It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mckinnon reveals picture of hacked NASA 'UFO'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Gary McKinnon was arrested by the UK's national high-tech crime unit, after being accused of hacking into Nasa and the US military computer networks.
He says he spent two years looking for photographic evidence of alien spacecraft and advanced power & saved this picture from NASA (UNFILTURED)!
Nice 1 Gary

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Mods, I think this is the fourth different thread 2day on this subject. Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
V,
You need to take a chill pill Dude & stop moaning;
THE MORE INFORMATION TO THE PEOPLE THE BETTER !
Thats what ATS is about.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Umm, you mean something the like of which the Russian company "EKIP" has been working on?
EKIP
EKIP aircraft

Something which NASA may have acquired, built, improved, and/or are testing? US Navy to order unique aircraft

Btw, the photo that the hacker has portrays a craft with 4 landing wheels/apparatus, clearly visible on the bottom of the craft in the picture

seekerof

[edit on 6-5-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Mods, I think this is the fourth different thread 2day on this subject. Thanx,

Victor K.

Jesus man, what is your problem! Reading your message every time makes me wanna say.....

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Primary Mover
Gary McKinnon was arrested by the UK's national high-tech crime unit, after being accused of hacking into Nasa and the US military computer networks.
He says he spent two years looking for photographic evidence of alien spacecraft and advanced power & saved this picture from NASA (UNFILTURED)!
Nice 1 Gary

This is what appears underneath that phot on the BBC news site..

A bird or a plane?... Gary was not able to get a picture of what he saw

At no time does he say he has photographic evidence.

SK: Do you have a copy of this? It came down to your machine.

GM: No, the graphical remote viewer works frame by frame. It's a Java application, so there's nothing to save on your hard drive, or at least if it is, only one frame at a time.

SK: So did you get the one frame?

GM: No.

SK: What happened?

GM: Once I was cut off, my picture just disappeared.

SK: You were actually cut off the time you were downloading the picture?

GM: Yes, I saw the guy's hand move across.

Full interview here.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Sounds like complete beep to me. I mean we have a bloke here who illegally accessed US government computers, he then says he saw a picture of an alien ship but when asked for proof he says it mysteriously disappeared off his computer. Don’t believe a word of it myself.

Even if he did see this picture he himself describes it by saying “It was above the Earth's hemisphere. It kind of looked like a satellite.” Hmm maybe it was a satellite? Not even mentioning the fact this is coming from a man who doesn’t even know the difference between the words “hemisphere” and “atmosphere” he even says that the picture was very low resolution with just 4-bit colour. What reason is there to believe him?

Personally I think he wants to keep the moral high ground and/or not look like a nut, and is just inventing some evidence of a government cover up so he doesn’t look like the bad guy. I hope he gets what’s coming to him.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thank You Executioner! Clarity at last (that doesn't look like a 4 bit image of a cigar-shaped object with geodesic domes) To others I've offended, I humbly apologize for seeking the Mods intervention in consolidating this worthy subject to a single discussion thread and for seeking accuracy. I wonder how many folks who just skimmed the data came away with the wrong impression of what Mr. M. had to say, perhaps none. Again my apologies.

Victor K.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
V kaminski, you were right to seek mod intervention, because many a thread have been locked down because of repeat articles. And no, Primary Mover, spamming the threads with the same articles so that people know "more" when they really aren't learning anything new isn't what ATS is about.

But anyways, on the subject, I agree with Seekrof, it's definitly man made. I sure as heck am not going to take what he says for granted, doesn't even know the difference between Hemisphere and Atmosphere.

"Above the hemisphere", pfft.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It looks exactly like one of the new shuttle concepts that NASA has been working on.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
NASA is not going to make a new shuttle, their next spacecraft will look like Apollo.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
What this REALLY looks like is another pic of Darkstar with it's wings clipped!

Here is a yahoo picture search for comparisment: Yahoo Picture Search

Either the US is producing clipped winged Darkstars or....a hoax...

Unless it can be absolutely proven beyond a doubt, pretty reasonable job if it is a hoax though.

[edit for clarity]

[edit on 5/8/2006 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I just hope he is getting good legal advice, I know they trump up charges of "damage" when in fact there maybe no damage at all....get a good lawyer!

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Guys

As executioner states no picture has been released.

Read the BBC article where he states he does not have a picture, because (he says) he was using some java viewer to browse the NASA network, and it did not save the image locally to cache thus as he did not manage to get a copy of the picture (I am not entirely convinced).

The picture is just a stock BBC photo of some small UAV probably a russian ekip

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Popeye]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I use a program similar to the one described to access computers on my network remotely. Unless you plan on taking screenshots you aren't going to have any record of what you've done on the machine. Being that he is an admitted stoner, and if he was doing this for hours a day, he probably just forgot to hit ALT+PrtScn.

THe only question I have is if the government systems were actually that lax.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
oh man.. this reminds me of the adventures I've had behind my computer.. all drugged up and boozed, thinking I control the world from my keyboard, lol.. this guy surely shows signs of paranoia..

oh, by the way.. the picture is a flying hull.. so called because the aerodynamics of the big flat hull makes it fly, the short wings are for balance.. it's not an alien craft, it's just another X-project.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well I did think the story is very plausible since I have seen what remote access programs can do and can not do.

It's bizarre that they actually have computers with blank passwords!

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Thanx Popeye! Accuracy and non-distortion of fact rates high with me! I was bugged a bit by that too - I'll get over it. I was intrigued by what the BBC photo was too tho'... I thought about it and I think it is a pic of a scale R/C demonstrator of some sort. Think I saw it on TV in Canada. Intelgurl will know, and others in the community too - any ideas?

Mr. M. did claim to have seen "a cigar-shaped object with geodesic domes" as opposed to any photo seen displayed on this thread just to set the record straight.

If he has other revelations he better fess-up while he is still able to because I don't think his "15 minutes of fame" is going to qualify for an extended warranty option at this point. Too bad, quite likely a nice young fellow who made some less than ideal ethical and lifestyle decisions that could have happened to many. Nuther' conspiracy casualty.

Victor K.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Thank You Phiniks ! for the clarity & non judgemental attitude.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the support Rai & V (who has now apologised) has my respect.
Information, Learning & good Debate thats what it is about, not moaning about people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join