It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFIDs to track illegal immigrants?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I saw a story in the local newspaper this morning (Edmonton Journal) that claimed that the president of Columbia had suggested the idea of having all immigrants to the United States from his country chipped with RFID as a means of controling illegal aliens. I was going to do a story on ATSNN about it, but I did a search on google and on the newspaper's website, and I didn't find anything. Has anyone else heard about this? If it's true, and if they actually do this, the implications are staggering, and all bad...

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Um. Say what?

You can forcibly implant people with chips now?

Thats a new world first. I mean, sure it was kinda thrown around, and everyone liked to deny it, and pretend it would never come to this. But, surely there are other ways?

I remember reading a page from a book at the library. It was copies of ads placed in newspapers across America for 'missing slaves' between i think 1770 and 1779. As I read it, i remember just thinking -- the way it was all worded was so -- just how you would write an ad for a missing dog. Descriptive, and concice. "Missing, a 26 year old nigro man who escaped on the Thursday of last week." The use of the word "Nigro" in every ad just sent shivers down my spine -- they were thought of just like dogs.

This is truly, treating people just like dogs too.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
...the President of Columbia had suggested the idea of having all immigrants to the United States from his country chipped with RFID as a means of controling illegal aliens...

with the current debacle on illegal aliens in the US, you can realistically forsee the whitehouse giving the 'option' of mandatory RFID implants along with the granting of citizenship status to those who wish to become permanent US residents, or remain an unregistered illegal alien and risk summary deportation...

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You got it backwards taikonaut. I believe RFID will be the solution to the illegal immigrant problem, it could represent the cure for the problem. How would they sell it? They chip all the legal americans, making it easier to pick out the illegals so they can be weeded out from the rest of us.

top topics

join