It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Person who hacked into Nasa and the military's computers got interviewed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

But he found a picture...

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So he hacked into nasa with a 56k modem, u would expect hackers these days use faster modems not?
So he got to save 1 picture and he saw another picture before beiing exposed wich he could not save.That and some info will get him jailed, maybe put him away for good if hes ever to be put on trial in the US.

Also if its so easy to hack nasa or military networks in the US then why didend other hackers or hackergroups attempted this.

I think its true that nasa filters out stuff from pictures but this could well be anything, theres a load of junk flying in orbit around our planet, old sattelites and stuff large enough to be filtered out to make nicer photographs.

I have these questions though:
Does nasa still gives out video footage of actual recent missions in space?
Are astronauts allowed to take a camera on board for personal use?
Is it true that it issent allowed to film anything from on board the space shuttle and did nasa take out the spaceshuttle camera for that reason?And i am talking about the camera taking shots from outside the shuttle, not the in board camera.
If this is true then why did they do it?

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I don't think what he found was of ET kind. Nasa maybe stupid enough to use blank passwords but they are not stupid enough to hide ET or UFO related documents and images on External networks. The chances of them being hacked are too great. Chances of what he saw was nothing. maybe a possible top secret military project picture of some man-made craft but NOT a ET origin craft. The only way to actually find these images he refers to with ET life origins (if they do exist) is from within NASA. So, now he'll face up to 60 years in prison for a complete waste of time. What a shame..

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
While this topic has been done to death, I wish people would stop ragging on 56k modems !

Of course the "hack" could be done with this connection.

The government does have "bait" computers too. They make some systems easy to hack with no vital information and nab the culprits.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I've seen that model plane somewhere else.
don't know where though. We know they've been testing those weird looking planes(or vans
). It's clearly a prototype plane. After all, they need to replace the blackbird soon.

hey look it's a van in the sky!

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Oh and that picture, I dont think thats one from the hacker... well its not the one he talks about in the interview anyways.

I think hes full of crap. He can script but he cant take a screenshot of the most important image of his hack work?

Meef.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hi, please read your link. It states that he found "a" picture but was unble to d/l owing to his choice of software and that his session was terminated.

He describes an orbital "cigar-shaped object with geodesic domes". We need accurate info at ATS 100% of the time and a little clarification would go a long way. The picture provided has little or nothing to do with what McKinnon contends in the "Click" interview. I am interested as to what that "flying" thing is that's in the photo provided tho'... this winged craft looks human-built to me, having "wings" and all. Thanx for the link tho'. I love this stuff.

He is in serious, serious trouble... whether his methods were misguided or malfeasant - motive matters not, he made the wrong guys mad - full-spectrum "vein stickin' out on Rumsfeld's forehead" mad - American-style hunt you till death stuff. I'm glad I don't do that stuff anymore and I'm glad I'm not him (my balding head wears a white baseball hat)... breaking in to any network system or client box is the wrong "way" to get the data out in contemporary society - empty pw's or not, this is not "classy" behaviour. Not to mention that thanks to him the "data-stream" will dry up where he was caught "sniffin". There is a lesson here.

Perhaps the best and cleanest "way" is to "comprimise by inclusion" the "correct" personnel in any organizational structure, that is, let their authorization and activities work for you/us/humanity voluntarily rather than against you/us/humanity. People can be comprimised without record and often in good conscience will make the right decision regardless of pressure when confronted with "facts in context" - not so with the Net or any form of communication other than "head-to-head" in person.

Inclusion in solution is a human resources technique that may be applicable, I've used it to lure very capable folks to work for us. Sometimes a little chat and some co-operative two-way dialogue and reasoning can out-strip the results of something so vulgar as hacking domains to which you are not rightfully privy.

Mr. M. had better have some real "bombshells" data-wise or he'll be eaten alive by the system. I admit the potential for disclosure here is tempting - I expect no more than allegations but I'd pay just about anything to have been "riding shotgun" (lookin' over shoulder) when he saw what he claims - some sort of super-mothership. A missed opportunity and no primary, secondary or tertiary supporting documentation to show for it. I hope this guy makes out OK, but gets what he deserves.

Victor K.

[edit on 6-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
There's also the Video of the Interview.

Gary McKinnon discloses more details about what he's discovered when he hacked into various US military systems than he has previously.

What REALLY grabbed my attention is he talks about The Disclosure Project and this is coming out just days before the 5 year anniversary of The Disclosure Projects first panel of experts. And there's another scheduled event by The Disclosure Project coming up in a few days. May 9th, 2006.

What the heck is going on, why would he mention Disclosure Project?

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Good Information Synthe & thanks just watched his vid on BBC - how come the Americam media do not report this ?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
HEH! Stupid hacker can't even push the FKN "PRINTSCREEN" button! LOL Idiot

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, the above is a very valid point... Much faster than downloading a pic....

SMR

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
With what this guy was using, I do not believe 'Prt Scr' would have worked.It was a remote viewer and I once tried to do screen capture of my brothers PC like that, and all I got was a blank image.
Also, using a dial up modem is best for hacking as the IP changes and broadband modems do not.Way to cover your tracks is not having the same IP and range all the time.Even today hackers use dial up.

I would think though, that is you were doing this to get proof, even taking a picture of your monitor would be ideal.Im not totally sure, but even recording what he was doing would not have been possible.There 'may' have been software to do so back then, but still with what he was using [remote viewing] it would not have worked.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I heard Gary McKinnon describe the cigar-shaped object in space in an interview with NPR sometime back.
The details were very similar to what is described here:

One of these people was a Nasa photographic expert, and she said that in building eight of Johnson Space Centre they regularly airbrushed out images of UFOs from the high-resolution satellite imaging. What she said was there was there: there were folders called "filtered" and "unfiltered", "processed" and "raw", something like that.

I got one picture out of the folder, and bearing in mind this is a 56k dial-up, so a very slow internet connection, in dial-up days, using the remote control programme I turned the colour down to 4bit colour and the screen resolution really, really low, and even then the picture was still juddering as it came onto the screen.

But what came on to the screen was amazing. It was a culmination of all my efforts. It was a picture of something that definitely wasn't man-made.

It was above the Earth's hemisphere. It kind of looked like a satellite. It was cigar-shaped and had geodesic domes above, below, to the left, the right and both ends of it, and although it was a low-resolution picture it was very close up.

This thing was hanging in space, the earth's hemisphere visible below it, and no rivets, no seams, none of the stuff associated with normal man-made manufacturing.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by moog synthesizer]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
www.ufoevidence.org/: UFO CaseS Catalog Cigar Shape

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
He should be tried here in the UK. His crime was computer misuse and he was trying to get at things which should be made public knowledge anyway.

I'm sure, with cases of abductees disappearing and not coming back (or even just those who are returned), it should be in the interests of public safety to make knowledge of these events public.

NASA and many other governments would save alot of time and money if they stopped airbrushing and just said "Yeah there are aliens. Any other questions?" instead of imprisoning those who seek the truth.

Besides, he said there were a load of other hackers anyway. Is the CIA going to track down each one, imprison them, and arrange for them to die in a prison riot or something?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
He didint use a 56k modem the comupter he logged onto in that building used a 56k modem!! And that makes sence why would you have those kind of pictures on super internet speed when they are im sure aware of other hackers in the system, its a spy game back ond forth!

new topics

top topics

join