It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding the CIA Chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I read an article today, among many about the former CIA chief being forced to resign and the new CIA chief. They said the primary reason for forcing the old chief to resign and choosing a new one was:

— The choice of Gen. Michael V. Hayden of the Air Force as the new director of the Central Intelligence Agency is only a first step in a planned overhaul to permanently change the mission and functions of the legendary spy agency, intelligence officials said Saturday. Porter J. Goss, who was forced to resign Friday, was seen as an obstacle to an effort by John D. Negroponte, the director of national intelligence, to focus the agency on its core mission of combating terrorism and stealing secrets abroad.

I don't seem to understand why he was 'forced to resign'. The only information I have read directly related to this was:

The agency's role in the secret detention and interrogation of suspected terrorists led to charges of misconduct.

Source of article:
www.nytimes.com

So does anyone know if his resignation has any direct relation to the "misconduct", and if the "internal infastructure change" is related directly to terrorism, or has some deeper purpose. Did the resignation of Goss have something to do with some secrets that he may of revelead, and is being masked by the reasons given?

I am placing this under the War on Terrorism section because, according to the article, that is cause of the new infastructure and new director.

[Mod edit: shrink-a-link]

[edit on 7/5/2006 by Umbrax]

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 7-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
From what i've gathered so far, Negroponte didn't like him. A conflict with your immediate superior is always a quick way to a certain career death.

I too would love to know more on this.

What went on behind the scenes and was there more too it.

wupy

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Yeah, I mean we're dealing with the CIA here; their job is practically to steal information and keep it secret, so how can we rely on their public story to tell us the truth about internal skirmishes.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
sounds to me like those 2 morons were playing games with each other and couldnt work out their differences so goss fell on his sword. pretty sad when 2 professionals of this caliber cant work out their petty differences for the sake of the free world. they both get a big thumbs down from me and the country.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The question is what does Goss do now. You can't honestly expect him to just retire and forget about decades of working in the intelligence commmunitynever mind being a beaurcrat.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Is there any word of him taking up another position somewhere in the government?

new topics

top topics

join