It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iraq really have WMD's Rumsfeld or are you lying to the world including the American people the

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Ok this was a press conference and look how Rumsfeld got choked up and couldn't proove any WMD's in Iraq despite the fact he said earlier there was factual evidence that Iraq did have WMDs and that there was a link between Saddam and al qaeda even though there wasn't any proof between the two, and than he goes onto saying how Saddam gassed the Iranians yet still all those WMD's were supplyed by him to Iraq, Does this meeting look fimiliar to all of you?, do you know what happened next?.... Like they say, A picture is worth a thousand words.

link below for the conference.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-5-2006 by Mehran]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This isnt news mehran, we are aware of their previous role in supplying the gas that killed the iranians.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
This isnt news mehran, we are aware of their previous role in supplying the gas that killed the iranians.

and what was "
" that suppose to mean?, so your actually happey or proud of your country giving the so called Supporter of world wide terrorism WMD's to use on human beings?. I bet your happey too that your country nuked japan just for the fun of it....

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

and what was "
" that suppose to mean?, so your actually happey or proud of your country giving the so called Supporter of world wide terrorism WMD's to use on human beings?. I bet your happey too that your country nuked japan just for the fun of it....

no, thats not what the thumbs up meant, it meant the world is going to find out the role these men have, who currently hijacked the government and is right at this moment convening the security council to destroy your country......

These men, rumsfeld, the bush's, they all have special interests.....

The USA may have supplied the weapons, but who ultimately used them?

The bombing of Japan was for a reason you will probably never understand....

ask your pals the russians about the japanese..... ask them about the islands the japanese took from them..... why do you think the russians never gave a declaration of war on Japan until they knew the US was going to drop the bomb?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted by Mehran
Rumsfeld got choked up and couldn't prove any WMD's in Iraq despite the fact he said earlier there was factual evidence that Iraq did have WMDs and that there was a link between Saddam and al Qaeda . . [Edited by Don W]

I noted others have reprimanded you for bringing up old news. Rumsfeld, who I call “the Oberfuhrer” and who along with Geo W himself, VP Cheney, and Sec Condo Rice, I have labeled as America’s own Gang of Four, will say anything the circumstances require. None of the Gang of Four give us any credit. They hold us in general disdain.

I have one more issue that rarely gets public treatment. It is the papers Sec Powell waved in his “post-woodshed visit with Geo W" speech at the UN in February, 2003. Barely a month before the March 18 launch of the War of Iraq with what was boasted to be a “decapitation” strke. About as accurate as the May 1 proclamation by our Maximum Leader on the USS Abraham Lincoln, “Mission Accomplished” which I’m sure he - Geo W - really believed. His l e g a c y was made! All that remained was himself appearing in a grand parade down Baghdad’s main street with VP Cheney along side him, and the happy Iraqis throwing flowers! Wow! Talk about visionaries! They would more likely be greeted with an IED.

I digressed. The IAEA’s DG, Mohamed Eibaradei, which was founded in 1957 at Pres. Eisenhower’s instigation, repeatedly said there were no WMDs in Iraq, but asked for more time to look further. Apparently the CIA was “jerking them around” by feeding them one lead at a time. Sort of a “twisting in the wind” treatment. Oops, I digressed again.

Q. The Niger Saddam yellow uranium connection. I admit I am not privily to the significance of “yellow” vis a vis uranium. As of now, I assume uranium (a metal) is colored yellow. Anyone please help me on that. OTOH, I cannot see Niger processing metallic uranium from ore. Unless the ore is staggeringly rich. In my youth, ptichblende was the source of uranium. Now, Sec Powell held up some papers which he asserted “proved” Saddam had sought “yellow” uranium from Niger. The next day, Mr. Eibaradei declared the papers were forged. Later, maybe 2 weeks later, the US quietly admitted the papers origins were "suspect" or “questionable.” To put it mildly.

So, who forged the papers?

