It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think if aliens invaded Earth would have a chance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Not a big chance maybe like 10 percent.

All the contact that many different countries have had with aliens,and all the reengineered alien technology we've stolen, or that they given us.
With all this we should at least have a understanding what to do if they attached or have a chance to protect us.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Or so you think ...

lol, I think that if "aliens" attacked us, we would have no defense whatsoever. We would try, yeah, but miserably fail.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
I think if aliens invaded Earth would have a chance

Sounds like you just watched the movie Independance Day.

If aliens exist, they have the technology enabling them to visit from other systems ......... humans have the technology to get to, oh yeah, all the way to Earths moon !! WOOHOOO !!

NN

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
holy begging the question batman

even accepting your assumptions as true , your " alien invaders " KNOW what we have of thiers , and understand the streghs and weaknesses of this " stolen / reverse enginered tech " far better tha we can / do

think about that for a while

the most blatant example of how simply having toys , is wrthless is the projections of " what if " the IAF [ isreal ] went to war with the egyptian airforce . both have F16s -- and every study availiable predicts an overwhelming isreli victory

the egyptian training and doctrine [ largely STILL following soviet 70s era models ] is having to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century

its not what you have got , its what you do with it that counts .

besides -- these " aliens " of yours will have numeric superiority -- and the high ground -- we currently have ZERO space capabal combat capacity

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Intergalactic Travel
What does that entail?
First and foremost a civilization advanced far beyond our own.
That speaks volumes to our way of thinking. To us, intelligence would equal enlightenment and thus peaceful. That is assuming they even have thought processes similar to our own. (shades of STNG)

So along your line of thinking, they attack. The one and only thing we would have in our corner is the undefinable human spirit. The technology needed to travel the stars is so far beyond us that in a fight we would seem as 5 year olds in the WWE.

Sorry, but in your scenario, we lose and lose big.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
we wouldnt need intergalactic travel. If They want the planet they attack some other way.

If they dont want it, THEN were screwed

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Semperfortis hit the main point. Any civilization that has harnessed technology to successfully travel to our planet, especially with an army has pretty good odds of defeating us.

In the case that we were actually attacked, I can only imagine that the only way we could hurt their cause it nuking the world a few times over to make it uninhabitable.

However there are more less physically destructive means. I would think they could possibly engineer a biological attack against humans, leaving the rest of the world free from hurt.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Like i said before, we will be nuked by our own nukes and then machines will finnish us off terminator style.After that they will terraform the planet to make it ready for colonization.A biological attack to kill only humans is also possible but it will only take longer that way, it would also kill animals or damage the enviroment to much.

Hey at least we have Chuck Norris

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
My hopes for the survival of man when it comes down to it.. lie with Chuck Norris, Hulk Hogan and Jack Bauer.. God bless their soul.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Imagine you’re moving into a beautiful new house and during the pre-move in inspection you realize it has a bug problem. You call in the exterminator and destroy all the bugs and then happily move into your new digs.

That is the exact same scenario as if an alien species decided to invade earth. We have a beautiful little planet in a nice section of the universe and they are the new tenants. They are just cleaning up the bug problem before they move in.

We do the exact same thing each time we move into a new place and find it has bugs.

Just my thoughts on it.

wupy

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
earth has a better chance if aliens invaded, without humans of course!

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
oops

[edit on 14-5-2006 by DalairTheGreat]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
That's right, the dolphins have our back!!I don't think that we're the only species with a vested interest in this planet. I figure if aliens attack we'll have the Subterranian Reptilians on Earth's side, along with the Sasquach race fighting as ground troops. THen Dolphins and the Runan Shah race for sub-aquatic fights. I figure the current inhabitants of Earth would have a pretty good chance. Plus, there might be some of that world unity based on a common enemy thing happenin. Unless, of course, our government has been making deals with the invading aliens the whole time, in which case who knows.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
That's right, the dolphins have our back!!I don't think that we're the only species with a vested interest in this planet. I figure if aliens attack we'll have the Subterranian Reptilians on Earth's side, along with the Sasquach race fighting as ground troops. THen Dolphins and the Runan Shah race for sub-aquatic fights. I figure the current inhabitants of Earth would have a pretty good chance. Plus, there might be some of that world unity based on a common enemy thing happenin. Unless, of course, our government has been making deals with the invading aliens the whole time, in which case who knows.

Maybe....just maybe.... aliens, reptilians, dolphins, sasquatch, orbs & rods, nesse and all other super natural entities, are conspiraing together against humans

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Maybe....just maybe.... aliens, reptilians, dolphins, sasquatch, orbs & rods, nesse and all other super natural entities, are conspiraing together against humans

That would probly be the wisest thing a non-human could do !! heh

Well, except for those breed of humans that have always been to preserve the Earth.

NN

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
that would be bad,dolphins killing everybody at see World

Sasquatch killing of rural villagers

komodo dragons poisoning half the world

nesse making babies an eating the worlds fish suppy

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This whole topic makes the asumption that aliens are this distant invading force ploting total distruction that has not come yet.

Its like how people talk about the NWO as something that is comming when, orangizations are allready inplace, contact has been made. People say rumors about it, and tell storys about what have allready presumably happened.

As Ronald Ragan said "could not such a force be allready amoungst us".

I do wonder about that statement, did he have a infomative agenda?

new topics

top topics

join