It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harmonics of Limestone and Granite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me anything relevant regarding the harmonics and/or crystalline structure of limestone and granite? Are they useful, subatomically, for any scientific purpose because of their molecular structure, other than in building, flooring, and sculpting? Do they have any chemical or electro-chemical reactions with other substances in the atmosphere or light and subatomic particles such as photon, x-rays, gamma rays or neutrinos? Do they exhibit strange behavior under special conditions?

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hi Undo sounds like you should be posting in another area unless you wish to relate the physical properties of these minerals to a metaphysical behavior?
Is this what you are doing?
Rather interesting.
WIS

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well I think it may have a religious implication, however, at this point, I don't know exactly what that might be. I view some things that are called religious, to really be scientific, and some things that are scientific, to really be religious. However, I don't tend to agree with alot of metaphysical stuff. It all depends, I guess, on the definition of metaphysics in relation to this topic.

I'm most interested in why the Great Pyramid was constructed specifically out of limestone and granite. I believe there's a reason, a religious reason, that may have scientific explanations at some level. Is that metaphysics?

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
dunno

it would be interesting to find out

if there are complimentary resonances

within a stucture made of this,

or is there "protection" from ? [ some unknown something ].

perhaps the reason for their use,

is simply longevity.

I'm looking fwd to finding out.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hi Undo.
I use metaphysical as neutral term useing the word religion may leed to time wasteing heated discussions. I believe the minerals used in the old buildings may have been intentional in one way or the other.
I believe minerals have energetic properties yet to be discovered. (re-deiscovered)
Wish some one with some insight would respond it could become interesting.
But perhaps it's to down to earth
Pun intended.
WIS

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Yes. Limestone can even be used to kill someone instantly (without being able to be detected by the medical examiner). 2 circumstances that are very much a part of every home every day cause wild chemical reactions to the lime. I'm suprised everyone don't know about it ... although I supose we'd have more homicides if people did know.
Also, it makes a notable difference to your lawn and other vegitation.

Granit - I have no idea. Makes a great counter top though

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
A couple of things about granite, I believe it has a very consistent crystaline structure that's not like any other rock found on earth. There's a thread here on ATS somewhere that claims it supports the creationism theory because granite crystals can only form when it cools instantly - one moment molten rock, next moment cold hard granite.

It's impossible to work with soft metal tools like copper.

My personal belief is that granite was used like the crystals in a radio and to build resonating chambers. I think the great pyramid was a radio beacon, powered by a chemical reaction - like a huge battery. There's a surprising amount of evidence to support that, including chemical reservoirs and signs of an explosion inside the pyramid.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
i dont know if this will help but i do know that quartz is a biproduct of granite..and with quartz you can produce piezo electric...the same thing that light`s an electric lighter..its to do with placing the quartz under stress it then gives an electrical discharge.

en.wikipedia.org...

maybe thats an avenue to research.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

..its to do with placing the quartz under stress it then gives an electrical discharge.

It only gives the one pulse of electricity while it's being compressed. Then after that, nothing.... Is it possible it could be emenating an as-yet undiscovered force?

If the base of the pyramid was granite it would make a great seismometer, every time the earth trembled even slightly you would get a nice big pulse that would rise and fall with the tremors.

Just adding my 2 cents

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This all reminds me of Christopher Dunn's "The Giza Powerplant". It was quite convincing.

He's an engineer that got interested in the Great Pyramids. So he went there and did calculations, and read old calculations, and read old legends, and then came up with a theory. That the pyramid shook with the earth, and that there were frequency resonators in the main long hallway, and that the quartz in the granite gave off electricity that reacted with chemicals in the Queen's chamber shafts (another guy improved on this theory by saying that if the Nile was closer [which it was LONG ago, circa 10.000 BCE] that they could have used water as well, instead of chemicals) and hydrogen was produced and shot out through the King's chamber shatfs. He predicted gates to be at the end of the Queen's chamber shafts. Years later, a robot went up one of them and found a granite gate, with two corroded copper wires hanging through it, confirming what he had put forth.

Very interesting stuff.

edit: spelling

[edit on 5/14/2006 by Arcane Demesne]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This search result may help you out some:

Google on "acoustic velocity" AND limestone

Also, research carbonates and more specifically the sub-category dolomites because that is what limestone is:

Carbonates

Dolomites

Don't know if this will be of any use to you in what you are researching but the matrix of dolomites (and therefore limestones) can be acidized out by using Hydrochloric Acid.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heratix
i dont know if this will help but i do know that quartz is a biproduct of granite..and with quartz you can produce piezo electric...the same thing that light`s an electric lighter..its to do with placing the quartz under stress it then gives an electrical discharge.

en.wikipedia.org...

maybe thats an avenue to research.

Oh now this is very VERY interesting! Thanks, muchly. i will definitely check into this.

top topics

join