It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creature Making a Strange Noise in My Backyard At Night (Help?)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I apologize first, if I come across being a sceptic. I am very open-minded to cryptids of all kinds and don't dismiss the possibilities of their existance.

However, I live in the UK and we have numerous owls in the county where I live. To me, it sounded much like an owl. Also, I wonder if it could have even been an eagle, or a condor being it is in America.

The audio clip does not give the sound credibility it deserves.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Thanks Rachel, it could be an owl, they are common around these parts, but Xeros had posted on page 3 that it was confirmed to be a fox call (and yes, I do have fox around this area as well). Xeros posted audio files on fox calls and call #3 was almost an exact match.

A reminder to people who have viewed the first page of the thread: The link to my audio on the 1st page does not work...for some reason I cannot edit the post to change the link to the proper one. The correct link to the sound I recorded in my backyard will be found about midway thru page 3.

I would like to thank those who have helped contribute to this thread and have solved the mystery of the eerie noise.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I just wanted to let you know I have heard the exact same noise and it sounds just like the links to the fox as you have noted. I live in Northern, Ohio, and have seen numerous fox in my backyard. Thank you for posting this and saving me all the time of going out and setting up a recording or trying to chase down what was making the noise.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
thank you for all your work, call 1 and 3 are exactly what I have been hearing in my backyard also. The dogs have been going crazy over the noise and my noisy presence did not deter the noise or the sound of heavy footprints in the leaves. The only thing that stopped the noise was my yelling. I have not seen a fox at my house, but some have seen one on a nearby farm. Mystery solved. thanks, va

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
your link does not work... says file not found.

hopefully you'll get that fixed

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
your link does not work... says file not found.

hopefully you'll get that fixed

Bringing this thread back up again, here's a link that works, too bad I can't edit my first post in this thread.

media.putfile.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
i would agree with some of the other posters, it does sound very much like a fox - here in this part of the UK they are very common, and the first time you hear them it is very disturbing. If you search youtube for "fox scream" or something there are examples sounding exactly like yours. So sleep easy!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep

Sorry folks, but that's a dead ringer for my wife. A few drinks and she goes off and then the cops pay a visit.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Lynx sounds like that.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Its some kind of wildlife animal. We have got a bit of a trouble neighbour downstairs and we are getting to know when its him being rowdy and when its a fox, horse or owl. So off the back of this, I'd be able to vouch for strange noises coming from wildlife. Sorry if that disapoints.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join