

I use mine to prepare myself, family, and friends for things with which they will have a hard time coping.

I use it to avoid unfortunate events, although I usually fail at this. What ever it is usually happens regardless of the actions I take.

I also use this phenomenon for encouragement and reassurance. For example, let's say that I have a decision to make. I make the decision and because of it I find myself in a situation that I dreamed about. I feel that because a dream is coming true, then I probably made the right decision. I know this is rather inaccurate. After all, just because I predicted I would be in a situation doesn't mean that it was the right situation in which to be. Still I end up with a feeling of reassurance.

Tell me how you use yours and what feelings you get about it.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I agree with many of the comments offered here.

However, there is another factor to these experiences many should become aware of to help with the analysis and one's own participation in what is occurring.

First, the spiritual circuits have been opened far beyond what has been experienced on the planet before or ever. The intention by our spiritual administrators is to open the mind to a wider conscious participation. It is almost as though there is too much to process at times, but they have their reasons.

As a result, those minds which are prepared to undertake the change have been going through a re-genesis. Such a growth pattern can result in some rather bizarre dream states until things settle down within the psyche.

The mind does not operate through material laws, but operates within a proscribed area of thought produced by the indwelling spirit who are preparing each who may withstand the change easily, to recognize a new spiritual presence on our planet.

This is the second thing people who are interested in this whole are of mind expansion should be aware of.

There is preparation for an incarnation of a Son of God. Minds are being adjusted to recognize his presence and his work-mission. His spiritual presence already dwells on the planet. He is active with all minds capable of his spsiritual presence. Many will be called who can help this world overcome the static and negative conditions that have accumulated over the millennia through is coordination.

Do not be too surprised to have dreams that are specific as to how YOU will experience the changed conditions to be faced in the next few years and decades. These self-interpretive dreams are sometimes hard to recognize as to be self-applied, and not to be applied to others or a situation outside of the self.

Difficulties of understanding abound until expereince with this type of dream state makes them useful particularily when persons are also discharging the junk information to clear the mind for more efficient operation.

Precognitive dreaming is a gift of each indwelling spirit within each mind. They do it for a reason, but it is up to the individual receiving the gift to hone it and make it useful for service to others. It can take many years of careful evaluation to bring this kind of consciousness into sharp focus to be dependable.

Best wishes for a long career in the pursuit of the service for spiritual progress on this planet.

Ron

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aronolac
First, the spiritual circuits have been opened far beyond what has been experienced on the planet before or ever. The intention by our spiritual administrators is to open the mind to a wider conscious participation. It is almost as though there is too much to process at times, but they have their reasons.

Upon what are you basing this? Who are these spiritual administrators?

Originally posted by Aronolac
There is preparation for an incarnation of a Son of God. Minds are being adjusted to recognize his presence and his work-mission. His spiritual presence already dwells on the planet.

Am I right to assume you are talking about a Christian second coming of Jesus kind of thing?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join