It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough With The Proof!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Originally posted by masterp
I did not say that there is evidence. But the existence of 200,000,000,000 galaxies each galaxy containing 200,000,000,000 star systems, in a universe that is 51,000,000,000,000,000 km wide, can not result in only 1 star system with life. There has got to be plenty of life out there.

These numbers don't mean anything, because we don't know what the odds are that life will arise, given a specific set of circumstances. Imagine a room full of superballs, all bouncing around pretty much at random. What are the odds, and how long do you think it would take, for those superballs to spell out your name and stick that way? Now imagine that your name is as long as the most primitive DNA. What are the odds then? It might happen once. It might never happen again, even given another 13 billion years of bouncing. Those are the kinds of odds we're talking about. We could very well be the only game in town.

You're describing a random event. I'm paraphrasing Richard Dawkins but the genesis of life on our planet was not a random event but an inevitable consequences of a stable habitat for life.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I must say I agree with materp... The odds that we are the only race is very small... Seeing as we already have animals... Many other people have seen other aliens in out of body experiences (if you believe in that)... And scientificly/biologically speaking.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrChipps
Harte, if you refer to video and photographic "Proof" as only evidence, then there's something wrong with your way of thinking.

MrChipps,
Here again you have mischaracterized what I have said, apparently due to your complete inability to argue against any of my actual points.

I will not attempt again to educate you as to the nature and nuance of the English language as I suppose it is possible (even apparent) that it is not your native tongue.

Judge: Mr Chipps, is this object in the video the same object which you claim must be extraterrestrial in origin?

Chipps: Yes your honor. It's obviously proof of some sort of alien visitation.

Judge: Mr. Chipps, how do you know this object is alien to the planet? Does it display some otherworldly license plate, some markings or other such things which you have translated and can show to the court the meaning of?

Chipps: No, your honor, it does not. But It's alien, that's for sure.

Judge: How can you tell?

Chipps: Well..., LOOK at it, for God's sake!! It's obvious isn't it?

Judge: No, it's not obvious to me.

Chipps: WHAT THE HECK KIND OF IDIOT JUDGE ARE YOU?

Judge: 30 days! Contempt of court!

Originally posted by MrChippsWhere's your logic in all this Harte?! If the above scenario were true, I'd bet you'd consider your video as PROOF and not evidence.

If you must compare a video of an obvious human being to that of some unknown object, fine. But let me ask this. Could you determine what country the offending burglar was born in based on the security camera video? Certainly not. In exactly the same way, no photo or video of a UFO can be used to determine the alien origin of the object.

The sort of proof you lay out here would be acceptable to me concerning the question of the alien origin of UFOs, though. In your scenario, the man in the video would be produced in court, right? Then bring the UFO into court and we'll talk.

Harte

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Harte......You win. I don't want to argue about this anymore. You win.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Nobody wins, as this discussion will always continue in circles until one day they come and visit us, or we search the universe and find nothing.

Harte: I don't think MrChipps actually wanted to prove that the video was proof, but more or less desperate in an attempt to get people on the same page as him.

MrChipps: I suspect you don't have any evidence of aliens (although we've seen tons... But always denied by one little idiot and then it escalates throughout the entire worlds that it was a 'fake'). All I can really sense, is that you just have that deep gut feeling that they are there.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I like your responce Volatile.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Mrchips
We KNOW they're real. We KNOW they're here

are they here or are they actually UFO's (Unidentified flying objects)

i my self have seen something in the sky which i couldnt explain but untill there proven to be piloted by extraterrestrials, there just good ole UFO's.

what i saw was a cloud like thing but more a faint purle haze that seemed to be boiling and rolling, with lightning flashing around the thing and inside as it was flashing white from the inside, before somebody asks could it be a cloud, i dont know it didnt actually look like your every day cloud, but the sky that evening was clear and still quite light as the sun had just gone down.

i dont know what to call it was it a UFO or some Atmosphere phenomom i just dont know :S

[edit on 12-5-2006 by u4ria]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
One day when the sky was blue with no clouds, and you could see the moon as well (day time)... I saw a silver object in the sky. It was shaped like a cigar and it had no trails of smoke behind it as normal jets or airplanes have. It flew at a much higher speed than what airplanes do when you see them up above. I was certain it was an UFO.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Could have been a smaller object launched by something which left it trail-less due to the lack of self-powerd engines. Everything suspicous isnt automatically alien. Unidentified perhaps. but not alien.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth
Could have been a smaller object launched by something which left it trail-less due to the lack of self-powerd engines. Everything suspicous isnt automatically alien. Unidentified perhaps. but not alien.

It flew horizontaly, and clearly not launched by anything on the ground for that matter. It was also at the same height as any other air plane. But I guess theres still a possibility that it wasn't an UFO... Although most of the aircrafts i've seen around here have trails behind them.

EDIT: Btw. it pretty much looked like the same size as the average aircraft.

[edit on 13-5-2006 by Volatile]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I wrote a long-ass post but it didnt show up for some reason.
Anyways, what I wrote was that even though it might not have looked like a plane at 30.000 feet it might have been something smaller moving slower, thus giving it aproximately the same effect. A homemade grenade launcher for all we know.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I wrote a long-ass post but it didnt show up for some reason.
Anyways, what I wrote was that even though it might not have looked like a plane at 30.000 feet it might have been something smaller moving slower, thus giving it aproximately the same effect. A homemade grenade launcher for all we know.

Flying at a horizontal line?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
In case you didn't know, grenade launchers shoot forwards. Just like if you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger, they get shot.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

In case you didn't know, grenade launchers shoot forwards. Just like if you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger, they get shot.

If I remember correctly, a grenade will either explode or lose velocity and collide with earth after a short time. As far as I am concerned though, it was not a grenade or an object launced from ground-up.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Depends, if it was a homemade device those attribute could been altered. My point is, the chances it was something else than a UFO are (even though I'm not a fan of probability math) extremely higher.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
We seem to have wandered a bit afield.
Enough With The Proof!!
Sorry, I forgot why grenade launchers are relevent to UFOs or ET. And proof or evidence.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
it was a simple example. it could have been a million other things, as earlier mentiones if my memory serves me right.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
anyone ever stop to think that "ET" (if they even exist) is only as advanced as we are?

you have this notion that they are far advanced like in the movies and stuff with like spaceships and and lasers and anal probing.

but consider that they are not for a second.

i dont even know why i ask you guys to do this cause it like asking a christian to even just ponder over evidence of other gosples and what not.

well it could be like the God argument, you want there to be something out there greater than your self and the world you believe that they are vastly supirior(sp) to us, instead of God, you believe in "ET" Im not saying thats wrong or anything but it blinds you to even ponder that "ET" (provided they exist) is only as advanced as we are

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
anyone ever stop to think that "ET" (if they even exist) is only as advanced as we are?

I have... But sometimes by talking with alot of other people about 'ET's, you get hooked on the their thoughts about it and in general always relate them to "of higher intellect".

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think that it's just part of being human. To HOPE that there is a more civil existance out there. One who has learned to live in peace with one another and not develop weapons that could wipe out an entire civilization.

It could just be the thoughts of people desperate for a change from the violence and sheer ignorance we have here on our planet. If the ET's are ONLY as smart as we are....God save us all!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join