It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(server transition complete)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

SERVER TRANSITION THIS EVENING (5/6)

Our transition of the entire site code-base and data is scheduled for this evening, May 6. There will be some degree of downtime and a longer period of time when the site will be "read only".

The Expected Schedule/Sequence

1) 7:00 PM EDT -- Site Becomes Read Only: On, or near, 7PM EDT, all three boards will move to "read only" where no new posts or replies to threads will be allowed.

2) 7:20 PM EDT -- Data Transition and Upgrade: Soon after posting is disabled, the data will be moved to our new database server. There will also be some time spent upgrading several database tables to accommodate planned future growth and features. We have just over 4 gigabytes of data to transfer, test, and upgrade, so this part will take the most time.

9:30 PM EDT -- New Server Cluster Up for Testing: If all goes well, the new servers will be fully functioning with ATS, BTS, PTS, and ATSNN by this time.

10:00 PM EDT -- Transition Begins: If all is well, the existing site URL's will redirect you to the unique IP addresses of each site and regular posting can resume.

8:00 AM EDT May 7th -- DNS Changes Complete: By this time, everyone should be able to access the site on the new servers via the normal URL.

Other Sites:

The remaining websites will be moved one-by-one over the next 2-3 days. (TinWiki.org, IgnoranceDenied.com, etc.)

Uploads and Podcasts

The member upload center, podcasts, and new member registrations should be able to resume within 2-3 days after the server move.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Sounds great.

to the staff for the upgrades.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yeah, I notice ATS is a touch slow loading sometimes. I actually dont know if this has to do with the servers . . . I dunno what a server actually is.

But anyways, it all sounds good.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Viva la revolution!!

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Sounds like a busy 3 hours for you tonight. Good luck and let's hope all is smooth.

I just hope we get our background color back...

[edit on 6/5/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Thanks for the warning.

I know a lot of members probably sit there refreshing nonstop, in disbelief when the site goes down without notice. And would continue to do so for days

"Government finally got to them" *clickclickclickclickclick*

[edit on 6-5-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
During this period of engines, navigation system and control surface replacement here on the good ship AboveTopSecret.com it is necessary to ask everyone to wear their hardhats and eye protection.

The SkepticOverlord has already thrown three of the "contractors" lazy bum employees out into the stratosphere and there have been many small tool thrown around. Debris hitting your head or getting in your eyes is not a good thing.

Safety First here at ATS!

Spinger...

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I hope everything goes well and smoothly!
(Well, I know as well as you do that it never does, but still...)

If you run into problems, gimme a call

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Excellent plan and thanks for keeping us informed!

As anyone knows, these things can run into an occasional glitch so I'll light a few candles to have the computer-gods with you and the wind at your back!

Always,
Shawnna

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Specs Man... Specs. Lets hear the specs of the new system

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Best of wishes for a smooth transition and
to all the admins

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
sounds awesome...

and it sounds like a lot of hard work...

i hope all goes well...

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wow, that was an excellent detailed itinerary. Thanx for that timeframe rundown SO. I agree with the rest, being IT myself, that the transition goes super smooth for you.

**Keeping all fingers and toes crossed**

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
cant wait for the first thread saying this was a gov. operation to take out ats

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Indy: ## IMPORTANT ## Information on transition to the new servers

Thanks Gools. Dang. 3 x Dual Opteron Dual Core 265's with 8 gigs of ram each. I hope people appreciate how much is being spent on that hardware. That is some seriously expensive stuff. Its very expensive whether it is being leased or purchased. It should definately smoke.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
i have a suggestion -- the interim system should be programmed to deliver a 50 ooo volt elklectric shock to any member who hists page refresh more that twice , during the scheduled down period -- that will keep people of SOs back and let him work in peace - lol

any attempts to send U2U meaasages to staff / admin should trigger an auto response cruise missile strike

like anything you dont onderstand , and or / cannot influence should be left well alone -- it will sort itself out in its own time

be part of the solution , not part of the problem pepes

MMP

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
While I have no doubt that you will come through the transition alright I still don't think it would hurt to wish you good luck. I hope everything goes ahead of schedule with zero problems.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Where There's Fire...

Originally posted by Indy
It should definately smoke.

Let's hope it only smokes in the figurative sense.

As for the server migration, everyone knows that nothing can possi-bligh go wrong.

But in the highly improbable and laughably inconceivable event that it should, patience will serve us well.

Here's hoping the staff at the hosting service isn't too terribly drunk tonight.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Just a question .....What time is 7 pm EDT in greenich meantime?
thx

[edit on 6-5-2006 by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join