It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are natural disasters caused by god or satans wrath?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Is the age of aquarius based on destruction?? Why so many hurricanes and menacing earthquakes almost appearing out of nowhere&at such a time of loss and grief already caused by the war? Does it say anywhere in the bible that the world will see GODs wrath based upon the actions of man?

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jugular
Is the age of aquarius based on destruction?? Why so many hurricanes and menacing earthquakes almost appearing out of nowhere&at such a time of loss and grief already caused by the war? Does it say anywhere in the bible that the world will see GODs wrath based upon the actions of man?

Romans ch. 8
[18] For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
[19] For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
[20] For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
[21] Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

[22b]For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Sin entered creation at the fall of man. God's wrath is actually something that will occur during the tribulation.

[edit on 6-5-2006 by dbrandt]

[edit on 6-5-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
neither. Natural Disasters are just that, disasters that are natural. It all has to do with cause and effect in our enviroment. Polar tides, gravitational pulls, ecological issues, or just natural ebb and flow of seasons. It has nothing to do with god(s) or demons. We used to have to attribute disasters to wrath in the same way how the Native americans prayed and danced to the rain god to produce rain. Its not the wrath of anybody.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They're only 'disasters' because their occurrence collides with the circumstances of human life. Sometimes inevitable (we've all got to live somewhere--but so do the faultlines, for instance--it gets crowded) and sometimes because mankind, in general, has never let go of the foolish notion we can bend nature to our will (such as when we continue to build our homes in a flood plain forced dry by our man-made dams). Also, Volcanoes often kill us because we like to live at the feet of their mountains, where the soil is abundantly fertile for our agricultural purposes.

If we weren't here, they wouldn't be disasters--they'd just be natural mechanisms inherent to the Earth's cycle. Without volcanoes, there would be no life on Earth. These processes are vital to the planet's life--they cause our death in the short range, but in the long range the picture is one of continuing life.

God made the Earth, with it's inherent upkeep functionality--but not in wrath. It is a model of perfect efficiency, IMO.

Currently, though, with the increase of tectonic activity and storm severity, there is a specific cause: the melting of the polar ice caps. Global warming (whatever the causative factors are is actually irrelevant, because it can't be stopped) is a reality, and the fact that 75% of the world's fresh water has been bound up in the ice caps for the last 13,000 or so years means that when that water re-enters the ecological flow as liquid water, all weather systems are being disrupted. The gulf stream and trade winds are changing their course, and the oceans are undergoing drastic temperature changes in diverse areas. The tectonics are disturbed because the water weighs a lot and is impacting the geology underneath it.

It's simply time for 'spring cleaning,' the way I see it. Both geologically and anthropologically.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
HELL-o? Natural disasters have been going on since looooooong before Adam and Eve. But the eventual "creation" of man through a natural process was the destiny for the Earth. At the very instant that this particular universe came into existance - Man was an inevitability. Perhaps a trillion universes had been created before this one, or none. Whatever the case, Man was inevitably going to come in contact with the natural processes of Earth and the Heavens around it.

(Personally I believe that all events are predestined by us using our Free Will before we are born, the entire timeline of the universe is (probably) already laid out, and if one had the proper spacecraft (or perhaps mental ability) one could see the outcome for any event until the end of time. This is based on what I have read about past life regression, and what I have read about particle physics, and time/information moving in the opposite direction as seen in lab experiments*. And this theory would also agree with just about every religion. Otherwise, how could anyone see visions of the future if that event had not already been planned/happened? If time was being constructed along with each event as we moved along at our own pace - then we couldnt see the future, and parts of the universe that moved faster would be moving into a time line that did not exist yet; before we got there to "decide" and make things happen. (*And parts of the universe would be comming from a time that didnt yet exist..) Instead, it would seem that God/Man know that natural disasters of biblical proportions will happen at specific times, and we use them to teach ourselves a lesson.

We tend to personalize the disasters like the Tsunami is an attack on us living now. But maybe the tsunami and all other events togther equal one long punishment for sin or a even test of our worthyness. I mean, this life is suffering as the Buddha said. So, living is our test and it lasts an eternity.)

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think some of the "increase" of natural occurances can be attributed to the fact that we are documenting them better at the current moment. The Earth's been around for an estimated 4.5 billion years, our human civilization has only been to successfully document the weather and the happenings on Earth.

Increase due to some inevitable cataclysim? Perhaps not.

However, dramatic increases of CO2 within the atmosphere and the rapid decrease in polar ice caps over the past 100 years are taking a toll on the world's weather.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
i just thought it was ironic that a hurricane swirled into texas oil fields after katrina happend...

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Does it say anywhere in the bible that the world will see GODs wrath based upon the actions of man?

Sure.

Nahum 1:3 The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: , and the clouds are the dust of his feet.the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Who thought the gigantic perfectly shaped number "2" that floated horizontally into the freakishly gigantic whirling eye of hurrican Wilma (a category "2" storm) was strange?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
If natural disasters were actually the "wrath of God", I would think that we would all have to sit down and re-think God.

To believe that God would cause a Tsunami, a hurricane or an earthquake to punish the evil that men do is ludicrous. After all, isn't God going to "judge" us after we are dead? To deliberately punish man before his death would suggest that God is jumping the gun a bit. What about redemption, forgiveness? What about free will?

The God that I believe in is not so callous. He doesn't sit around and erupt volcanoes or cause viral mutations that will cause untold suffering just to inflict a bit of righteous punishment upon mankind.

I know, the Bible -- the Old Testament -- is full of this stuff. You know, God seeing the evil in mankind so he wipes them off of the face of the earth with floods, etc. Simply put, this was man's interpretation of a world that he hardly understood. When a flood happened, it must have been God's anger. When a tornado wiped out a village....yep, God's angry again.

If this were true, why would God even bother feeding us the "free will" line. Why would God go through the trouble of sending us His Son, Jesus, to redeem us? What about God's love and His forgiveness? Is all of this a myth?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I didn't mean that all natural disasters are caused by god or satan,or whatever mysterious force...obviously mother nature causes these. I'm just implying that mass sacrifice from a hurricane for example,puts a much broadened viewpoint on what is actually going on in the world. The eye of the storm growing more and more fubar

new topics

top topics

join