It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If USA invades Iran could Iran overthrow Pakistan for there nukes?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Maybe somebody should give the US a heads-up about this seeing as they are trying to make a case to the UN.

Question, Jamuhn: Is the US the lone voice on making this case or is the US the voice being best utilized by those other nations that do not want Iran with a nuclear weapon or simply wants Iran to be held accountable in their existing program?

Last I read and heard, the UK, France, among other nations are attempting, and have been, to make a case against Iran's nuclear program. Perhaps, some Arab Gulf countries should be added, as well?
GCC seeks Iran nuclear guarantees
And: The GCC seeks Iran nuclear guarentees

See, I do not mind you hammering the US, but I mind you simply doing it without any thought and consideration of other factors.

seekerof

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpanishFly
LOOK SEERKOF, if the MI6 has evidence about iran having nuclear weapons then WHY ISNT anyhting being done about it????

The article has nothing to do with MI6 having evidence about Iran having nuclear weapons. Please re-read the article.

seekerof

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I think it's a guarantee that when Iran is attacked that Pakistanis going to feel some serious pain and suffering. Neverthe less Pakistan seems to have agreed to attack Iran. Though I don't think they'll do it.

Saudi, Pak agree on US anti-Iran strike

www.newsinsight.net...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Pakistan may be ok with the US attacking Iran obviously its not going to attack Iran itself!! :O

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Seekerof your hitting it right on the nose, this is the kind of stuff I was taking about.
A big thanks for your replies.

BTW Just how many terrorist groups has Iran formed and funded in the last 20 years?
Im thinking they are friends with al-queda/bin-laden. At this point in time, IMHO they will pick whatever allies they can get

If Mushariff goes down, we [as in the world] are in big trouble.

Senario #1 A radical group siezes control in Pakistan, they nuke whoever they can, before the US, Isreal, EU, India can react.

Senario #2 A radical group siezes control in Pakistan, and they are nuked by the US, Isreal, EU but some of the warheads escape the attack to be used against the EU, USA, Isreal, India.

Senario #3 A radical group siezes control in Pakistan, and there is some wierded out cold war/Cuban Missile crisis type of event.

Senario #4 A radical group siezes control in Pakistan, and they are Nuked with little or nothing surviving, turning that part of the world into a nuke wasteland, plus everything up wind.

Wonder what North Korea would do If the world was focused on this type of conflict.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted by Daedalus3

posted by donwhite: “The Pakistani maverick nuclear scientist is said to have furnished bomb making tech info to NK and anyone willing to pay his price. [Edited by Don W]

I have repeatedly said similar stuff, I must correct you on two counts:
1. The US never helped the Pak nuke program. In fact they did much to stop it as they were well aware that a Pak bomb could eventually find its way to other rogue anti US establishments in Pakistan itself or abroad . . the Pressler Amendment which crippled Pakistan around 1988 when Pakistan reached the level of enrichment required for weapons grade plutonium and or uranium.
2. It was not ONLY the Pak maverick as you refer to him, who proliferated to Iran. True he was the one who took the sole responsibility for this technology transfer but rest assured he could not done something of this magnitude w/o the consent of the Pak Army. IMO the US is well aware of this, but has carefully decided to overlook this, because of Pakistan's vital role in South Asia and the war on terror. I completely agree with you on the point of US hypocrisy on proliferation.

On another note, you cannot condemn the US for proliferation vis-a-vis Israel because whoever helped Israel (reads on ATS point to France, SA, UK as well) did so before anything called the N.P.T. was even thought of. Israel's nukes are more legal than those of Iran. [Edited by Don W]

OK. I don’t know those dates, but regardless, it is now moot. I do recall when Israel was found to have a secret laboratory in the Negev Desert and later when an employee “defected” to the world - an early whistle blower - and he may still be in an Israeli jail. Further, I can understand why Israel feels it needs a bombs to protect its existence. I have no problem with that but 400 million Arabs may not be so considerate.

Based on the 1979 incomplete and disputed Vela satellite info, and added to the 1966 Negev Desert explosion, it seems likely Israel got its first working atom bomb around the 1980s time frame.

More evidence came from a Los Alamos researcher using a radio telescope for an unrelated project in Arecibo, Puerto Rico. He detected a traveling ionospheric disturbance - a ripple in Earth's upper atmosphere - moving south to north during the early morning hours of September 22, 1979, something researchers had never before witnessed. But such evidence was discounted by the White House panel.
See www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/israel/nuke-test.htm

The election of Ronald Reagan would have been a great big plus for the Israeli atom bomb program. OTOH, I have read that Israel warned Egypt in the 1973 Yom Kippur War that if faced with extinction, Israel would "blow" the Aswan High Dam, thereby jeopardizing 10s of millions of Egyptians. "You may attack us, but you may not kill us." Enough said about that.

Proliferation does concern me and I’m sure people like you, too, DD3. There is not much little guys can do about it. Even if we were by some fluke hurled into Congress, again, there is not much one person or even a dozen, could do about it even from that high and mighty perspective. The program to help the old Soviet Union counties get rid of their atom bombs was first set to be completed in 2007 but that has been moved to 2011. Budget considerations. Apparently a “loose” nuke is a lower priority with the powers-that-be than it would have been with me.

It is important to keep as well informed as possible and for your “up-dates” I am appreciative. Good Luck to us all!

