It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats the secret?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
somebody help me out here, how does one make a thread where he has 100 views AND 100 replys? dont you hate it when you have like 1 or 200 views and like 5 replys??! its pathetic!

how do you capture peoples attention, how do you make them want to reply, i really dont understand why those other 95 people that seen the thread dont say a thing. i reply to almost every thread i read.

any ideas???

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
as best as I can tell, unless you post something of interest to the Americans in here, your post is basically doomed from the start. They don't appear to be very interested in what's going on in the rest of the world..................generally.

Latest example: I'll bet not one of them know that there are two men trapped underground in a gold mine collapse, & that they have been there since ANZAC Day ( that would be 25th April to everyone not from Australia, NZ, or Turkey ).
They are buried alive & are still stuck behind a 1.5 metre wall of rock 5 times stronger than concrete. The rescue tunnel is 15 metres long & so far they are still trapped........news.com.au for anyone interested

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
i reply to almost every thread i read.

Maybe the problem is you expect people to act like you... I personally think it's stupid to reply to threads unless I think I have something to contribute (replying to agree or disagree isn't contributing to me). In turn, I reply to very few threads...

Since the post finder is broken for the time being I can't look at some of your "flopped" threads, my suggestion would be to ask questions as opposed to expecting response of opinion.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Please bear in mind that the number of registered users on the board is far LESS than the number of guests.

Guests are unable to post and therefore can not reply to what they are viewing. Many people prefer to simply view the threads on the forums. We have many members here who previously spent weeks, months, even years viewing the forums as a guest before finally deciding to register and get involved.

It is important to note that not every post deserves a reply. A person viewing a thread may find it interesting and thoroughly enjoy reading it, but not have an opinion to make and therefore does not reply.

While the United States does constitute the originating point of a very large proportion of the viewers here, threads directly associated with the United States does not necessarily determine the level of response.

As an example of member:guest proportionality, it currently stands at:

131 members : 1310 guests (and this is a very quiet period)

At our busy periods, this ratio is around 220:3000!

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
figjam, love the username. Is that the Sydney group? If so, BUTTERFINGERS!

I actually did not know that guest views counted. That's kinda interesting.

Of course, 80.1791 % of the hits on ATS come from America. I suppose this might be a good thing, see if the rest of us can open up their eyes, but I dunno . . .
The hot topics sure do seem to concern mainly America, or American interests. Although ATS is a globalised forum, it is mainly dominated by American members. At least the 3 Amigos (I think) are not from the U.S.

edit: just testing new BB. Doesnt work.

[edit on 6/5/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The Secret is,,, this may be my last post,,,,,The Secret is that this website is run as a benevolent dictatorial community,
it is, I believe, a test bed for a one worldww dictatorial government.

but really good posts garner good responses

[edit on 6/5/2006 by Sauron]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
The Secret is,,, this may be my last post,,,,,The Secret is that this website is run as a benevolent dictatorial community,
it is, I believe, a test bed for a one worldww dictatorial government.

but really good posts garner good responses

Please tell me you're not serious!?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Please tell me you're not serious!?

Simon, of course I'm joking.

I've read all the "ATS is a government agency, or CIA and what have you" threads and there very funny at times.

But in a way it is, in a good way. You 3 built this metropolis in cyberspace, also making and setting rules for the membership to abide by, (for the greater good of ATS) right. So could ATS not be seen as a benevolent dictatorial community, that works because the members agree to abide the T&C of ATS.

I mean this in a good way, I'm not calling anyone little Hitlers or anything

Anyway I don't want to railroad this thread, I was joking more than anything else.

[edit on 7/5/2006 by Sauron]

top topics

join