I offer that Saddam did not forge the papers. I offer than Niger did not forge the papers. Where did the papers “come” from? Sec Powell laid it squarely on the Brits MI6. Uh oh. I can’t see the Brit’s doing that gratuitously. Instead, I see the Oval Office ordering the CIA to make the forgeries, then forwarding them to MI6, which then returned them to the State Department under their imprimatur, and Sec Powell was “sucker-punched” into lying in public. That's my take on the forged papers. What’s yours?

Oh, Mehran, what does the Farsi 'SAVAK' mean in English? My Iranian friends do not hold SAVAK in high regard. Quite the contrary.

[edit on 5/7/2006 by donwhite]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A couple of interesting things about the TV report. One was seeing women manhandled (pardon the infelicitous phrase) out of the audience: one expects to see security guards involved with this, but to see members of the audience trying to snatch the banners from the protesters was an ugly thing.

The other was that Ray McGovern was heckled for actually posing Rumsfeld a tough question. The audience were heavily critical of his question, and then laughed sycophantically at Rumsfeld's effort to distract from it by saying that troops weren't wearing NBC suits because they liked the style. Also, you may notice that the same security guard who manhandled the women protestors is standing RIGHT BESIDE Ray McGovern... I wonder if it's the same one who, as soon as he'd asked the first part of his question, came up to McGovern and tried to elbow him into sitting down, according to this interview?

JUAN GONZALEZ: And, Ray, when you were asking the questions, at one point off camera, you were saying, “This is America.” What was happening at that point?

RAY McGOVERN: Well, curiously enough, a very large man came down with a white coat on, and he stuck his elbow into my chest and started pushing me back. And I pushed back, literally and figuratively.

What kind of appalling bullying tactic is that? If you've seen the video you'll note that McGovern is no spring chicken.

Not a good night for truth, freedom of speech, or the reputation of the US government.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted by XphilesPhan
The (1) bombing of Japan was for a reason you will probably never understand . . ask your pals the Russians about the Japanese . . ask them about the islands the Japanese took from them . . why do you think the Russians never gave a (2) declaration of war on Japan until they knew the US was going to drop the bomb? [Edited by Don W]

(1) Tsarist Russia was unexpectedly humiliated by its defeat at hands of the Japanese in the 1905-06 War. The Japanese replaced the Russians as the suzerainty of Manchuria. Manchuria had natural resources the Japanese desperately needed to industrialize their country. Around 1931, Japan took full control of Manchuria, and installed a puppet monarch and changed the name to Manchuko. Of course, the Russians had asserted their claims in Manchuria in total disregard to China’s better claims. In 1945, Manchuria fell under a pro-Soviet regime, to be replaced in 1949 with Mao Zedong’s CP. I don’t know anything about Manchurians or their history. Are they ‘happy’ to be under Beijing? Is Port Darien the capital?

(2) The Soviets had already lost perhaps 10 million men under arms and more than that number of civilians. Even Stalin has to be concerned over what that does to the birth rates in the next 2 generations. The only way for Stalin move his army to its Far East coast - Vladivostok - was over the Trans-Siberian railway. Then a single track line. It would have taken 2 years to move a fully equipped million man army. Maybe never if Japan had bombed the line. Stalin had no intention of becoming fully engaged in the Pacific War. It was pure opportunism on his part to enter the war. And, it worked well for him. And it cost us nothing.

(2A) Beginning December 8, 1941, the American public’s antipathy towards Japan was constantly stressed. By 1945, it had been ramped up high enough to support an invasion of Japan’s 4 main islands in far larger numbers than we had employed on either Iwo Jima or Okinawa. We sustained high loss rates in both of those campaigns. In fact, the US Navy lost over 5,000 KIA in the Battle of Okinawa, more than in any other US naval battle in our history.

Had the American public learned after the anticipated Japanese landings, that the US had a secret weapon that would have very likely ended the war advantageously to us, and not to have used it, Pres. Harry Truman would have been impeached. He would have been branded another Benedict Arnold. History moves inexorably although that is much easier to see in hindsight.

Watch closely this Administration’s attempt to ramp up the US into an Iranian war frenzy. So far, it is falling mainly on deaf ears. Let’s hope that does not change.

American Freedom Day! Jan. 20, 2009.

[edit on 5/7/2006 by donwhite]

top topics

join