[edit on 5/8/2006 by donwhite]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
How many terrorist groups has Iran formed, as far as I know zero, except maybe hezbollah and that's a maybe. Hamas was able to gain the kind of power it did in huge part because Israel funded them against Arafat. The US and her allies intially were the ones funding Al-Qaeda. Every single time right before we go to war all of a sudden that nation we want to fight is funding Alqaeda. But if we go by the news, a bunch of American allies were funding or helping that group. Sudan, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E. Taliban and Pakistan. Those guys never ran to Iran in the past. You guys would just believe this anyway, because you want war, and Iran calls itself the Islamic Republic.

This is not to say Iran would never start funding them but lets at least have clear proof. If not then drop it, and if so then that's enough cause for war.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by NeoQuest]

[edit on 8-5-2006 by NeoQuest]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

Proliferation does concern me and I’m sure people like you, too, DD3. There is not much little guys can do about it. Even if we were by some fluke hurled into Congress, again, there is not much one person or even a dozen, could do about it even from that high and mighty perspective. The program to help the old Soviet Union counties get rid of their atom bombs was first set to be completed in 2007 but that has been moved to 2011. Budget considerations. Apparently a “loose” nuke is a lower priority with the powers-that-be than it would have been with me.

It is important to keep as well informed as possible and for your “up-dates” I am appreciative. Good Luck to us all!

[edit on 5/8/2006 by donwhite]

um.. And which congress would that be?
I think you unaware of my nationality

P.S: The Israeli nuke whistle blower you mentioned is Mordechai Vanunu.He was released from prison a cpl of years back and now lives in Israel under the scrutiny of the Israeli police.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted by Daedalus3

um.. And which congress would that be? I think you unaware of my nationality . .

PS: The whistle blower is Mordechai Vanunu. He was released from prison a cpl of years back and now lives in Israel under the scrutiny of the Israeli police. [Edited by Don W]

Based on your spelling preferences I’d say you are not English nor from a former colony. You can’t be French, you’re too polite. You’re not Oriental. Not enough humility. Nor Hispanic. Not sufficient emotions. Your syntax is very much American. Maybe like Golda Meir and Ben Netanyahu you lived here but now live in Israel? If that is not the case, then I will give up.

[edit on 5/9/2006 by donwhite]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
^^^
off topic but very interesting..
Try a former English colony..

And the slightly americanised spelling references are well a growing influence of the same in my country(which was not so much about a decade or so back)

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Daedalus3]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
geez why dont you just say youre from india

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

And the slightly americanised spelling references are well a growing influence of the same in my country(which was not so much about a decade or so back)

Jeez. Hong Kong? Singapore? Columbo on Sri Lanka? Not India as you write too slowly. Malta? Zimbabwe? South Africa? Belize? Tanzania? Antigua and Barbuda? I give up. There are too many former British colonies.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

Not India as you write too slowly.

India it is.
Now you've got me all confused..
Note that my response to posts maybe slow because I'm not actively on ATS 24/7 although I stay logged on throughout the day.

Or am I on medication SpanishFly??!!

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

posted by Daedalus3

India it is.

Now you've got me all confused. Note that my response to posts maybe slow because I'm not actively on ATS 24/7 although I stay logged on throughout the day.

It's 2400 hours here in Jax, EDT. I have to get up at 0700 tomorrow, well, today.
So, it’s off to bed for me. More Later.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Or am I on medication SpanishFly??!!

youre not...cheers

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
^^ indeed I'll drink to that...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
hello ppl ......i am from pakistan, i am surprised to see u ppl so worried about pak nukes. Let me tell you that most of pakistanis are moderate , only a small group of pakistanis are radical.

The problem with pakistan is that it gets a bad press. Sitting outside make u feel that pakistan is some kinda afghanistan or iraq. Pakistans nuclear facilities are fully safe. No one can steal nukes from them. No one can attack them like you think ....there is a full command and control system.

You think that iran could use some suicide bombers to attack our facilities steal nukes and then use them on israel and US bases. Well before they could think such they would be given a big blow by our army.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mm11
hello ppl ......i am from pakistan, i am surprised to see u ppl so worried about pak nukes. Let me tell you that most of pakistanis are moderate , only a small group of pakistanis are radical.

The problem with pakistan is that it gets a bad press. Sitting outside make u feel that pakistan is some kinda afghanistan or iraq. Pakistans nuclear facilities are fully safe. No one can steal nukes from them. No one can attack them like you think ....there is a full command and control system.

You think that iran could use some suicide bombers to attack our facilities steal nukes and then use them on israel and US bases. Well before they could think such they would be given a big blow by our army.

More people are worried about what will happen if radicals overthrow the current government of Pakistan. The facilities might now be in safe hands, but for how long?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
i dont think radicals can overthrow a govt ...no radical party in pakistan were able to overthrow a govt in the past 60 years of pakistan history. And one thing i am seeing in the change of thinking of pakistani ppl is the rejection of idiologies of the islamic parties.

And the main thing is that the nuclear facilities are controled by the army not by any civil govt or political party.

the power of radicals present in govt is nothing to compare with the power of moderate political parties present in pakistani govt.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mm11

It are only a bunch of anti-Pakistan elements that are spreading such BS confusion. We all know that Pakistani nukes are only there for Bhindia the bully.
However, if anyone thinks they can just walk in and take the nukes by force is sorely mistaken. They'll have to walk over millions of dead bodies before even getting there. These nukes are the jugular vein of Pak. I can cross my heart on that…

[edit on 3-4-2008 by hitman666]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join